+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DC/Marvel animated films thread

The Devil's best friend.

Default DC/Marvel animated films thread

I decided to make this thread to discuss recent the series of animated features based on franchises from Marvel and DC.

Recently announced: Justice League Doom
    http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...d-film-of-2012

The last script work of the late and great Dwayne Mcduffie.

Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff have been tapped to star as the voices in Batman: Year One, the adaptation of the Frank Miller comic book classic from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation.

Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu are directing the movie, the 12th entry in the successful series of DC universe animated originals. Tab Murphy wrote the script.

The feature adapts the landmark four-issue story written by Miller and drawn by David Mazzucchelli that first appeared in 1987 on the heels of Miller's seminal work, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Those tomes, along with The Watchmen, helped elevate the comics medium, changing the public's perception of the art form and influencing Hollywood writers and artists to this day.

In Year One, a young Bruce Wayne is first starting out as a costumed vigilante. He creates an early bond with Lieutenant James Gordon, whose importance in the tale makes it as much as Gordon's story as Wayne's.

Cranston is playing Gordon, while McKenzie is Wayne/Batman. Dushku voices Catwoman, while Sackhoff is Detective Sarah Essen, a Gordon love interest.
    Batman Year one isn't the only Frank Miller comic getting an adaption.....

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...tting-animated

Default Re: DC/Marvel animated films thread

Can't wait until Year One.

And I loved the Tower of Babel storyline. I'm guessing that Kyle will be rewritten as Hal though. Or John. But probably Hal. XD

Saw the Hulk Vs movies the other week. Vs Wolverine was absolutely fantastic. Deadpool was brilliant throughout. Vs Thor was ok but by no means terrible.

Also saw the Ultimate Avengers movie, the first one. That wasn't bad but didn't really hold my interest for as long as it should have.

I've got the Lionsgate Iron Man and Doctor Strange movies kicking about, are they any good?

Looking forward to the next couple of Batman releases. Red Hood was really good.

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

Red Hood WAS good, but I wonder why didn't put in Tim Drake...

And I heard some good stuff about Hulk vs.
    So good, that I've requested it at the library.

New Emerald Knights clip:

The Devil's best friend.

Year One trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Year One trailer.

Looking good, I absolutely love Year One, but probably not as much as The Dark Knight Returns, which I'm excited for as well.

Oooh looks awesome. I'm excited about the Catwoman short too.

The Devil's best friend.

Bump!

Here's a trailer for Justice League Doom( the late and great Dwayne Mcduffie's last script)

Doom looks great, and the return of the Justice League TV series cast makes me VERY happy.

Kevin Conroy, and Michael Rosenbaum especially.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

JUSTICE LEAGUE/UNLIMITED VOICES ARE BACK FFFFFFFFFFFFF~

Regarding that fact, kinda disappointed at no sign of Hawkgirl and John Stewart but I know, HAL JORDAN, GL MOVIE blah blah blah...

I'm gonna get it, the VA's and Mr McDuffie's writing is more than enough for me.

Yeah, all the JLU actors are back for everyone. Except, for Superman they went with Tim Daly (his Superman TAS VA) instead of George Newbern (His JL and JLU Actor)

They even got Vandal Savage's JL Actor back. Hell, they Even JIMMY OLSEN'S Superman TAS actor is back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Love hearing Kevin Conroy again. <3

I liked the Catwoman showcase a lot, especially the action scenes. I'm not totally sold on Eliza Dushku as Selina (I always imagined a deeper/older/smokier voice for her in my head) but she's not bad.
    Last edited by lelandlancaster; October 24th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

They need to do something with Darkseid. I want to hear Michael Ironside's interpretation of him again.

Eliza Dushku doesn't have a deep smoky voice?

Not deep or smoky enough for me. But different strokes.

Anyone see Year One yet? I loved it! The cast, for the most part, was great. Very faithful to the comic, and the time just flew by. Only complaint was Alfred and Bruce's VA's weren't very.....Alfred and Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    They need to do something with Darkseid. I want to hear Michael Ironside's interpretation of him again.
    Well, they did do something with Darkseid. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse has Darkseid as its chief villain. That time. however, he was voiced by Andre Braugher (Homicide: Life on the Street, Men of a Certain Age). Braugher did a pretty good job.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Yeah, I know. That was back when they barely used any DCAU voices because they wanted to go in a new direction or somesuch.

But now they're back to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Anyone see Year One yet? I loved it! The cast, for the most part, was great. Very faithful to the comic, and the time just flew by. Only complaint was Alfred and Bruce's VA's weren't very.....Alfred and Bruce.
    I liked it a lot and enjoyed Gordon's stuff a lot more than I thought I would. BUT YEAH BRUCE'S VA. It seemed a bit off to me too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information