Closed Thread
Page 311 of 501 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 10003

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Hello Darkness my old friend

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: Title Space for Rent for Any Other Series

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekillua View Post
    I think were still in the beginning of "FKT" of this arc , the elite sternritters with hashwalth are like espada 1-5 , so we still have those fights ,, all the previous sternritter fights are like espada 6 and below ...
    I don't know, I feel the others are going to be steamrolled through for the most part. Ishida v Ichigo will take some time I guess, and Haschwalt might take some time. Beyond that, I feel the others will go through quickly. Unlike some series, I would love it to be that way, unless Kubo gave them very interesting powers to make cool fights. I don't see Askins fight being actually interesting.

Doubt anyone besides Mayuri has a chance against Askin. Not without free blood changer around, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post

I cant express how dissapointed I was with Hirako Shinji performance..

First Kubo takes him out in super cheap way making us think he is almost dead, then we get to see a glimpse of his fight with Bazz B and its 99% offscreened..

I mean like Holy Shit(I gotten affected by Green vs Red post).
    It's Kubo's modus operandi sometimes he aspulls and gives us something, sometimes he asspulls and gives us nothing.......and generally both are bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/14

Was that thing/ power ever explained?

It does not look like death dealing is limited in one way or maybe I dont have idea what is his power at all even after one of his fights..

Also now I remembered that Urysomething now will have also same power as JB?

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/17

He already has four eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/14

Was that thing/ power ever explained?

It does not look like death dealing is limited in one way or maybe I dont have idea what is his power at all even after one of his fights..
    Nope, no explanation on that. I doubt that even had anything to do with his Letter power. Maybe it's just a portal, akin to Hollow's Garganta.
    Last edited by Domingo; March 18th, 2015 at 04:31 AM.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

He has to babysit Ichigo while he is on duty.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

How to write a compelling shonen rivalry! By Kubo Tite

- Introduce antagonistic Rival to main character! To underline their duality, have Rivals fighting style be opposite of the Heros, and invert their uniforms color! Have Rival belong to a faction with diametrically opposed beliefs to Hero, though they share common endgoals! Give Rival a chip on his shoulder due to wrongs made upon his kind by Heros faction!

- Have MC and rival intially team up as allies; you need to give them a connection, so the readers feel something if Rival becomes an enemy!

- Send Hero and Rival on an epic quest to save a common friend! The enemy can be the Heros faction, which will cause Hero to have a lot of introspection about his side not being undisputedly in the right and then this guy who was supposed to be dead is not dead and slicks his hair back and planned everything bad ever

- Rival fights a giant Caterpillar Baby monster controlled by a hamfisted manifestation of everything bad done to Rivals people. This causes Rivals relationship to the hero and his faction to

- Rival and Heros bond is now very strong!

- Launch epic Mega-Arc where the Hero’s faction faces off against a white-clad, unforeseen army of their age-old, literal opposites, bent on destroying the Heros kind as well as God and reality itself! The hero, shockingly a dual product of both sides, must tap into both sides of his power to face the nigh- omnipotent enemy, who has been manipulating him all along!!!

- What? What about the Rival? Don't be daft, he has nothing to do with this

- Eh, I guess the rival can tag along again and fight some low level enemy soldiers

- "Have serious exploration of the rivals unique relationship with the enemy forces compared to the hero?" What are you babbling about? The rival can get fodderized and spend the majority of the arc offscreen and inconsequential, thats what he can do.

- Keep interactions between Hero and Rival to a minimum

- Scratch that, keep scenes with Rival to a minimum

- Rival and Heros bond is now very strong! Rival still appears to be a totally legit main character, and definitely not totally underused at mistreated!

- Start new arc; Have Rival get taken out like a chump, in order to justify the Hero joining extremely untrustworthy people in order to protect his friends

- Keep interactions between Hero and Rival to a minimum. Keep rival ofscreen and incapacitated most the arc, despite being the causal factor for everything, and ESPECIALLY because he can instantly expose the villain plot twist (Villain plot twists are SACRED! It is known!)

- Have rival show up at the end at the Heros lowest point!

- Have Rival be totally inconsequential. This may sound weird to you, but trust me, I’m a professional, I know where this is going.

- Arc ends! New Arc! Due to that time back then, on the roof or whatever, Hero and Rivals are the bestest of friends and its so great you guys because youd think they’d be enemies!

