+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 223 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 4441

Thread: Bleach Discussion 0: The divorce will be hardest on Ichigo

Default Re: Felch Discussion 0 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Eh, I thought it was pretty cute.

Now watch the next anime OP have them dressed like that.

As for the constant colorspreads, Bleach gets them more than other series for two reasons- one is the overall popularity of the series, and the more important reason is that Kubo draws fast as FUCK and can just crank out one or two of these on demand without any problem, whereas lots of other mangaka in Jump have serious trouble fitting these in along with their chapter deadlines.
    he draws fast as fuck because of how much he skimps on the details. Just draw a few lines, throw in a bunch of ink and voila he's done. Even so there have been a lot more Bleach color spreads than usual which is clearly due to his panic of being near the bottom in the first time in years.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuOLuffy View Post
    If Kubo wants to crank up Bleach's popularity by color spreads, he should've made one with girls in onsen or something like that. Not this... thing.
    You mean this?
    Spoiler:

No that's pretty terrible. This on the other hand is pretty awesome.
    Spoiler:
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

This is from Wikipedia:
    Reception

IGN commented that the plot twist in the story and the truth about Aizen was "fascinating and interesting" but also criticized it, saying his Zanpakuto's power was "far-fetched"[7] and overpowered, Aizen didn't have any flaws and that his betrayal was "too planned out to be believable." Despite this, the change in mood accompanying Aizen's revelation as a villain was also praised; IGN praised the animators' job at "giving his face this evil thing about it" without changing anything about the animation itself, citing that "the Aizen that we first knew was the nicest guy ever, he looked it, and now this Aizen actually looks like the most evil jerk we've ever seen."[8] Carl Kimlinger from Anime News Network comments that Aizen's revelation as an antagonist is "brutally unpredictable." He notes the violence from that part to be frustrating but in the same time satisfying, praising the large number of revelations. Aizen was additionally noted to have a remarkable development in his introduction as a villain with Kimlinger wondering "If only all villain grandstandings were so thrilling".[9] Theron Martin from the same site noted that this scene makes the anime deserve credits for "the biggest “I am a total bastard” moments in anime history."[10] Mania Entertainment's Bryce Coulter noted that such episode "makes you [viewers] want to hate Aizen" due to how he controlled the character's actions in previous episodes and how he now easily defeats most of them.[11] Aizen's English voice actor, Kyle Hebert, describes Aizen as a "mysterious, calm, cool character" and that gives an air of "where does this guy come from?".[12]
    Never before have I wanted to troll a wiki page out of pure rage.
    EDIT: Wait wait wait wait. Ichigo got beat up, and yet it's so bad we aren't able to fully enjoy it? Kubo, Kishimoto shits on you. At least we got some jollies out of Naruto getting pummeled by a Cloud Nin!

Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar

In all fairness Aizen was pretty cool when we first saw him as a villain. At least I thought so when I first read it (although admittedly that was a long time ago). It wasn't until somewhere in Fake Karakura Town that he got ridiculous. What is worth talking about is how they say "Aizen's twist was SO unexpected, Kubo is a twist MASTER". You do know the reason it was so unexpected is probably because it wasn't planned. Kubo himself admits it. So no wonder you didn't see it coming.
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

I shat my pants at Aizen's twist when I was a derp. Bleach (the anime) was my first foray into the popular current stuff coming out of le old Japan (well, besides stuff like 4Kids OP and YGO).

Kareem is correct, it was during Fake Karakura we wised up, and up until that point Aizen was still a character we could take fairly seriously (even though I was making crackfic lampooning him well before that point, because--it's so damn easy, lol). Then with the absolutely retarded hougyoku reveal he became a total joke, and it was only exacerbated by his new forms.

In any case, I don't blame those critics for liking Aizen--he used to be a cool villain before he was a laughingstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Dark View Post
    This is from Wikipedia:
    Never before have I wanted to troll a wiki page out of pure rage.
    EDIT: Wait wait wait wait. Ichigo got beat up, and yet it's so bad we aren't able to fully enjoy it? Kubo, Kishimoto shits on you. At least we got some jollies out of Naruto getting pummeled by a Cloud Nin!
    I don't see a problem with the reveal that Aizen was the badguy.

I have a problem with everything that follows (how Kubo handled it from then on out).
    Everything's Eventual...

Resident waitress of AP Captain Ugly's Avatar

Facts that I hated in this Chapter.

WHOLE Zenai's monologue: He looked desperated / fake / boring and predictable.

"Betrayal of Yukio" Suddenly, he is a friend of Zenai ?

Factor that I liked in this Chapter.

