Closed Thread
Page 253 of 501 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 10003

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Hello Darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    This chapter was so perfectly Kubo, I almost felt like I drank Bleach myself.
    16 chars of exactly thIs.

„Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?“

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: Minkmen read manga

So I was just thinking about something, and to be fair I may just be jumping the gun since this arc isn't over yet, but does anyone else feel there was no reason to kill Unohana?

Kenpachi had to kill her to unlock his "full potential" or w/e but he's pretty much out of commission after beating Gremmy so what was the point? It's not like he was weak or anything, yeah he got jobbed by Bach but so did Yamamoto, wouldn't it have been better to have both of them fighting together? Especially since she's such a goddamn monster? Was there an explanation for all this that I just missed/forgot or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimon View Post
    So I was just thinking about something, and to be fair I may just be jumping the gun since this arc isn't over yet, but does anyone else feel there was no reason to kill Unohana?

Kenpachi had to kill her to unlock his "full potential" or w/e but he's pretty much out of commission after beating Gremmy so what was the point? It's not like he was weak or anything, yeah he got jobbed by Bach but so did Yamamoto, wouldn't it have been better to have both of them fighting together? Especially since she's such a goddamn monster? Was there an explanation for all this that I just missed/forgot or something?
    You're not wrong, but on the other hand I doubt that Kubo's thought that far ahead

I can't stress it enough. Yes, Unohana's death was pointless. Well, there was a point but it's Kubo-logical one, which means 'dumb as fuck and illogical'. If Kenpachi needed to kill her just to unlock mere shikai, I guess he would need to kill Soul King to unlock bankai.

Also, strong people don't work together in Bleach(or shonen in general). After all, you can't show off how strong they are unless they defeat enemy with their own hands.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Can we go back to Hollow Hunting?
    Kubo and monster of the week format? Can you even imagine how disasterous that would be?

^Don't you mean Aizen of the week.

^There are many weeks but there is only 1 Aizen.
    Everything's Eventual...

Implementing an Aizen of the week feature was all part of Aizen's plan.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

When did you start thinking Bleach wasn't in Aizen of the week format?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

We've had Aizen of the week format since before Bleach was first published.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

You know. I actually liked the name and reveal of Batch's power.
    It actually sounded cool, I'm referring to the title only...
    beware

It's so furstrating to know how random Kubo's approach to his plot is. For all we know, he might have intended for Aizen to become a serious threat again, only to change his mind and give him Orochimaru vs Itachi treatment, where poor Orochimaru barely even finishes a sentence before getting pawned again.

I'd love it if the plot was impossible to predict because Bleach was that good, but it's only impossible to predict because Kubo can't give two shits about the things he himself established earlier.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by bryannmaina View Post
    Bruce Almighty - God decides to teach a man who complains about him too much a lesson.

Evan Almighty - God makes a man build an ark to prove a point to the Congress. And save the environment! God also makes Evan's beard grow!

Yhwach Almighty - God gives him power, he decides to replace him. His beard isn't growing, but mustache is. Beard and mustache are the same word in Japanese anyway!

This is exactly the problem with a lot of the powers Kubo comes up with though.

All style and no substance.

Then when he does actually come up with one with some substance, he usually misuses it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    This is exactly the problem with a lot of the powers Kubo comes up with though.

All style and no substance.

Then when he does actually come up with one with some substance, he usually misuses it.
    Yeah, most of us have learnt not to expect great things in general when it comes to anything in Bleach.

I stopped reading it a chapter or so after Kurotsuchi unleashed his band of zombies. I thought that was just whack and didn't like where it was heading... Started reading the chapter when that unkillable Quincy was killed by the Zanpakuto blacksmith or whatever so I missed the infiltration of the god realm. Did anything interesting at a all happen in that gap?

Please don't tell me Hitsugaya was revived...
    beware

Yeah, most of us have learnt not to expect great things in general when it comes to anything in Bleach.

I stopped reading it a chapter or so after Kurotsuchi unleashed his band of zombies. I thought that was just whack and didn't like where it was heading... Started reading the chapter when that unkillable Quincy was killed by the Zanpakuto blacksmith or whatever so I missed the infiltration of the god realm. Did anything interesting at a all happen in that gap?

Man I literally forgot about that until I read it just now.

Read if you don't mind spoiling the pleasure of reading Bleach off the edge of your seat.

Spoiler:
    This arc has been all about jumps from unresolved events, especially this last day. Ok, Komamura beat up the bitch. Turned into a dog. What then? The bitch appeared again but it would have been better is he hadn't. Kenpachi sort of wins, where's Yachiru? Ichigo starts fighting, interrupted. Other captains start fighting, offpanel some Sternritter. Sternritter bicker among themselves, take eachother out, Mayuri zombies, unresolved. RG fight Elite 4, unresolved. Going once, going twice. It's a question if we'll even see a conclusion of Ichibei vs Yhwach or will the scene switch to something else again. Like, I don't know, Urahara's cousin coming to help with some shit, or Mayuri's step sister coming up with some poison that can help kill Yhwach...
    Last edited by Razh; December 15th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

You missed nothing of interest really, except for some more deliciously creepy Mayuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Bleh
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    more Bleh
    Thank you both. I was ready for disappointment.

But the good thing though is that Kubo can really surprise (well at least surprise me) with his art. I really like what he did with a few panels of Kanjuro (baldy- don't know his name)
    beware

With so many hanging plots in this arc, I'm thrilled to see how messy it's going to be in the end of the road

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

I always had the excuse to read bleach because of the art work and character designs were good even tho story is horrible. Now it's just getting unbearably confusing and sloppy. Jesus, it's always your so pathetic I'm so strong I can do x and you 'll be dead. Then x fails, and the opponent says well x can't handle my y so fuck you and die....next fight happens same result.....

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

He was revived as a zombie then Mayuri mindfucked him and the other captain zombies except the captain commander who was not made a zombie out of being zombies lol.

Closed Thread

Thread Information