Closed Thread
Page 330 of 501 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 10003

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: Hello Darkness my old friend

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: Nothing Happened This Week! (For Real!)

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think it would have been nauseating for him to think how to upgrade such a dead end ability without making it completely broken.
    Broken ability means nothing in Bleach as the character can always be worfed by any means possible when the plot demands it.
    "Where in this frail body do I find the strength to stand up?"

His Bankai will be a massive scythe. Something like this:
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    Broken ability means nothing in Bleach as the character can always be worfed by any means possible when the plot demands it.
    Sure, but that just means Kubo has to think even harder. Creating situation in which Kira feels so safe that he reveals an exploitable information about his ability and the way the enemy counters it. Or a new enemy with new ability which counters Kira's Bankai perfectly.

All that would make little sense for a character with dubious popularity.

But yeah, he just might be saving him in case he writes himself into a corner and requires something Kira's ability could fix to get out of it. "Surprise, I was secretly being healed in Mayuri's lab or something."
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Default Re: Bleach Discussion 0: Get On With It!

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    I don't even remember the last time Kubo had a personal break (one that didn't coincide with a WSJ break). As much shit as I give the series (and him), he should get a break every once in a while. First time I can remember that One Piece and Bleach were on a personal break at the same time.
    Didn't he take like 2 four week breaks for "research" during this "last" arc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    One of them was in 2013, was the other before starting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Last one I remember was the 4 week break after Bach had his things about how long it took to revive, gain his power back, how long to take over Soul Society thing. AKA, right before the second invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    One of them was in 2013, was the other before starting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Last one I remember was the 4 week break after Bach had his things about how long it took to revive, gain his power back, how long to take over Soul Society thing. AKA, right before the second invasion.
    http://dailyanimeart.com/2013/07/18/...before-finale/

And yes there was one before the invasion or something .

The reason for this he mentions is that before the last battles and finale, he wants to approach the final battle fully charged to give the final battles his absolute all. He tells all fans to prepares themselves for the final arc, “Thousand Year Blood War” to end with a big bang during the finale.

Oh dear...
    16 chars of Kubo's all fired up.

Sure, but that just means Kubo has to think even harder. Creating situation in which Kira feels so safe that he reveals an exploitable information about his ability and the way the enemy counters it. Or a new enemy with new ability which counters Kira's Bankai perfectly.

All that would make little sense for a character with dubious popularity.
    Wiki says that he actually ranked the 9th in character popularity poll, while his zanpakto was 4th most favorited. Not sure about now though. Then I remembered that Kubo has this habit of giving his character a power relative to their relevance to the story.

All things considered, it's only even unlikely for Kira to ever get a decent one other than bigger weapon to swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    Wiki says that he actually ranked the 9th in character popularity poll, while his zanpakto was 4th most favorited. Not sure about now though. Then I remembered that Kubo has this habit of giving his character a power relative to their relevance to the story.

All things considered, it's only even unlikely for Kira to ever get a decent one other than bigger weapon to swing.
    Well, that was during the Winter War, but since there were no polls taken since, we can only guess.

Don't really get why he got rid of him. It was nice to have a lieutenant who doesn't fuck around and has a unique perspective about fighting. Perhaps it was just for shock value and Kubo decided he could afford to cut Kira down. Still, there are other lieutenants who aren't nearly as interesting. And then his death isn't even addressed. But this is the arc of loose ends.

I wish he had taken more time with the growth of younger Shinigami. It would have been an interesting angle. Other Shounen authors don't have a problem with thinking of ways how a character can overcome stronger opponents with team work and creative use of his skillset and environment. For Kubo, that's just a drag and you get these turn based fights. When I try to think what Togashi, for example, could do with all those abilities and all those fighters fighting for survival in a demolished SS, I get sad. Here, instead of keeping their abilities a secret to gain an edge, most of the characters just happily explain what it's all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Well, that was during the Winter War, but since there were no polls taken since, we can only guess.

Don't really get why he got rid of him. It was nice to have a lieutenant who doesn't fuck around and has a unique perspective about fighting. Perhaps it was just for shock value and Kubo decided he could afford to cut Kira down. Still, there are other lieutenants who aren't nearly as interesting. And then his death isn't even addressed. But this is the arc of loose ends.
    For a shock value, it was half-assed. He even had nerve to make Byakuya survive after all cruel beatdown and dramatic last moments of him. Kira in the other hand, simply ceased to exist.

I wish he had taken more time with the growth of younger Shinigami. It would have been an interesting angle. Other Shounen authors don't have a problem with thinking of ways how a character can overcome stronger opponents with team work and creative use of his skillset and environment. For Kubo, that's just a drag and you get these turn based fights. When I try to think what Togashi, for example, could do with all those abilities and all those fighters fighting for survival in a demolished SS, I get sad. Here, instead of keeping their abilities a secret to gain an edge, most of the characters just happily explain what it's all about.
    The only character I remember using strategy was Uryuu back in HM before getting jobbed hard by Szayel. There's Ganjuu way before that and he's not even strong. I'll never count Urahara and Mayuri on that department though, as they're just walking plot devices.

With so little stuffs happening on each page, I think having the characters analyze each other in inner monologues would only drag it even longer than necessary. It's already too late for such drastic change by now. It won't feel "Bleach" when the characters can't even explain whet their abilities do.

-Yoruichi booty
    -Ichigo actually showing some semblance of a personality

You know by Bleach standards this chapter wasn't so bad. Oh, and another jobber showed up

Oh, its him.
    Yay.

This was... surprisingly good. Any chapter where Kubo decides to focus on the living world team currently not engaged in a fight tend to be decent. And Orihime is doing stuff!

And he's back! Finally! But since there were five gates, I'm guessing there'll be at least four more? Why not, they're much more entertaining than the Quincy, at least.

Oh for fuck's sake, do we have to bring every single person back? We still have the return of the two Xcution guys to "look forward" to as well.

I actually do like Grimmjow, and this was a pretty decent chapter. Just annoyed by everything Kubo about it.

LOL. I was reading this chapter page after page going "okay...filler...filler...more filler....what the fuck is this....WTF GRIMMJOW?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake, do we have to bring every single person back? We still have the return of the two Xcution guys to "look forward" to as well.

I actually do like Grimmjow, and this was a pretty decent chapter. Just annoyed by everything Kubo about it.
    To be fair, Grimmjow was hinted at like two years ago. When the stern Ritter were threatening and Byakuya was dead.

I actually quite enjoyed the first invasion really. The second... not so much.
    "Don't speak ill of Zoro."

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    To be fair, Grimmjow was hinted at like two years ago. When the stern Ritter were threatening and Byakuya was dead.

I actually quite enjoyed the first invasion really. The second... not so much.
    Just because it's foreshadowed doesn't mean it's good.

I'm with you, though. The first invasion was exciting and chaotic and had momentum. This second one has been a never-ending mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten The Wizard View Post
    LOL. I was reading this chapter page after page going "okay...filler...filler...more filler....what the fuck is this....WTF GRIMMJOW?!"
    In case you forgot, He was the guy who beat the J guy in Hueco Mundo.
    So its not that surprising.

What was the point of rubbing off how awesome NaNaNa's power is anyway, other than to hype Aizen's invulnerability even at minimal reiatsu.

Oh hey, it's Grimmjaw. What a surprise.

Closed Thread

Thread Information