+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 468 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468
Results 9,341 to 9,352 of 9352

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (9th & Final Season Airing Now)

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (9th & Final Season Airing Now)

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't remember seeing Granny Smith during the final song, guess she's dead.
    Considering what Applejack and Applebloom were wearing, yes, that seems a likely bet.
    Last edited by Robby; October 22nd, 2019 at 11:06 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Starlight VS Chrysalis was so anime.
    I wanted like.... 10 more minutes of that.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I can't get enough of this fan animation sendoff:

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I can't get enough of this fan animation sendoff:

im speechless on how good that is.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

On the more negative side of things, I saw the Rainbow Road Trip special and, holy crap, that might be the worst MLP:FiM-related thing I've ever seen. It was dull, tedious, unfunny, cloying, the plot made no sense, and it was just all around a slog to get through. Apparently, it was produced by some Irish company rather than DHX, which at least explains some of it, but if this is the kind of work they put out I wouldn't hire them. Also, I think they tried to the emulate the "3-D" look of the movies, which looks even worse this time around.

I admit that the special didn't enthrall me enough to re-watch it on my own,
    but I did appreciate the "interact with your community, greet your neighbors" message.
    A couple of YouTube reactors almost teared up during that speech.... until Pinkie jumped in to ruin it.

Torque Wrench and Kerfuffle were good concept characters, they should have been in the main show.
    Extra points for Kerfuffle having a false leg that was never fussed over or pointed out. Very cool.

I also think the ending song Living in Color sounds alright for what it is.
    I loved the way they played around with the visuals.

I'm also a HUGE sucker for schmaltz, so the fact that the "biggest speech of my life" the Mayor was writing the whole time was a proposal...
    That was a heart melter for me. I felt genuinely happy for them.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    I admit that the special didn't enthrall me enough to re-watch it on my own,
    but I did appreciate the "interact with your community, greet your neighbors" message.
    The weird thing is there was never any reason for why they stopped being neighborly in the first place. Like, did everyone get smart phones or something?

Between Equestria and the Village of Bookend

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?

On one hand, it could end up like Teen Titans Go, which doesn't have a good rep.
    Or it could end up like RWBY Chibi or the Avatar The Last Airbender shorts, which do have a good rep.

I'll definitely give it a shot, I notice little personality quirks that are still there.
    (Rarity rolling her shoulders and fluttering her eyelashes,
    Fluttershy covering her mouth after shouting "hell", etc)

And with the voice actresses staying on board too, I'm sure that at the very least it won't be awful to sit through.
    We just need to wait and see where it places on a scale of "meh" to "great".

I did make this though, for the lulz.

So MLP is getting the Teen Titans Go treatment. Because what isn't these days?

I thought it was just a new line of toys.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

I'd prefer a conclusion to EqG, but eh guess whatever keeps the Gen 4 boat afloat before G5. The designs are cute but the writing's gonna determine if it's worth my time.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information