- Have other character awkwardly remind readers that Hero and Rivals are the bestest of friends and its so great you guys because youd think they’d be enemies!

- Launch epic Mega-Arc where the Hero’s faction faces off against a white-clad, unforeseen army of their age-old, literal opposites, bent on destroying the Heros kind as well as God and reality itself! The hero, shockingly a dual product of both sides, must tap into both sides of his power to face the nigh- omnipotent enemy, who has been manipulating him all along!!!

- AND THE RIVAL JOINS THE ENEMY!

- This is it, the big one! To really hammer home the conflict between hero and Rival, make sure to adhere to the Golden Rules:
    o RIVALS LINES MUST BE KEPT TO THE BARE MINIMUM. Keeps him mysterious.
    o RIVALS PANELTIME MUST BE KEPT TO THE BARE MINIMUM. Makes him even more mysterious.
    o RIVALS EMOTIONS MUST BE KEPT TO THE BARE MINIMUM. Mysteries are exciting! I like mysteries. Oooh, I wonder what is he thinking?
    o RIVALS MUST NEVER EVER EVER CLARIFY GOALS OR MOTIVES UNTIL THE ABSOLUTE LATEST POSSIBLE MOMENT!!!!! MAX MYSTERY

- Finally, do that thing where the Hero and Rival come face to face on the battlefield, and the Hero shouts the Rivals name real loud, only the Rival doesn’t care and turns and leaves, and the Hero must chase after him

- Oh, oh oh, and then Stromboli and the villain fight, and theres a giant brush, and a shitload of black ink, and something about eyeballs, I feel like eyeballs are really good for a villain, and his beard should get bigger!!!

- Oh right, the rivalry. Well, then the hero catches up to the rival, and finally , you do the thing where the Hero and Rival come face to face on the battlefield, and the Hero shouts the Rivals name real loud, only the Rival doesn’t care! That works every time!!

This has been manga-ing with Kubo Tite
    Last edited by Daz; March 19th, 2015 at 05:29 AM.

Holy mother of white backgrounds and black ink, you were holding a lot inside.

And, as usual, it's awesome. I agree with everything you've said, can't add or take anything.

The most hilarious part was:

Rival fights a giant Caterpillar Baby monster by a hamfisted manifestation of everything bad done to Rivals people. This causes Rivals relationship to the hero and his faction to

SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    - Introduce antagonistic Rival to main character! To underline their duality, have Rivals fighting style be opposite of the Heros, and invert their uniforms color! Have Rival belong to a faction with diametrically opposed beliefs to Hero, though they share common endgoals! Give Rval a chip on his shoulder due to wrongs made upon his kind by Heros faction!

- Have MC and rival intially team up as allies; you need to give them a connection, so the readers feel something if Rival becomes an enemy!

- Send Hero and Rival on an epic quest to save a common friend! The enemy can be the Heros faction, which will cause Hero to have a lot of introspection about his side not being undisputedly in the right and then this guy who was supposed to be dead is not dead and slicks his hair back and planned everything bad ever

- Rival fights a giant Caterpillar Baby monster by a hamfisted manifestation of everything bad done to Rivals people. This causes Rivals relationship to the hero and his faction to

- Launch epic Mega-Arc where the Hero’s faction faces off against a white-clad, unforeseen army of their age-old, literal opposites, bent on destroying the Heros kind as well as God and reality itself! The hero shockingly a dual product of both sides, and must tap into both sides of his power to face the nigh- omnipotent enemy, who has been manipulating him all along!!!

- Eh, I guess the rival can tag along again and fight some low level enemy soldiers

- "Have serious exploration the rivals unique relationship with the enemy forces compared to the hero?" What are you babbling about? The rival can get fodderized and spend the majority of the arc offscreen and
    inconsequential, thats what he can do.

- Rival and Heros bond is now very strong! Rival still appears to be a totally legit main character, and definitely not totally underused at mistreated!

- Start new arc; Have Rival get taken out like a chump, in order to justify the Hero joining extremely untrustworthy people in order to protect his friends

- Keep interactions between Hero and Rival to a minimum -Keep rival ofscreen and incapacitated most the arc, despite being the causal factor for everything, and ESPECIALLY because he can instantly expose the villain plot twist (Villain plot twists are SACRED! It is known!)

- Have Rival be totally inconsequential. This may sound weird to you, but trust me, I’m a professional, I know where this is going.

- Arc ends! New Arc! Due to that time back then, on the roof or whatever, Hero and Rivals are the bestest of friends and its so great you guys because youd think they’d be enemies!

