Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 257

Thread: Official Statistics Thread.

  1. #61

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    How many of mette's posts mentioned Buggy, I wonder.
    Minimum 435 of them did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    What. When did I post this much.
    Hattori campaigns?
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

  3. #63
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Some island in new world

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    How many of mette's posts mentioned Buggy, I wonder.
    i can answer this accurately. Let me see if i get time from today's architecture assignment otherwise will find it tomorrow. I also plan to post word cloud at some stage.
    ...

  4. #64
    You and me, rendezvous? kappa-san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davao City, Philippines

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Dayum, 9th placer with the most post and I'm still new here!
    I feel so awesome

    Mette just ascended to god-tier mode.



  5. #65

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    i can answer this accurately. Let me see if i get time from today's architecture assignment otherwise will find it tomorrow. I also plan to post word cloud at some stage.
    Will those include pictures of Buggy and campaigns for him that I posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

  6. #66
    King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Urgh, one begind Urouge. Next year!!!
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Next year I'm gonna break Mette's record. I sure will.

    I will try at least.


  8. #68

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagiciteKefka View Post
    Next year I'm gonna break Mette's record. I sure will.

    I will try at least.


    As long as Buggy is in next year , you'll have a hard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    As long as Buggy is in next year , you'll have a hard time.
    You know what we need next year?

    Mr. 3 vs Buggy.


  10. #70

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagiciteKefka View Post
    You know what we need next year?

    Mr. 3 vs Buggy.

    Come at me bro .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Heh, don't kill me for saying this people, but I think what we need next year is a break year.

    It would do good for the tournament and probably for all of us too. Compared to the last two tourneys, this one has felt a little stale. I'm not blaming the organizers nor even the campaigners, all of you have done an amazing job. It's just that the novelty value is gone.
    Last edited by Dryish; August 12th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

  12. #72

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Heh, don't kill me for saying this people, but I think what we need next year is a break year.

    It would do good for the tournament and probably for all of us too. Compared to the last two tourneys, this one has felt a little stale. I'm not blaming the organizers nor even the campaigners, all of you have done an amazing job. It's just that the novelty value is gone.
    '

    Speak for yourself. This year's been exciting as hell. The matches have generally been close, save for a few crushing defeats. But the upsets have been far from boring. Crocodile beating Whitebeard, Makino beating Dragon, Otohime tieing with Buggy, Sabo beating Roger, etc. I'm personally enjoying this tournament quite a bit more than last year's. Save for Bon Clay, it was the "old generation" in the finals.

    I dunno, I think skipping a year would be silly.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    I think the problem was that some matches were very epic (Buggy vs Otohime , Makino vs Dragon ,ect...) While others were a dissapointment (Wb vs Croc , Luffy vs Tiger ect..)

    Nothing we can do about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    '

    Speak for yourself. This year's been exciting as hell. The matches have generally been close, save for a few crushing defeats. But the upsets have been far from boring. Crocodile beating Whitebeard, Makino beating Dragon, Otohime tieing with Buggy, Sabo beating Roger, etc. I'm personally enjoying this tournament quite a bit more than last year's. Save for Bon Clay, it was the "old generation" in the finals.

    I dunno, I think skipping a year would be silly.
    Mmh, maybe it's just me then. It might have something to do with the fact that I've always been a fan of tournaments held every other year. I've always thought that they're nicer than annual tournaments just because the wait is longer, thus making the event itself more anticipated and the matches more enjoyable. At least to me, the bigger the suspense is, the greater the suprises seem to feel and the energy and vigor you get from supporting somebody is bigger in amount. What irks me the most, though, is that the matches feel a little repetitive. The manga moves on so slowly that we don't get to see many new characters a year, resulting in the same old characters always appearing in the top few. Crocodile and Bon-boy both work as great examples of this. Also, the you see a great deal of same campaigns being posted just because people don't draw that many pictures of character x within such a short time. They could, but it just doesn't happen.

    And about those surprises you mentioned, only Otohime being able to draw with Buggy was something I never saw happening. That, and the Hattori invasion. Although, those two camps undeniably showed us the best and by far the most creative campaigns this year, making it less surprising.

    Anyway, that was just an idea and an opinion. Not a rant. I'm perfectly fine with the current system, even though it has its minor flaws.
    Last edited by Dryish; August 12th, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

  15. #75
    he made me do it GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under the Art Museum

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    I have to agree with Dryish. I feel like I was a lot more active in the tournament last year than this year. These tournaments can be exhausting. It lasts like 6 months, so pretty much only as much time spent having the tournament is spent as a break. It does lose its novelty sorta. There have been absolutely fantastic campaigns and it's still been fun, but it just I feel like they end up being too close together. There're only 6ish months of new stuff to come out for some of these characters in the tournaments. This was a big year with change because of the TS, so there was a lot of new stuff for campaigning, especially for SHs and characters like Jinbe, but I do think that having this biannual would make things seem more fresh.

    I don't think it's likely that things will change, but it's something to think about.


  16. #76

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    I wouldn't mind if it went bi-annual but only if they got rid of the prelims and just had constant 1 vs 1 matches lol. Probably would take an entire year and everyone would be sick of it in the end tho.

    Of course it would work the opposite way too. Cus I don't think Shirahoshi or Fisher woulda made it as far if they didn't have the recent char hype. Having it yearly means these chars get more recognition.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

  17. #77

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    The manga moves on so slowly that we don't get to see many new characters a year, resulting in the same old characters always appearing in the top few. Crocodile and Bon-boy both work as great examples of this.
    2009's Top 9 was Luffy - Zoro - Buggy - Crocodile - Roger - Whitebeard - Brook - Garp - Enel (5 of 9 remaining)
    2010's Top 8 was Whitebeard - Bon Clay - Garp - Shanks - Mihawk - Rayleigh - Smoker - Usopp (3 of 8 remaining)

    Half of the remaining characters haven't made it this far before. I mean, I get your argument and all, but there's plenty of variation in the results. Maybe Luffy vs. Zoro would be a boring outcome, but there's enough variation amongst the other candidates.

    I dunno, I feel like the tournament is a huge draw for activity and all. There are a variety of ways to make it fresh. (for example, I had an idea about a 256-character tournament with 4 way matches instead of one-on-one. Pretty much an accelerated, far more brutal tournament... only a suggestion). Meh, maybe I'm one of those people who look forward to the tournament all-year round...

    EDIT: Cyber-Robin also makes an excellent point. Sometimes, new characters show up making one-off appearances. Would Otohime have had this much momentum if we had this tournament in 2012?

  18. #78
    King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    EDIT: Cyber-Robin also makes an excellent point. Sometimes, new characters show up making one-off appearances. Would Otohime have had this much momentum if we had this tournament in 2012?

    Duh, yes! Otohime's ghost is gonna join the Strawhats.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    Duh, yes! Otohime's ghost is gonna join the Strawhats.
    Brook'll bring her soul back and insert it into him. Obviously.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

  20. #80
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: Official Statistics Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    Minimum 435 of them did.
    what the hell is with this specific number??? You were keeping track? *mind blown*

    hmm.... not sure how to feel about bi-annual tournaments. it does take a lot of energy out of a person... this year has a completely different feel to it than last year, though. Nia and Nolus are just two new participants who have made this a whole new experience.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts