+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 465 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 9288

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (season 7 airing now)

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (season 7 airing now)

I really like the animation. It's really neat to see MLP:FiM style MLP with such high quality animation. However, I'm not sure about everything else about the movie (sea ponies are cool, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Movie trailer.

They look so weird shaded and with high frame counts on their lip flaps.

Spoiler:
    Sea ponies! Well, Satsuki should be happy.
    Looks pretty promising already. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Movie trailer.

They look so weird shaded and with high frame counts on their lip flaps.

Spoiler:
    Sea ponies! Well, Satsuki should be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by satsuki
    paging Satsuki. There' s a trailer for you to sea
    bumping for reasons

ACK! HOW CAN I HAVE MISSED THIS?! FINA-FUCKING-LLY!

I don't see those sea ponies singing though. That is unacceptable.

Bronycon PMV contest winners:

Spoiler:

Ponies Anthology 6:

Spoiler:

My contributions:

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Haven't watched the show in forever, but I might check out the film if I get a chance. Any opinions on it so far?

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Haven't watched the show in forever, but I might check out the film if I get a chance. Any opinions on it so far?
    I just saw it today. As a guy who has watched the show from beginning and still continues to watch the show, I thought the movie was...alright. Not bad, not great, just felt like an average episode of the show.

Spoiler:
    The story's pretty basic in that Twilight and co. just have to fight another evil force that wants to take over the world. Twilight, of course, is pretty much given the main focus but even then I'm not sure she really goes through any sort of character arc. I'm not even sure there's a consistent theme in the movie, except maybe "Friendship is worthwhile." Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Applejack get some good moments, but unfortunately don't have a whole lot to do in the movie.

And of course one of the big draws of this movie was that we get a whole slew of new characters and species we've never before, like the cat guy, the parrot people, and, of course, the sea ponies. And yeah, it's nice to see some new species in the Pony world, but, again, they aren't given a whole lot to do. Twilight and the others get to know them briefly and they just kinda go on their way and help out at the very end. The Storm King though I thought was a pretty entertaining villain, though, unfortunately, he doesn't get a lot of screen time.

Oh, and the humor isn't that great either. There were a few moments that got giggles about me, but...yeah, pretty meh writing.

The animation is easily the best part of the movie. Very vibrant and fluid, though something felt kind of off about the character models and the way they moved, but I guess that's kind of nitpicky.

So yeah, if you're a fan of the show, you'll probably get a decent amount of entertainment out of it. But if you're on the fence about it and not sure if you want to see it, then, yeah, you can probably just wait for the DVD/Netflix.

Like I said, not bad, but I feel like it could've been a lot better.

Also, for what it's worth, the theater I went to had a lot of little girls attending the show. I think it's nice at least that, in addition to Bronies, the show still manages to appeal to its intended audience.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; October 7th, 2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I just saw it today. As a guy who has watched the show from beginning and still continues to watch the show, I thought the movie was...alright. Not bad, not great, just felt like an average episode of the show.

Spoiler:
    The story's pretty basic in that Twilight and co. just have to fight another evil force that wants to take over the world. Twilight, of course, is pretty much given the main focus but even then I'm not sure she really goes through any sort of character arc. I'm not even sure there's a consistent theme in the movie, except maybe "Friendship is worthwhile." Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Applejack get some good moments, but unfortunately don't have a whole lot to do in the movie.

And of course one of the big draws of this movie was that we get a whole slew of new characters and species we've never before, like the cat guy, the parrot people, and, of course, the sea ponies. And yeah, it's nice to see some new species in the Pony world, but, again, they aren't given a whole lot to do. Twilight and the others get to know them briefly and they just kinda go on their way and help out at the very end. The Storm King though I thought was a pretty entertaining villain, though, unfortunately, he doesn't get a lot of screen time.

Oh, and the humor isn't that great either. There were a few moments that got giggles about me, but...yeah, pretty meh writing.

The animation is easily the best part of the movie. Very vibrant and fluid, though something felt kind of off about the character models and the way they moved, but I guess that's kind of nitpicky.