- Have other character awkwardly remind readers that Hero and Rivals are the bestest of friends and its so great you guys because youd think they’d be enemies!

- Launch epic Mega-Arc where the Hero’s faction faces off against a white-clad, unforeseen army of their age-old, literal opposites, bent on destroying the Heros kind as well as God and reality itself! The hero shockingly a dual product of both sides, and must tap into both sides of his power to face the nigh- omnipotent enemy, who has been manipulating him all along!!!

- This is it, the big one! To really hammer home the conflict between hero and Rival, make sure to adhere to the Golden Rules:
    o RIVALS PANELTIME MUST BE KEPT TO THE BARE MINIMUM. Makes him even more mysterious.
    o RIVALS EMOTIONS MUST BE KEPT TO THE BARE MINIMUM. Mysteries are exciting! I like mysteries. Oooh, I wonder what is he thinking?
    o RIVALS MUST NEVER EVER EVER CLARIFY GOALS OR MOTIVES UNTIL THE ABSOLUTE LATEST POSSIBLE MOMENT!!!!! MAX MYSTERY

- Finally, do that thing where the Hero and Rival come face to face on the battlefield, and the Hero shouts the Rivals name real loud, only the Rival doesn’t care and turns and leaves, and the Hero must chase after him

- Oh, oh oh, and then Stromboli and the villain fight, and theres a giant brush, and a shitload of black ink, and something about eyeballs, I feel like eyeballs are really good for a villain, and his beard should get bigger!!!

- Oh right, the rivalry. Well, then the hero catches up to the rival, and finally , you do the thing where the Hero and Rival come face to face on the battlefield, and the Hero shouts the Rivals name real loud, only the Rival doesn’t care! That works every time!!

AnD I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY

I LOVE MY LIFE

I swear, having context for Daz's snark alone makes reading Bleach worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    How to write a compelling shonen rivalry! By Kubo Tite

- Introduce antagonistic Rival to main character! To underline their duality, have Rivals fighting style be opposite of the Heros, and invert their uniforms color! Have Rival belong to a faction with diametrically opposed beliefs to Hero, though they share common endgoals! Give Rval a chip on his shoulder due to wrongs made upon his kind by Heros faction!

- Rival fights a giant Caterpillar Baby monster by a hamfisted manifestation of everything bad done to Rivals people. This causes Rivals relationship to the hero and his faction to

- "Have serious exploration the rivals unique relationship with the enemy forces compared to the hero?" What are you babbling about? The rival can get fodderized and spend the majority of the arc offscreen and
    inconsequential, thats what he can do.

- Keep interactions between Hero and Rival to a minimum -Keep rival ofscreen and incapacitated most the arc, despite being the causal factor for everything, and ESPECIALLY because he can instantly expose the villain plot twist (Villain plot twists are SACRED! It is known!)

Ah, satire beats the typical rant anyday~

Wait but I like the rants too

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Meh, I can't be even mad at him.

Poor man has some measure of creative talent, and clearly no idea what to do with it, or how to properly manage it.

Hey, you all are going to hurt Kubo's feelings again! You all know how mad he gets wh- Oh-no! Here he comes now!

"Those without talent and who make no efforts, yet still complain about what they get and can only drag down those who do make efforts -- they ought to just close their eyes, stick themselves in some corner, and open their mouths and eat only rain and dust and just barely survive."

-Tite Kubo

Everything's Eventual...

You're my favorite person Daz. This post was the bees knees.

Beautiful, i want Bleach to keep on going just to see more of Daz.

It's worth mentioning how apparently there was "THE RIVALRY!!!!!" also between Stromboli (i laugh everytime i read it for some reason) and our Mary Sue villain. Could that lead somewhere since the former magically resurrected while still being in the afterlife????

I lolled hard. Best part is Ishida was really only a rival for the initial arc he was introduced, and arguably the Soul Society arc. After that, they were more or less friends.

With Daz post in mind, I can't wait to see a certain someone from a certain forum go on a thesis rant about how the Ichigo/Ishida thing is deep and complex.

So with new chapter coming out soon, I wonder how much of the chapter will be Ichigo and Ishida talking with nonsense philosophy being thrown around to convince that they are deep.

Here's Volume 67's cover:

Spoiler:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Here's Volume 67's cover:

And there's your nightmare fuel for the week, folks

Closed Thread

Thread Information