+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 5180

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Minkmen read manga

  1. #21

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    I almost expect Kubo to wear a crown at times, instead of those sunglasses, and proclaim himself king of manga.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Y'know this has always bugged me, even when I considered Bleach good waaaaaay back when. Bleach's volumes have always been terrible.

    First, white is the least striking color there is. If you're trying to sell your product in a store, you want the cover to jump out at the customer. You want the cover to be colorful. White is the very last color to do this.

    Secondly, color choice aside, it's just lazy to have a random character striking a pose in plan white space. It's boring, not interesting, and again, does not entice the reader to buy it. One Piece, Toriko after the second volume, and even Naruto at least have covers that make you want to know what's inside.

    Though it may not matter as much in it's home country where Jump is crazy popular and the volumes will still likely sell due to the ridiculous exposure it receives already.
    Durr. White is the color of The Heart.

    Or the air. I forget.

  3. #23
    Proud Translator of MHA Gliblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JET-setting in 上山、山形

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    I almost expect Kubo to wear a crown at times, instead of those sunglasses, and proclaim himself king of manga.
    Ah, so that's what his assistants are for.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    A: What is this "FMA" you speak of?
    You know, that series that does uncool things like have themes and character development.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Y'know this has always bugged me, even when I considered Bleach good waaaaaay back when. Bleach's volumes have always been terrible.

    First, white is the least striking color there is. If you're trying to sell your product in a store, you want the cover to jump out at the customer. You want the cover to be colorful. White is the very last color to do this.

    Secondly, color choice aside, it's just lazy to have a random character striking a pose in plan white space. It's boring, not interesting, and again, does not entice the reader to buy it. One Piece, Toriko after the second volume, and even Naruto at least have covers that make you want to know what's inside.

    Though it may not matter as much in it's home country where Jump is crazy popular and the volumes will still likely sell due to the ridiculous exposure it receives already.
    Usualy, the volumes are pretty bussy things and the Kanzenban go this route, of a character in a tranquil, or bland background. As they are done without rush and after the end, that character represents the most the spirit of that volume, and the artwork is suberb. Even the shaman King covers are beautiful.

    The volumes are created to stand out, the kanzenban are created to join in one work and be a beacon when they are together.

    Bleach well.. it's hard to be this bland.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  5. #25

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    It's terribly sad how much we liked early naruto and bleach.. I hope that Toriko and Beelzebub don't go that way.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  6. #26
    Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois Land

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It's terribly sad how much we liked early naruto and bleach.. I hope that Toriko and Beelzebub don't go that way.
    Same here. And add Bakuman to that list too. Bakuman's already been a bit shaky lately.
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Same here. And add Bakuman to that list too. Bakuman's already been a bit shaky lately.
    Bakuman has been.. on shaky ground recently.

    2 arcs with weak conclusions
    Lame main characters
    Strong women tosed to the side
    Hiramaru stealing the spotlight

    Those were the alerts that started to ring with Naruto and Bleach.

    I fear that Bakuman is already.. "Corrupted"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  8. #28
    Proud Translator of MHA Gliblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JET-setting in 上山、山形

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Glad I stopped reading Bakuman a while back then. Nakai disgusted me too much. I do love Hiramaru though.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Hey what happened to all the awesome Q&A posts

  9. #29

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    It's not bad yet, but if it was a boat, I'd say that it's floating kind of low right now.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

  10. #30
    3% Aru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Poland - Szczecin

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Ok, new chapter. So, if this guy can cut ANYTHING, why didn't he cut Ichigo's sword, when he was blocking his attack? Or when he attacked Ichigo, why didn't he just cut him all the way down?
    Also, I fucking hate Chad now. So, now the only guy left to fuck up by Kubo is Kenpachi, and he's not really THAT awesome, just some normal dirt in a pile of shit which is Felch....

  11. #31

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    now the only guy left to fuck up by Kubo is Kenpachi
    I pray that day never comes.
    Last edited by MetaMario; April 20th, 2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Seriously, he's the only saving grace for me.


  12. #32

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Not for nothing... but Kubo was REAL close to ruining Kenpachi with that whole 2 handed stance = KENDO = POWAH!!! thing.

    REALLY close.
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; April 20th, 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: 99.99% close even

  13. #33

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    Not for nothing... but Kubo was REAL close to ruining Kenpachi with that whole 2 handed stance = KENDO = POWAH!!! thing.
    I'm gonna have to agree, even if I didn't mind Kendo.


  14. #34

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Ideally, Kubo will just forget about Kenpachi so that he might retain what little appeal he has left and not be dragged any further into the nonsensical mess that is Bleach.


    a mood come alive.



  15. #35

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree, even if I didn't mind Kendo.
    Personally I didn't MIND it... but like you gotta admit, that was a LAME powerup for such an awesome sauce character.

    Imagine if Rock Lee one day was like... "OH imma use my legs to block too... HUR DUR POWERUP!"

    (be advised I'm well aware Rock Lee already has used his legs to block attacks... it's merely an example in how Kubo's kind of a retard when it comes to writing)
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; April 20th, 2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: We can only hope Dervish... we can only hope.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    Personally I didn't MIND it... but like you gotta admit, that was a LAME powerup for such an awesome sauce character.
    Exactly.

    Also, I agree with Dervish.


  17. #37
    Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Joliet, IL

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Terrible chapter. Not surprising that Ichigo's fullbring is spilled ink.

  18. #38
    Proud Translator of MHA Gliblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JET-setting in 上山、山形

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Characters I still like:

    Neliel
    Urahara
    Yoruichi
    Mayuri
    Gin

  19. #39

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    This manga arc is still pretty shitty, but it's better than most of the Arrancar arc IMO. At the very least things are moving a tad bit faster now, albeit all over the place. I'm really just waiting to see where the hell things are going in this arc...

    In my eyes, I am more interested in the latest anime filler arc, where it seems every single character will get some depth and the fights will be interesting. Not to mention Kon is actually a main part of the cast.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Felch Discussion 5 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 4?)

    Oh, gracious. And we're still going.
    "Trust him with me...I WANT TO WRONG JIGGLE."
    Crack Navigator for the Fandom Pirates






+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts