+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Topic: Water Drinking Discussion on Water

Default Re: Water Topic: Water Drinking Discussion on Water

You need moderation in your life. Otherwise, you'll just burn out on the things you love really quickly.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887

Balance, my friends, balance in all things.

I've learned to drink more water and it does taste good to me, since I always get it ice cold from a tap. Also having a bottle of tap water in a fridge during the hottest season of summer is a life saver!

I'd say I drink about six glasses of water every day, sometimes more. I usually drink juice during dinner, but if I don't have any or the food is slightly spicy I'll instantly change to water.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

Holypuffy... sweetheart... did you seriously just made a thread about "water?!"

Gah...
    You're too much.

Cut all (calorie-bearing) soda and fruit juice out of my diet about a year ago. That pretty much only leaves water... and silk milk sometimes, but I view that as more of a meal than a drink.

I drink ice water and hot green tea most of the time. I love Coke but I try to only have it once a month because of the delicious sugar mmmmm.

As much as I enjoy the taste of water, I sometimes wonder how people can drink 6-8 cups a day and not get as bloated as hell. 12oz leaves me sloshing and my stomach feeling heavy. Perhaps I need to watch my salt intake or something, not really sure.

Regarding water vs other beverages, I like to drink water while I'm exercising and when I'm simply thirsty, but I prefer to drink tea or diet soda with meals because the flavor of the drink often seems to accentuate the food that I'm currently eating. I try to stay well away from sugared soft drinks because of the calories, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the overly-sweet taste. And I have a huge sweet-tooth. So I consider that to be a occasional treat.

And as to how I like to drink my water, I prefer it room temperature to slightly cool. Icy cold water just hurts my teeth (but sometimes it's worth it on a super hot day). ^^

a mood come alive.

I was swimming in P.E. today when I was doing the deep water test and I got a whole mouthful of pool water. I swallowed it and kept going. Now I can swim in the deep end and people won't think I'm a bad swimmer who can only stay in the shallow end!! YAAAY.

For the past couple months I only drank water, then I had one can of pop. Then I figured screw it.

One time, I drank water

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    One time, I drank water
    Holy sh*t!!
    And then what happened?!
    'Cause when I drank the pool water, it tasted like crap, and then someone kicked me in the face.

I grew up drinking water. I used to drink sodas a lot in childhood (orange, grape, rootbeer), but after a while you just get burnt out on it.

In 2006 my Dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer and he died 6 months later. My mom has come to heavily suspect that part of his problem resulted from him drinking Pepsi all the time and drinking little to no water to help flush out his kidneys (the other culprit is suspected to be inherited, seeing as my grandfather had similar symptoms as my Daddy before he died). Since then I have become even more fixated on keeping my kidneys flushed out. If I drink something out of the norm, it is usually when I go to a restraunt or if I decide to get myself a lemon iced-tea from the vending machine at school. Otherwise I have no love for sodas or other unhealthy beverages at all.

My bro on the other hand is always chugging down Coca-Cola. He can't seem to get it through his head though that despite his healthy choices in terms of food that his coca-cola is what keeps him from losing that last bit of weight on his goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Water is my favorite fantasy element. Any character that can manipulate Ice and/or Water is automatically my favorite character. I run a WATER deck in Yugioh, I have a Blue Artifact deck in Magic, Pet Shop had the best stand, etc, etc.

That said, have any of you guys noticed that hot water tastes drastically different than cold water?
    Last edited by Zkaiser; April 13th, 2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I'm also tying around with the idea of becoming a hydrologist.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

It really does.

Drinking hot water is just...gah.

a mood come alive.

Water was dead to me the second they told me there was nothing in it.

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I've been slowly weaning myself off of cokes, and since I am more physically active, water's become a staple. I drink about 2-3 bottles a day.

I made it five weeks without soda last year. Last week of September and all of October.

Problem is I live in Texas, and we love our Dr. Pepper in Texas. Especially Dublin Dr. Pepper, which is good ol' DP just made with pure sugar cane.
    See, at the Chicken Express (which is a place most of you will not know since they exist in only like five states) behind my campus, they have Dublin Dr. Pepper on fountain.

I failed miserable when I went there after a football game with some buddies. It's just so hard to resist!

Also, I may have a problem.

I get headaches if I don't have at least one soda a day. Bad headaches. Withdrawal headaches. I went through 'em for two weeks when I first kicked soda. They freakin suck.

Water is great.

But I drink APPLE JUICE 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Last year I ate nothing and only drank water for 5 days. That seriously makes you go a little crazy but I still love water.
    I don't really like soda. It's alright from time to time and I drink it occasionally (mostly mixed with alcohol) but water and apple juice is pretty much the only thing I drink regularly.

EDIT: Oh, and milk. Nobody seems to like milk as much as I do.
    Last edited by Chocula; April 14th, 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: +

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Water is great.

But I drink APPLE JUICE 24/7.
    You know

How to rock

I have a really weak, sensitive mouth, or I'd be drinking apple juice more often. My tongue gets kind of fucked up if I have too much.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information