+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL

this episode just made the series 10x better

Member of the Negima is Super Awesome Group

Hahahaha, oh god. That fusion thing was so stupid and over the top, it was hilarious! The rest of the episode was good but that? Geez, they really took the whole one body, one soul theme a little too far didn't they?
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Hahahaha, oh god. That fusion thing was so stupid and over the top, it was hilarious! The rest of the episode was good but that? Geez, they really took the whole one body, one soul theme a little too far didn't they?
    yea the super saiyan yuma was stupid along with the fusion. but the fusion had good animation, cept for what came out of it

Member of the Negima is Super Awesome Group

So the World Duel Carnival is pretty interesting so far. I'm liking Yuma's season 2 character a lot more already. Now he's giving speeches and winning on his own merits (for the most part). I'm curious to see the plot point behind these new villains; their character designs are really awesome.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Offside_Trap

won't lie this card here would be quite annoying

A soccer deck makes me wonder what other deck's we will see in this Duel Carnival

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

So I've been watching the series, got a question am I the only one supremelly annoyed at how cheap all the fucking battles or atleast most of them have been? is it basicly I get the numbers first I win, I have more numbers I win, the whole numbers thing made it cheap to me, I'm still watching because I'm dumb like that and when I start watching something 90% of the times I finish it.

Its not that the old series didn't have that cheap factor but this series, is all about convinience and cheapness to the extreme.

Another thing, why the fuck do 90% of the character have a YuGi-like hair? as in why do they all have a color of hair and then a stripe on the front with a diferent color...

I hope this Carnival as a few non-numbers battles.

Oh the whole Super sayian thing I though it was pretty stupid, I'm going to turn into SSJ upgrade my card out of nowhere and win the duel...

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    So I've been watching the series, got a question am I the only one supremelly annoyed at how cheap all the fucking battles or atleast most of them have been? is it basicly I get the numbers first I win, I have more numbers I win, the whole numbers thing made it cheap to me, I'm still watching because I'm dumb like that and when I start watching something 90% of the times I finish it.

Its not that the old series didn't have that cheap factor but this series, is all about convinience and cheapness to the extreme.

Another thing, why the fuck do 90% of the character have a YuGi-like hair? as in why do they all have a color of hair and then a stripe on the front with a diferent color...

I hope this Carnival as a few non-numbers battles.

Oh the whole Super sayian thing I though it was pretty stupid, I'm going to turn into SSJ upgrade my card out of nowhere and win the duel...

There just was a non-numbers duel with Yuma VS the soccer kid

, Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    There just was a non-numbers duel with Yuma VS the soccer kid
    Yes that is why I hope there is more, I was starting to think every participant in the Carnival would conviniently have a numbers card.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

So I might start watching this, what can I expect?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

5Ds it is not...
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

normal avatar on Hiatus JarmenKell's Avatar

Is the anime worth watching?

I officially can't be bothered playing the TCG anymore. The March banlist just destroyed all the useful synchros but didn't even touch the XYZ/exceed cards. Not even those that are 2x as imbalanced as synchros. Pure marketing greed.

It's the fourth series and the author still uses the Draw Ex Machina...

The ban-list didn't affect me that much, since my deck doesn't revolve around Ice Barriers, but...is it just me, or is Dimensional Prison really broken?

Bottomless Trap Hole does basically the same thing, but triggers during a monster summon. Only two are allowed per deck, but three for Dimensional Prison, which is worse than Mirror Force. Yes, Mirror Force can nuke a field, but as a card destruction trap it's more easily negated than something that removes a card from play.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Is the anime worth watching?

I officially can't be bothered playing the TCG anymore. The March banlist just destroyed all the useful synchros but didn't even touch the XYZ/exceed cards. Not even those that are 2x as imbalanced as synchros. Pure marketing greed.

It's the fourth series and the author still uses the Draw Ex Machina...
    I personally like Zexal but you really have to watch it to better get a opinion. And for the record you have to consider that XYZ monsters are limited to the number of materials use up the usually 2 or 3 materials on the monsters effect and it becomes useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The ban-list didn't affect me that much, since my deck doesn't revolve around Ice Barriers, but...is it just me, or is Dimensional Prison really broken?

Bottomless Trap Hole does basically the same thing, but triggers during a monster summon. Only two are allowed per deck, but three for Dimensional Prison, which is worse than Mirror Force. Yes, Mirror Force can nuke a field, but as a card destruction trap it's more easily negated than something that removes a card from play.
    You have to consider things other than negating destruction cards for instance cards like Red Nova Dragon and other monsters that can't be destroyed by card effects and monsters that are unaffected by traps such as E Hero Wild Heart or monsters that can negate trap card activation when they attack such as Gadjiltron Dragon. Not to mention D Prison is one of a kind it isn't like they have other cards with the same or similar effect to put into the deck to only remove the monster when it attacks.

When you consider things like that D Prison ins't really that broken.

It's gotten better than the beginning, but Yuma is still a dumbass protagonist. I suggest you watch it and decide for yourself, because there are some good moments here and there.

