Another Tournament, another Rules Thread. Here we go.
Rule The First: No Character Bashing.
Those of you who have been around for a while should know that by now. There's a fine line between criticizing a character and bashing them, don't cross it.
Rule The Second: No Vote Buying.
Offering physical property or cash for votes is strictly prohibited and will result in a ban from the Tournament for that person as well as anybody who profits from such a transaction.
Rule The Third: No Cheating.
Use of a duplicate account to increase votes for one contestant is strictly prohibited.
Rules 2 and 3, Section 1.
Any poll where the result has been judged to have been altered by such means will be invalidated and the member(s) in question being banned from the Tournament. The method of correcting such a result will be decided by the Event Staff as the situation warrants.
Rule the Fourth: PG-13 Rating.
Some people do access this forum from work, so keep that in mind when posting images or video clips. If you have a doubt as to whether something is NSFW, then it probably shouldn't be posted in the first place.
Rule the Fifth: All Votes Are Final.
We're not going to change the numbers because you were so busy selecting an option and clicking the vote button that you didn't know who you were voting for. Be sure to read the names before you cast your vote. If you do not kow who to vote for, see what the other members have to say or even just flip a coin.
Rule the Sixth: Leave It At The Door.
If you have issues with another poster, then we don't want to hear about them here. Nor do we want to hear about something that is unrelated to the current Match or Round. Off-topic nonsense is strictly prohibited while on-topic nonsense is greatly encouraged.
Rule the Seventh: Banned Campaigns.
The following campaigns and means of campaigning have been judged to be stupid and are prohibited:
1. Boob Campaigns.
2. Thinly veiled references to Boob Campaigns.
3. Massive images that are not hidden behind spoiler tags.
4. Any usage of or variation on the phrase "Haters gonna hate."
5. Campaigns that refer to an argument from another part of the Forum.
6. Use of e1n's emo Ace image. The joke is dead and so is Ace.
7. Spamming images and video clips. If there's an image that you like in the thread, then reply to the post in question with a favorable comment; same for video clips. Muliple posts consisting of nothing but the same image or walls of images that are not hidden behind spoiler tags and posts with excessive numbers of video clips will be deleted from now on. If there are several videos that you feel are relevant, then break them up in several posts over several pages. If the thread is long enough that the image/clip is a few pages back, then feel free to put it back up there again.
Rule 7, Section 1.
Unsurprisingly, use of banned campaigns will result in the member using them being banned.
Rule 7, Section 2.
Banned campaigns are subject to revision as needed. If something is making people feel uncomfortable, it'll be banned. If it's so widespread that it becomes annoying, then it'll most likely be banned.
Rule the Eighth: No Whining.
Complaining about results of a match is prohibited. The character you want to win isn't always going to win. It happens. If life was fair, the Lakers and Yankees would never make the playoffs ever again.
Rule the Ninth: The Yankees suck.
This is true. Also, all rules are subject to revision as necessary.
Rule the Tenth: Caveat Spoiler.
This Tournament is based on the manga. As a result, our anime only members might occasionally receive a spoiler in the form of a character image or name that has not come up in the anime yet. This is unfortunate and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Rule 10, Section 1.
Discussion of chapter spoilers outside of designated areas will be punished, as always, by a ban from Arlong Park.
Rule the Tenth: No Trolling.
Do I even have to explain this one?
Rule the Last: Have Fun!
1. As with anything that involves people and/or technology, problems will probably happen somewhere down the line. These will be Robby's fault, but that's par for the course. In the event that problems do occur, contact one of the Event Staff listed at the bottom of the forum. If none are online, then try the Forum Staff. Urouge and Robby are probably your best bets.
2. Don't even try making threads or posting polls. The forum settings should prevent that anyway.
3. When a poll is closed, the thread will be as soon as a member of the Event Staff gets to it. The next poll will begin shortly after. Delays may occur so please be patient; don't start complaining about it in the Round Discussion Thread.
4. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Run along now and have fun!