End of the "Leprous Powers Parade "

Stupid Chapter ? YES
    At lest next week, Kubo will speed the plot (each person has a speed of storytelling).
    <3 From October to November, I will be the AP forums waitress.
    I will serve anyone who asks me and I promise I will do it in the "kawaiist" way possible.<3

Donīt harass me, or I will call the AP Forums police.

How can it be that when the mommy is killed by hollow it made the already born child become fullbringer?
    Is the mommy soul transfered to the child?
    Maybe this will be answered in the next data book

Well okay, I overreacted somewhat, as his reveal wasn't all that bad. I guess what got me so 'RARGH!' was the fact that that's all the wiki article has to say about his reception. What, were there absolutely no 'official' criticism after he became such a huge troll?
    One thing that bugged me: Is there a reason we never saw the death of Ichigo's mom? I don't even remember if they found her body or not.

Even to this day, I still can go back and say I liked Aizen's first reveal and how he screwed with Hinamori (which unfortunately ruined her character) and got Hitsugaya fighting everyone else for him. And I even liked his first "fight" with Ichigo and his leaving for Hueco Mundo.

It was after that he slowly but surely became a joke. Even in Fake Karakura he had some badass moments, albeit they make no sense. Again "switching" Hinamori and using the distraction to slash all the captains at once. As cool as it LOOKED, it still made no fucking sense. Then right after that is where he goes stupid and in his final scene he whines like a bitch when Urahara seals him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamike Kawazoe View Post
    Heres a anime that has swords AND guns and is way better than this crap. This show is even brand new with 8 episodes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdxGp...eature=related
    This show OWNS bleach in the face.
    "Uploader has not made this video availible in your country"

Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    In all fairness Aizen was pretty cool when we first saw him as a villain. At least I thought so when I first read it (although admittedly that was a long time ago). It wasn't until somewhere in Fake Karakura Town that he got ridiculous. What is worth talking about is how they say "Aizen's twist was SO unexpected, Kubo is a twist MASTER". You do know the reason it was so unexpected is probably because it wasn't planned. Kubo himself admits it. So no wonder you didn't see it coming.
    Not "probably". He admited in an interview that yes, he had no idea who the killer was when he "killed" him off and then did this on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by starwan View Post
    How can it be that when the mommy is killed by hollow it made the already born child become fullbringer?
    Is the mommy soul transfered to the child?
    Maybe this will be answered in the next data book
    They said "attacked", not killed and the scan just mentioned "parents".

from Bleach Character Book 3 - Unmasked:

Each Hollow has a hole in a different location,
    most of the Espada have it in the chest.
    The presence of a pierced hole is one of the features of a Hollow.
    The hole represents a hard to fill vacancy in the soul,
    in each Hollow a different location.
    but why? isn't that Espada is a Menos that was combination of hundreds of hollow?

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

So Harribel had a vacancy in her soul's vagina?

No, she's just hard to fill.

Harribel you could at least make up some motherhood bullshit since its her womb. I don't even want to think of what that would imply for szayel whose hole is on his penis

Szayel was clearly compensating for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    This=YES! I personally really thought it was exciting and awesome to see Aizen turn out to be the bad guy even though Kubo pulled it out of nowhere but in this case it actually worked out to his benefit because it actually ended up being a pretty awesome plot twist. But then as you said he screwed the whole thing over by making Aizen into.... well you know. As bad as Fake Karakura Town was and as much of a joke Aizen became we can't ever forget the awesomeness that was his reveal in the Soul Society arc.

My God will you shut up already.

Its uploaded by Funimation so maybe that's why. Here's another link but the subs aren't very good so keep that in mind. http://www.animeatom.com/watch-strea...mmo-episode-8/

Darkest Timeline Prevented Kareem Said's Avatar

Nah we can easily forget. I've decided that Aizen's twist was BS. It's just that it caught you off guard because of how unplanned it was and Aizen's blandness at the time was mistaken for mysteriousness and so I can understand why someone would think he was cool at first but really he just went from shallow to hilariously bad over the course of the series. To reiterate, Aizen was always a shallow villain he just seemed like he had potential in the beginning if Kubo would flesh him out and give him *some* kind of limitation but he never did. So Aizen is a terrible villain he just caught you off guard with his shallow coolness in the beginning before he became ridiculous.
    Proud member of the Beelzebub and Negima are awesome crews.
    Toonami is back. All is right again.
    Say it with me now: New shows, same Toonami.

Actually if Aizen was revealed right then it would have been better, but going back and reading it does seemed forced and out of nowhere, and it just gets worse from there.

It's like if Ace came back after the timeskip because of Marco's Phoenix powers or some dumb shit like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information