+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 433 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Default My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Basically, I figure I'll throw this thread out, in case anyone wishes to discuss. As I might.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a fine, relatively new series by Lauren Faust (the wife of Craig McCracken; having worked on Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home) that is, when boiled down to its purist form, a very tightly done and professionally put together family cartoon.

With a very balanced, equally emphasized cast of defined and personable ponies, Friendship is Magic focuses heavily on character-driven humor. With a fluid air about it, the characters' chemistry really drives much of the program and it can be absolutely precious. If you're interested in a very cute cartoon that can bring a real smile to your face and some actual laughs while at it, this is it. A short detail on the cast could have proceeded this write-up, but I'm afraid I don't care about telling you about stuff you could find out watching and I don't wish to take up your time. It is quite readily available to download, stream, or actually just catch on The Hub whenever it's showing.

Sharing kindness, it's an easy feat... And magic makes it all complete!
    Last edited by Pochipochi; April 16th, 2011 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Watch it. Now. =l
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

Will this boost my manliness? :s

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

A shame I can't watch it in this country of mine.

It will make you so manly, you won't know where to put the mustache you'll grow in the first 5 mins.

~Rock and Roll~

Okay, I'mma find some decent place to watch this one. I've always been wanting to watch this since you put those sweet attire of yours Chrissie. :3

For the moment, I'm just gonna

I saw a little of this.

It's adorable. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    Okay, I'mma find some decent place to watch this one. I've always been wanting to watch this since you put those sweet attire of yours Chrissie. :3

~Rock and Roll~

If you were to ask me three years ago, which one would I be more interested in and be unashamed in watching, between an immortal vampire and a purple magical pony, then the answer would definitely be the former. After watching a bit of this series, however, it's funny how one Twilight Sparkle can be much more interesting and better written than the other. I've haven't watched them all, just around 8-9 episodes, but from what little I've seen I'm really impressed. It's still a kids' show without any even PG-13 content and instead always have morals, but the story and dialog are good, the humor's not stupid but is actually funny, and the characters are well-developed. The animation is also very nice to see - my favorite one is Rarity, I really like her design and color scheme. And that voice, whoo. My favorite character so far is still Twilight Sparkle though, for instance seeing her manic actions when planning the slumber party is just hilarious.

And now I finally get to find out where all these pony avatars on LJ/Facebook/forums have come from.

And FYI, the ponies in my ava/sig are fanart, not from the show. Specifically they're Dragon Age 2 characters re-envisions as MLP.

is Stolen

So, there's been a lot of buzz about this show. A lot.

My sis, equal parts tomboy and girly girl, ultimately gave in and checked it out because all of her friends were raving about it. I avoided this not because I was afraid I would like it, but because I knew if it was good, I would like it and I like to keep up some thin vernier of masculinity even though I read Hourou Musuko and watch Project Runway (to bond with my sis I swear).

I got strongarmed into watching an episode, and even though I wished I could kill some characters with my eyes, I will admit

it was good.

And now I really wish I ordered that "I DRIVE TRUCKS AND EAT STEAKS MADE OF TRUCKS" shirt when I had the chance. how the hell am i supposed to watch the rest of this series in secret now?

dismay
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And now I finally get to find out where all these pony avatars on LJ/Facebook/forums have come from.

And FYI, the ponies in my ava/sig are fanart, not from the show. Specifically they're Dragon Age 2 characters re-envisions as MLP.
    i thought you'd be all over this show satsuki
    Hi MF

Just leaving this here... Where it belongs...

~Rock and Roll~

i actually saw a couple of episodes and in my opinion they're good. and i'm a 23 year old guy, too.

FINALLY WE HAVE A THREAD.

I mean, uh, I have been watching it for a long time now and I really freaking enjoy it. It's a dark secret of mine. :I
    "Trust him with me...I WANT TO WRONG JIGGLE."
    Crack Navigator for the Fandom Pirates

I don't see what's so great about it.
    Apparently it's cool to think it's cool for some people.
    There. I said it.

I don't see what's so not great about it.
    Apparently it's cool to think that some people think it's cool to think it's cool.
    There. I said it.

~Rock and Roll~

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I don't see what's so great about it.
    Apparently it's cool to think it's cool for some people.
    There. I said it.
    That'd be great if I even paid attention, or cared about, 4chan's /co/ board, and how I have looked at absolutely zero of its fandom.

I'm well aware it has a wacky, reaching fanbase that can be exceedingly annoying and

Nobody cares.

It's really undeniably a tight show. Whether or not it appeals to you is a completely different story, but its professional handling is pretty obvious.

I randomly found the show while re-watching the old episodes since I was a MLP fanatic when a kid.

~Rock and Roll~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    I don't see what's so not great about it.
    Apparently it's cool to think that some people think it's cool to think it's cool.
    There. I said it.
    I don't think that's the case. I haven't met anyone that doesn't like it...

It's pretty assumptive and begging for a counter to say that a lot of people are into some bandwagon and they cannot actually justify, realize, or understand what it is they like about the show. Which is basically what you're implying saying "apparently it's cool to think that it's cool".

I don't mean to try to make subjectivity objective, but I already elaborated a bit in my opening post what makes it such a nice show for some people. A really diverse cast? A lot of balance between them? Then you've got high-grade voice acting and vibrant animation. So long as the humor is your thing, I can completely understand why anyone would like it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information