+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 621: Otohime and Tiger

Default Re: Chapter 621: OTOHIME AND TIGER

That was awesome!

- Oh, it's so nice to see Usopp's Pirates again! They look cool now
    - Queen Otohime is awesome! So passionte, and hilarious, too xD
    - Even the three princes look.... cute Oo
    - King Neptune talking about "distant ancestors" made me really excited... I wonder if this has anything to do with the Void History.
    - Somehw I really like how Arlong looks there... I like his style. And he was 25 back then?
    - "You know very well that I'm not scum, brother." "Garbage then?" Oh Jinbei... xD
    - BTW Jinbei is boss
    - Frog? No - HIPPO - awesome! XD
    - Wow.. Just wow. Arlong told Jinbei to stop punching the humans? O__o
    - The last spread with the Sunny Pirates is EPIC

Somehow this chapter felt short.

People here don't seem to know fish lay eggs and then sperm is sprayed onto the eggs externally.

Discovered Stowaway

I re-read the final pages over and over again. I cannot believe Arlong is the voice of reason compared to Jimbe and willing to show at least a little mercy. I always thought he was among the most *evil* of villans in One Piece showwing no remorse for any actions. At least Akainu shows duty, but Arlong was just a bastard. I wonder what the next couple of issues will show, if his mercy is something that was a one time event, or he was hardened as the fight went on?

Oksa: Also her reputation as a beauty always kinda bugged me when did pirates get to see her as a grown up since she's been locked

up 10 years? pictures? or were they pedos?

Vongola: Plausible indeed.

I really liked Jinbei's line there guy is cool through and through I cn't wait to see more differences in his personality then and now.

Oh, and the odds that we'll learn something more about the *distant ancestors* that Neptune was talking about from the Poneglyph/Robin: HIGH
    High for sure.

Hachi was supposed to be a child who rescued Rayleigh 22 years ago. Arlong seemed to be the same age as he was in that flashback. Yet 16/15 years ago they're 25
    Maybe teenage fishmen's growth spurt is delayed So dn't be fooled Hachi was a teen in a 6 year old body

Timeline seems messed up indeed
    Last edited by dasia; April 13th, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Well if she was locked away, it could've started as a rumor...basically "oh she's so beautiful they lock her away" etc. and the fact that Decken was after her probably strengthened those rumors.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Duomaxwe View Post
    People here don't seem to know fish lay eggs and then sperm is sprayed onto the eggs externally.
    Yeah, but if I remember correctly Oda specifically said that fishfolk were mammals and gave birth to live young like humans. I figured that applied to merfolk as well.

-.- It's been mentioned over and over. Fishmen and mermaids in One Piece give birth the same way as humans do.

Quote Originally Posted by HiroVoid View Post
    -.- It's been mentioned over and over. Fishmen and mermaids in One Piece give birth the same way as humans do.
    Yeah but I still want to know how a mermaid is able to do it before her 30s and the tail splitting xD
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Quote Originally Posted by koalaman13 View Post
    I re-read the final pages over and over again. I cannot believe Arlong is the voice of reason compared to Jimbe and willing to show at least a little mercy. I always thought he was among the most *evil* of villans in One Piece showwing no remorse for any actions. At least Akainu shows duty, but Arlong was just a bastard. I wonder what the next couple of issues will show, if his mercy is something that was a one time event, or he was hardened as the fight went on?
    I'm guessing it's probably a little bit of both...that is, he's already pretty bad 16 years ago, but the turning point is probably the death of Fisher Tiger and probably Otohime too. Maybe Arlong and his crew grew even more embittered towards humans, whereas Jinbe do the opposite and try to carry on Otohime's will. Just a baseless prediction, we'll see how it really goes in the next chapters.

Even if that's the case, it's gotta be one big-ass egg to contain Shirahoshi...

Thanks for the chapter, everyone.

I'm still a tad confused regarding the development of Jinbe, even though I did like the idea that we have four factions of Fishmen (Tiger, Jinbe, Arlong, Macro) who united under one banner to become the Sun/Sunny Pirates. Otohime was interesting...though I do find it bizarre that she would give birth to someone as massive as Shirahoshi.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Coming home and having a fresh new chapter to read.
    Awesome..thx to everyone involved.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Yeah but I still want to know how a mermaid is able to do it before her 30s and the tail splitting xD
    fish-dogy style.. great chapter..why does everyone want to but in some logik sense in a fictional story???
    Its D.ecided " I will get one piece!"

The Devil's best friend.

How the fuck did Otohime give birth to that big ass baby?

Goddamn, that must have been a fucking nightmare behind comprehension.

Women really do have tougher then men indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by HiroVoid View Post
    Well considering it wouldn't be physically possible to do it in the way mammals do you're welcome to suggest an alternate idea.

The Devil's best friend.

I'm surprised she didn't die from the childbirth.

I thought we seen Macro before, but maybe I'm confusing myself with one of the Soul Reaper captains in Bleach (which I haven't read in 3 years).

The kid who got slapped by the queen looked like Hodi on page 8.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/58373218/8

Well considering it wouldn't be physically possible to do it in the way mammals do you're welcome to suggest an alternate idea.
    R: When the Arlong guys and the other Fishmen give birth, do they lay eggs like fish?[2]

O:Fishmen are still mammals, so they give birth the way humans do. There are fishwomen too, of course.
    Oda stated this is how it is with Fishmen. I would assume the same goes with merfolk as well.

Decent chapter, I wouldn't say downright awesome but it was by no means bad. Good set up for what's to come. Kinda sad seeing how much Otohime cares about her cause because we all know how it's going to end up. Arlong as the 'voice of reason' kinda weirds me out as well, but Jinbei's busted bloodied knuckles in the final panel are bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by jadae View Post
    I thought we seen Macro before, but maybe I'm confusing myself with one of the Soul Reaper captains in Bleach (which I haven't read in 3 years).
    we did.it's the fishman who tried to kidnap caimie

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information