I've been following it weekly since the start (or as weekly as the subs would allow), and I must say it's definitely worth it. The characters get interesting as the series goes on, the main character gets noticeable development from the dope he starts off as, and the plot really keeps you interested especially when the World Duel Carnival starts. I'd definitely suggest it.

As for the March Banlist I'm glad it did a couple of things (good riddance Glow-Up and Trap Dustshoot), but I'm more so upset what they didn't do. Between Dark Worlds and Wind-Ups hand destruction will rule this format. That's why I'm attempting to build Infernitys, despite how expensive the deck is (3 Barriers will be the hardest part obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    As for the March Banlist I'm glad it did a couple of things (good riddance Glow-Up and Trap Dustshoot), but I'm more so upset what they didn't do. Between Dark Worlds and Wind-Ups hand destruction will rule this format. That's why I'm attempting to build Infernitys, despite how expensive the deck is (3 Barriers will be the hardest part obviously).
    Inzektors?

I heard that Konami only bans cards they want to phase out anyway; T/F?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

normal avatar on Hiatus JarmenKell's Avatar

Follow metagame much?
    XYZ is more broken than synchros. The synrchos were mostly banned to force players to buy XYZ cards
    and all the latest imbalanced cards aren't banned. Take Tour Guide. It can be abused with sangan, but because it's just recently released, the don't put in on the list cos want to sell the supply of that card.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Follow metagame much?
    XYZ is more broken than synchros. The synrchos were mostly banned to force players to buy XYZ cards
    and all the latest imbalanced cards aren't banned. Take Tour Guide. It can be abused with sangan, but because it's just recently released, the don't put in on the list cos want to sell the supply of that card.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. your funny. Name 10 xyz monster that are more broken than Legendary Six Sam - Shien, Brionac Dragon of Ice Barrier, Red Nova Dragon, Shooting Star Dragon, Ally of Justice Catastor, Stardust Dragon, Blackwing - ArmorMaster, Trishula, Goyo Guardian, Black Rose Dragon, Thought Ruler Archfiend, Mist Wurm, Dark Strike Fighter, Formula Synchron, Naturia Beast, Naturia Barkion, Scrap Dragon and the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. your funny. Name 10 xyz monster that are more broken than Legendary Six Sam - Shien, Brionac Dragon of Ice Barrier, Red Nova Dragon, Shooting Star Dragon, Ally of Justice Catastor, Stardust Dragon, Blackwing - ArmorMaster, Trishula, Goyo Guardian, Black Rose Dragon, Thought Ruler Archfiend, Mist Wurm, Dark Strike Fighter, Formula Synchron, Naturia Beast, Naturia Barkion, Scrap Dragon and the list goes on.
    All of them?

XYZs are only "broken" in the sense that unlike in MTG, Konami doesn't release new errata to update older cards to deal with the new mechanics. A lot of the value in XYZs is how they're immune to older cards and effects because the language never envisioned dealing with them.

I haven't seen much of XYZs because they are fairly unpopular, but Synchros are definitely not game-breaking when stuff like BLS, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and Future Fusion are still allowed. Cards like that put a much greater emphasis on tactical play than deck strategy, but can be overcome at the the tactical level. And certain decks can shut them out.

A truly broken card is one that can single-handedly defeat an entire deck strategy, like any of the three virus cards. I have no idea why only Crush Card is banned.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Inzektors?

I heard that Konami only bans cards they want to phase out anyway; T/F?
    Insektors are Tier 1 there's no doubt about that, but they're really not that broken imo. Rather, the deck is manageable to beat (my Scraps especially have yet to lose against one). Wind-Ups and Dark Worlds both rely on the strategy of destroying your opponents whole hand, so I feel like I'm playing in the old days of Confiscation-Deliquent Duo-Forceful all over again. Now granted Dark Worlds aren't anywhere near as good at this as Wind-Ups are (infinite Hunter-Zenmaity loop), but it's still annoying enough to where I'll only play in tournaments this format if I get the Infernities built.

And that's really hit and miss. There's no doubt this most recent list was to kill the plant-syncro deck, but imo Glow-Up and Trap Dustshoot can make a nice little home on the ban list. They generally won't ban newer cards because yes they'll want to sell them first; konami doesn't always think like players, so if there's a chance a new list would lose them profit they won't do it. Also just a note, personally I find Exceeds (XYZs) to bring more balance to the game if anything. They get their effects dependent on materials they have, they're not as easy to spam as syncros, and they can't continuously abuse their effects like most syncros can. Also, another note, Tour Guide has absolutely no logical reason to get banned. Her effect isn't broken even in the slightest :P

I have no idea why only Crush Card is banned.
    There are several cards that just need to come off already. Dark Magician of Chaos (highly rumored to come off next format due to Battle Pack reprint), Magician of Faith, Tribe Infecting Virus, Crush Card, and imo Cyber Jar just because I'd really love to have him back in the game. Then again I'm the guy who wants Witch off so take my banlist opinions for what you will :P lol Aside from those last 2 though I see no logical reason why to keep the rest on anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information