Closed Thread
Page 254 of 501 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 10003

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Hello Darkness my old friend

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: Minkmen read manga

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    This is exactly the problem with a lot of the powers Kubo comes up with though.

All style and no substance.

Then when he does actually come up with one with some substance, he usually misuses it.
    And this was epitomized by the guy that literally had limitless imagination power...

He can imagine literally ANYTHING as his power..and yet he was an incredible bore. Pretty much a literary representation of Kubo?

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    And this was epitomized by the guy that literally had limitless imagination power...

He can imagine literally ANYTHING as his power..and yet he was an incredible bore. Pretty much a literary representation of Kubo?
    I can imagine anything...if it's limited to meteors.

Mwahahaha.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Gremmy's power was limited by his poor imagination, and his imagination was limited by his... container.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    With so many hanging plots in this arc, I'm thrilled to see how messy it's going to be in the end of the road
    He's probably going to ignore it. Given how he's been working so far I would argue he just don't care.

Good translation of last bleach chapter appeared in MangaHelpers: https://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/40791

So Ywach powers are even more overpowered! Basically he is a god in the fact that he is Omniscient(sees everything) and Omnipotent(has limitless power). He can see everything that will occur, and everything that he sees he knows, and nothing that he knows can defeat him. Conclusion: Noting, literally, nothing can defeat him!
    The interesting thing now will be to see how Ichigo will defeat him, given that nobody can defeat him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Good translation of last bleach chapter appeared in MangaHelpers: https://mangahelpers.com/t/badkarma/releases/40791

So Ywach powers are even more overpowered! Basically he is a god in the fact that he is Omniscient(sees everything) and Omnipotent(has limitless power). He can see everything that will occur, and everything that he sees he knows, and nothing that he knows can defeat him. Conclusion: Noting, literally, nothing can defeat him!
    The interesting thing now will be to see how Ichigo will defeat him, given that nobody can defeat him!
    Jesus. I don't think even Hao was this OP

Oh, and as for how Ichigo will defeat him, Ewok will just forget he can do all that and upgrade himself to some bizarre tentacle/hulk form.

Ywach's A stand for The Asspull not for The Almighty

But wait! Wasn't Ishida supposed to receive the exact same letter power as Yhwach? You know, the whole "successor" shit from before second invasion. Will it ever be relevant anymore?
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

Does Kubo knows no one likes this crap?
    It was this kind of bullshit that turned SK into a mess.
    Hell.
    Last edited by KageKageKing; December 16th, 2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo

/me scratches head

Huh, if he's almighty and all that. What in the world happened when he fought Yamamoto and ran out of time or something like that (whatever Aizen did)? What was up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Hell.
    There are people who love it. I don't understand them, but they're out there. Maybe I would have found it cool when I was 10 or so?

Hell.
    What is SK?
    Do you know the kids when they discuss characters and fights?
    Like:
    Kid A - "Character X has Infinite Power and Infinite Defense, so he is unbeatable"
    Kid B - "But mine, character Y, has an attack that is stronger than Infinite, so he destroys yours"
    Kid A - "But X has a trump card that is a mega super attack that nullifies Y attack"
    Kid B - "But Y has the power to now everything that will happen in the future so he counterattacks X"

Those kids love thinks like this. And older people that never went away from liking to see things in that way:
    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    /me scratches head

Huh, if he's almighty and all that. What in the world happened when he fought Yamamoto and ran out of time or something like that (whatever Aizen did)? What was up with that?
    I don't think Bleach fans nor Kubo remember that.
    Aizen made a temporal distortion kido or something of the genre when Ywack went to talk to him. The Omniscient, Ywack was totally caught by surprise and so had to retreat, because he ran out of time. I don't know what kind of time he ran out of, because it was never explained.
    Last edited by Bigivel; December 16th, 2014 at 08:24 PM.

What is SK?
    Shaman King, one of the few manga where
    Spoiler:
    the villain actually wins in the end

We need some Kenpachi wisdom.

Can't cut you? I'll use both hands to swing.

Tough skin? I'll stab you through the eye.

Can't be killed? I'll chop you into pieces.

It seems Kenpachi is just about the only character who can keep his mouth shut about his ability.

That or Kubo hasn't yet figured it out at that time. ( <-- more likely)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    We need some Kenpachi wisdom.

Can't cut you? I'll use both hands to swing.

Tough skin? I'll stab you through the eye.

Can't be killed? I'll chop you into pieces.

It seems Kenpachi is just about the only character who can keep his mouth shut about his ability.

That or Kubo hasn't yet figured it out at that time. ( <-- more likely)
    Don't you remember? His ability is to "match the strength of whoever he fights" which I guess now also includes just being really really really really stronger than everyone in general

Basically he's got the same ability as Bach, so really the two of them should be the ones clashing.

Of course, Ichigo probably will have that as well because of his being the Captain Planet analog of the Bleach universe.

There's that, but his Zanpakuto is still in the unkonwn. If it's on purpose or Kubo couldn't think of what his Shikai should allow him to do is a mystery. Or, depending how you look at it, not.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Well, he seems to be constantly growing older so it's at least possible his time is limited. He does need to absorb souls constantly so he doesn't turn into a sensless plant.

So I gather taking Soul King's place is his only chance of survival or something. That would have been a nice motive for the arc if everything else wasn't so fucked up.
    Last edited by Razh; December 17th, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

It's obvious guys. Mr. asspull number 1 is gonna be beaten by mr. asspull number 2, cause ishida is only there for revenga!

Hell.
    To be fair, what turned SK into a mess was the introduction of resurrections used without restraint and the last arc being composed of simply fights after fights with no plot behind. Hao's overwhelming power that made him an unbeatable villain (and the fact everyone knew this since the start) was actually one of the most interesting and unique things in SK.

Despite the last arc, I actually enjoyed SK, last arc included.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    . Hao's overwhelming power that made him an unbeatable villain (and the fact everyone knew this since the start) was actually one of the most interesting and unique things in SK.
    Unique, yes.
    Interesting, no.

Closed Thread

Thread Information