Closed Thread
Page 1 of 212 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Quinzis and the Hollowcaust

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Default Bleach Discussion 0: Quinzis and the Hollowcaust

In which we discuss Tite Kubo's magnum opus.

With heart.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)

and soul .

Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

Part 1:http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=13261
    Part 2:http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=15538
    Part 3:http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=25199
    Part 4:http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29130

Just leaving this here for reference.

And for those who don't know I leave the definition of the word FELCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    Considering how so many Bleach fans continue to suck up the bland white product Kubo pumps into WSJ every week, I find the current title to be perfectly apropos.

And holy shit that guy's now behind me.

So, now that I've actually read the new chapter...
    Riruka was nearby or coming back conveniently when Chad blew up the wall of their hideout, and speaking of which, Kubo traced his back-attack pose for Chad's frontal attack.
    And apparently in Felch, people aren't supposed to hear you when you're a few feet away... Way to keep the unneeded secret there Chad.
    Watch, Ginjou's sword can "block anything"...
    And we already knew from last chapter, but Ichigo's Fullbring being exactly what his shinigami powers were is laaaaaaaammmmeee...
    And we're back to the original Fullbring explanation. Anyone want to make a counter for how many times this changes?

On the plus side, things are kind of moving since it's an action chapter and the pacing isn't as terrible in those usually.
    Last edited by loledinmypants; April 20th, 2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: chapter was better than normal, but traced poses annoy me

I like the fact that Ichigo's Fullbring shows how Kubo is lazy (all black!!!!!)

This manga sucks

Hey, thanks. Some of the older threads were hiliarous to read.

So....new thread. Great title btw.

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Hancock, Fujitora, Caesar. Vivi
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

Ohhh, a 5th thread. Glad I could make it.
    To the world of nothingness--Oh...it's Bleach's backgrounds.

I didn't care for this chapter at all. The chapter a few weeks ago featuring Isshin and Urahara being shady was much more interesting to me than the "action" of this chapter. I've heard people justify the lack of backgrounds in Bleach by saying that it is to draw focus to the characters, but I find that all that white distracts me from the characters. THIS is not good action. It just looks like splattered ink to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    I've heard people justify the lack of backgrounds in Bleach by saying that it is to draw focus to the characters, but I find that all that white distracts me from the characters. THIS is not good action. It just looks like splattered ink to me.
    That explanation is sadly what Kubo kind of used in his "the white space is air" explanation. But everyone around here knows that's bullshit.

Edit: And I'm too pissed that Ichigo hadn't discussed things with his dad like they had mentioned before Aizen's defeat to call that secretive Urahara/Isshin bullshit chapter better.

Write something, Dammit! Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

Y'know, when you compare One Piece to Bleach by Only Their Most Recent Volume Covers, it says a lot about each individual series before you even turn the first page. Seriously.

One Piece:

Bleach:

It speaks....well, Volumes.
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; April 20th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

I wonder if Kubo is shocked that people think Bleach is really deep, or if he thinks that too.

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/89889984/13

Where have I seen THAT before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.333 View Post
    Y'know, when you compare One Piece to Bleach by Only Their Most Recent Volume Covers, it says a lot about each individual series before you even turn the first page. Seriously.
    if anything, at least it further increases my respect and admiration of oda.

i wonder how much longer bleach will run for... surely this arc can only go so many places.
    Last edited by MDL; April 20th, 2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sweet, i got post 9999 in the previous thread! i can go to bed happy.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Why hello there loyal fans! Tite Kubo here, ready to answer your questions!

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Whee, a new thread! Ah~ I love the smell of..... nothingness.

About the new chapter...
    lolol great job Chad for keeping that secret so well.
    I'd rather see Aizen give long, pointless monologues while being strapped to a chair than this craptastic villain Tsukushima. At least Aizen is easy to make fun of, and really, what other reason would anyone have for reading bleach if not to laugh at its horribleness?
    Last edited by piratemarimo; April 20th, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Wow that OP cover is just AMAZING

Not only do I agree with this statement, but damn.....Volume 62 looks amazing!

As for Bleach's volume....eh.

edit: Q: Kubo-sensei, how do you feel that Toriko took over your series' spot in the Top 3 Shonen?

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Hancock, Fujitora, Caesar. Vivi
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

I've been looking over the first Bleach thread just now. May I offer some tidbits of what they had to say at the start of the first thread?

Magi: "It's so fantastic. By far the best new show of the season in my opinion"

Rasengan Zero: "Anyways, yes, my second favourite manga series (only second to 20th Century Boys). Good stuff.

e1n: "bleach is definitely my second fav, after one piece."

Himizujin_Eternia: "When watching Shonen Jump series, I somehow always end up watching the Anime first. Sometimes they take a while to hook me, however. Naruto took 8 episodes, and One Piece took 24.

Bleach is the only one since Rurouni Kenshin that hooked me after one episode."

Heh, it feels like looking up hieroglyphs of a civilization that doesn't know the world is about to be destroyed from under them.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I vow to usurp Cyan's throne as Mocker in Chief

I'll catch up to you one day!!

See Ichigo? That's what we call having a dream and not being a lump of a character

One Piece:

http://i.imgur.com/5wD6s.jpg

Bleach:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/bl...er_Mid_res.png

It speaks....well, Volumes.
    Y'know this has always bugged me, even when I considered Bleach good waaaaaay back when. Bleach's volumes have always been terrible.

First, white is the least striking color there is. If you're trying to sell your product in a store, you want the cover to jump out at the customer. You want the cover to be colorful. White is the very last color to do this.

Secondly, color choice aside, it's just lazy to have a random character striking a pose in plan white space. It's boring, not interesting, and again, does not entice the reader to buy it. One Piece, Toriko after the second volume, and even Naruto at least have covers that make you want to know what's inside.

Though it may not matter as much in it's home country where Jump is crazy popular and the volumes will still likely sell due to the ridiculous exposure it receives already.

Closed Thread

Thread Information