+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4434

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: The divorce will be hardest on Ichigo

Default Re: Felch Discussion 0 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)

Hercule Poirot's nutsack will NOT be mocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I'm not a very good judge of quality but I like YuYu, though it might be because I used to watch it on Adult Swim and it's sort of nostalgia-y.
    Well I like it for what it is. I also have some nostalgia for it and it does have legitimately good moments. However overall it's average at best and horrifyingly terrible at worst. The best the series got in my opinion was the beginning of the Chapter Black arc and the end of that arc was so attrocious it's no wonder most people consider YYH to be the spiritual (no pun intended) predecessor of Bleach.

Honestly despite writing an entire article on Applied Logic about how Bleach is ripping off Chapter Black and why Chapter Black's version is superior, I could do an entire rant on the entirety of the Chapter Black arc.

Yeah the DBZ-esque end to that arc was pretty bad. I never did watch the last arc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    Poirot is probably my favourite detecitve.

MY DETECTIVE LIST

1. Poirot

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tjtM17sIzt...culepoirot.jpg

2. Miss Marple

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...Marple-001.jpg

3. Hercule Poirot

4. Tie between Laura Holt
    (and her official alter ego, Remington Steele) and Hercule Poirot

http://www.webtvwire.com/wp-content/...ton-steele.jpg
    Fixed

And this thread has finaly stoped being horrible, mon ami.

"Hercule Poirot: Firstly, I am not a 'bloody little Frog!' I am a bloody little Belgian!"
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.

The only evil in this world is ignorance.

Since talking about YYH is better than talking about Bleach (talking about the sexual life of microscopic life forms is better than talking about Bleach) and since Fullbringer arc is shamelessly ripping off the Chapter Black (and Bleach's premise is ripping off the premise of YYH itself), I'll give my 5 cents.

The Chapter Black is awesome, the ending is truly DBZ-esque, but it's tolerable. What's not tolerable is the power level bullshit Togashi did during the last arc, where we see characters that themselves admitted are WEAK (that clown guy from the Dark Tournament) getting to power levels like 100 times stronger than Sensui, which means 100000 times Toguro's level. That's simply retarded, to say the least.

Also, the beggining of the series is kinda mediocre. But parts of the Dark Tournament were great (basicaly, anytime Toguro did something. Gore fans, rejoice!), the Chapter Black I liked a lot (although I missed more importance on the tape itself. . .it had like, non at all, and I was expecting to see it!), and the demon tournament arc was pretty stupid, we didn't even get to see any of it. The last chapters of the manga were great, though. That Mukuro/Hiei chapter was the most hardcore, content wise, thing I've seen in a long time. Not for kids, that's certain.

So, I don't see YYH as that terrible, or at least, not fluctuating that much between "pretty good" to "insanely bad". Bleach and Naruto fluctuate much more between their peaks and lows, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Since talking about YYH is better than talking about Bleach
    Excuse me sir, but the topic has already switched over to why Hercule Poirot is awesome.

Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Sadly, my hatred prohibits me from finding that funny

And I can tell it is too

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Excuse me sir, but the topic has already switched over to why Hercule Poirot is awesome.
    My bad.

Then I'll say this:

This guy here is more awesome than Poirot.

My bad.

Then I'll say this:

http://www.silenzio-in-sala.com/loca...dell-acqua.jpg

This guy here is more awesome than Poirot.

Poirot has style.

That guy has a bald head and a black shirt

And he can't even grow any decent facial hair !

:P

Salvo Montalbano is a man among men, while having more paladar than Poirot for food.

Oh, and women.

That is, of course, if Poirot is even interested in them. . .

Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar

Since talking about YYH is better than talking about Bleach (talking about the sexual life of microscopic life forms is better than talking about Bleach) and since Fullbringer arc is shamelessly ripping off the Chapter Black (and Bleach's premise is ripping off the premise of YYH itself), I'll give my 5 cents.

The Chapter Black is awesome, the ending is truly DBZ-esque, but it's tolerable. What's not tolerable is the power level bullshit Togashi did during the last arc, where we see characters that themselves admitted are WEAK (that clown guy from the Dark Tournament) getting to power levels like 100 times stronger than Sensui, which means 100000 times Toguro's level. That's simply retarded, to say the least.

Also, the beggining of the series is kinda mediocre. But parts of the Dark Tournament were great (basicaly, anytime Toguro did something. Gore fans, rejoice!), the Chapter Black I liked a lot (although I missed more importance on the tape itself. . .it had like, non at all, and I was expecting to see it!), and the demon tournament arc was pretty stupid, we didn't even get to see any of it. The last chapters of the manga were great, though. That Mukuro/Hiei chapter was the most hardcore, content wise, thing I've seen in a long time. Not for kids, that's certain.

So, I don't see YYH as that terrible, or at least, not fluctuating that much between "pretty good" to "insanely bad". Bleach and Naruto fluctuate much more between their peaks and lows, I think.
    Rock on kouch lee, rock on. I admit YYH isn't the best Shonen ever (It's certainly not HxH good) but I enjoy the series for what it is. I should probably get around to finishing off the series though so that I can fairly judge it, but I think that as far as it goes you can do far, far worse than Yu Yu Hakusho. Like the series we're discussing right now for example
    Edit: Btw I have no idea who Hercule Poirot is.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; June 27th, 2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Sorry
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

Salvo Montalbano is a man among men, while having more paladar than Poirot for food.

Oh, and women.

That is, of course, if Poirot is even interested in them. . .
    Women are so overwhelmed by Poirot's libido and manly moustache that they faint at the sight of him.

He has a restraining order for every woman on the planet, because he's just too manly.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Sadly, my hatred prohibits me from finding that funny

And I can tell it is too
    Lol, maybe you need something more violent to laugh at then...like this?

Spoiler:
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Lol, maybe you need something more violent to laugh at then...like this?

Nnnnnno.

The problem is I hate the very fact of Tsukishima's existence.

Ginjou has kinda stoped demonstrating the Aizen-brand smugness and master-planner BS (minus the end of the "training") he had going in the begining so at this point I just realy hate Tsukishima.

Also, kinda hope that he just beat down the other FB's instead of brainwashing them into his loyal subjects because......I'd find that even worse then what we had last chapter.

Montalbano is so manly that he has to swim 10 miles a day in order to expel a little of his manliness, or else he would explode from so many of it.

Doing that, a little of his manliness leaks into the ocean, where some other people can share a little tiny insignificant share of said man essence, and that is what keeps the balance between manly men and girly men in the whole of Italy. He's basicaly holding the metrosexual invasion by himself alone.

Poirot has the mustache and mustaches are manly.

Well this thread is going down the old path of the Naruto thread so let me just get my two cents in:

1. YYH is awesome even with it's weaker moments.
    2. All this talk of detectives and yet no one mentioned Columbo? Especially with Peter Falk dying this weekend...well OK, I prefer him as the old grandpa in "The Princess Bride" myself.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information