So yeah, if you're a fan of the show, you'll probably get a decent amount of entertainment out of it. But if you're on the fence about and not sure if you want to see it then, yeah, you can probably just wait for the DVD/Netflix.

Like I said, not bad, but I feel like it could've been a lot better.

Also, for what it's worth, the theater I went to had a lot of little girls attending the show. I think it's nice at least that, in addition to Bronies, the show still manages to appeal to its intended audience.
    Ah, I guess it wouldn't do a whole lot for me, then. My daughter might appreciate the series when she's a bit older, so we might wait for the movie until then.

Tell me, though, do the Pulp Fiction ponies get anything else to do besides the buttercream bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Tell me, though, do the Pulp Fiction ponies get anything else to do besides the buttercream bit?
    Spoiler:
    Nope. That was literally their only scene.

Spoiler:

And of course one of the big draws of this movie was that we get a whole slew of new characters and species we've never before, like the cat guy, the parrot people, and, of course, the sea ponies. And yeah, it's nice to see some new species in the Pony world, but, again, they aren't given a whole lot to do. Twilight and the others get to know them briefly and they just kinda go on their way and help out at the very end.
    . . . . . but do they SING?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    . . . . . but do they SING?
    Spoiler:
    If memory serves, yes, they all get to sing their own song or share in a song. Taye Diggs' song was pretty good, I guess.

Spoiler:
    If memory serves, yes, they all get to sing their own song or share in a song. Taye Diggs' song was pretty good, I guess.
    Spoiler:
    . . . . Taye Diggs is a sea pony?

Hope it's okay that it's not a spoiler that Taye Diggs is Capper the cat guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Spoiler:
    . . . . Taye Diggs is a sea pony?
    As Shift said, Taye Diggs is Capper the cat

Spoiler:
    But the sea ponies do sing as well

As Shift said, Taye Diggs is Capper the cat

Spoiler:
    But the sea ponies do sing as well
    Good. That's all that matters.

Spoiler:
    The falling out between Pinkie & Twilight was like knives through the chest.
    I hate when best friends fight like that, Pinkie looked so wounded T_T

Also, holy crap! They killed a villain that wasn't Sombra!
    Though he died from the dreaded "Disney Fall", where it's self-inflicted and gravity does all the work.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

There was apparently a *massive* leak of Pony material, including the series bible, the last several episodes of the season, and even the movie. (Yes, the one that just hit theaters.)

It's all online so beware of spoilers. Also, you can find the movie now if you look. But don't look, support the franchise and see it in theaters. (It's not out here yet. Maybe next week.)

Saw the movie.

Yeah, that sure was... a movie. I guess. Captain Usopp was not impressed with Sea Ponies.

Not impressed. Maybe if this same film had been done after season 3 instead of after season 7.

I'm sure its good for the actual target audience of five year old girls getting it as their first movie though.

Also the Derpy pandering at the end was too much. Derpy is best pony but I just feel kind of insulted that they triple crammed her like that at the last minute, like they *know* that's the background pony that gets attention.
    Last edited by Robby; October 12th, 2017 at 08:16 PM.

Rarity & Pinkie were fantastic, loved their little moments.
    (like Rarity's Oscar-winning whine on the staircase, or checking her appearance in the mirror while falling out of the sky.)

The songs were up to the usual standard, found them very enjoyable. The animation was a treat at times too (rainboom especially).
    "Open Up Your Eyes" gave me "Be Prepared" vibes and that can only be a positive thing.

There was also the dark stuff like the fact that the ponies were going to be sold into slavery.

Overall it's been a movie that me and my friends have seen several times. Lots to enjoy here IMO.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Saw the movie. Had fun. Didn't leave that much of an impression.

I mean, it was mostly just because my sister asked if I wanted to come along that I went to see it at all, having sort of lost interest in the series as a whole in recent years (I haven't even SEEN the latest season). For what it was, it was fine, I had a good time watching it, but nothing about it particularly impressed me... well, maybe the villain song, that was pretty badass.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information