+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Flintstones... by Seth McFarlane

Default Re: The Flintstones... by Seth McFarlane

Incidentally, I saw Hollyrock a Bye Baby for the first time yesterday on Boomerang. It's hard to believe a worse fate than that could befall The Flintstones.

Seriously though, wasn't Seth working on some other series with a female lead?

@Cuddles: Might I add that just last night that had a whole segment where they showed the live action music video of Mick Jagger and David Bowie singing "Dancing in the Street." Uncut.

Apparently this is funny to some people.

So....how many characters will he voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    So....how many characters will he voice?
    Well, he tends to voice the lead as well as the oddball pet. So Fred and Dino for sure.

And he'll probably voice Gazoo as well.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Y'know its funny I was just thinking of the Flintstones recently and if they should get a remake. Then Seth goes on and makes this announcement . I..really have no clue how to feel about this, in all honesty I'm not a fan of McFarlane. His stuff was edgy at the time when FG premiered but now it just feels like the writers don't even try anymore. I still dig American Dad though but find the Cleavland Show sub-par at best.

It could kinda be like the Flintstones on the Rocks special though that one was skirting the line since it was aimed at kids too. But if this is coming to FOX...then...yeah. Best to be cautious about this.

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I was originally horrified that this was happening. Just cause Seth has like 3 hit shows (though I've ignored the Cleveland show ),
    I watched like two episodes of the Cleveland show and honestly it feels like a carbon copy of Family Guy, with even the characters changed around slightly to match, with only a slightly less dumb overweight male lead.

This is real right? No way in hell.

What the hell is he going to do next? The Jetsons?

As someone who is a very modest fan of Seth's work and also someone who has absolutely no emotional attachment to The Flintstones what so ever I find myself...indifferent to this news. Well, maybe I am mildly curious how it will play out but I am far from worried about what this could do the The Flintstones reputation. You may not like Seth but you would be hard pressed to give a reasonable argument that anything that he has ever done has been Viva Rock Vegas levels of shitastic.

read.

How far would they really let him go though?

The Flintstones are cultural icons and using them as a conduit for Family Guy style humor is going to piss a lot of people off.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Well, doesn't Seth not even do the writing, and they have a writing team for that? I thought that's why American Dad could still be pretty good while shows like Family Guy and Cleveland Show could still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Well, doesn't Seth not even do the writing, and they have a writing team for that?
    He's the creator, head writer, producer, director, showrunner, does half the voices, and takes all the credit in interviews. Plus, jokes are given a table read in writers rooms where everyone contributes. If there were any jokes, story ideas or concepts he didn't like or ideas he had objections to, he could change them or say "No, we have standards."

I have no idea why American Dad escapes a lot of Family Guy's problems, but the fact that the Cleveland Show got them all back, indicates that yes, its probably because of the writers that AREN'T McFarlane being in charge of it.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

(sees title of thread)

1. When will the world realize that Seth Mcfarlane isn't funny?
    2. When will Fox stop giving him shows?
    3. Doesn't anyone realize that "The Flintstones" is for the most part from the beginning an homage to Jackie Gleason and the golden age of Television, even before all the stupid gags and such? TV comedy has changed so much since then that I don't think it would work outside it being "another Seth McFarlane show...in the STONE AGE!"

(leaves thread never to be seen again)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

As I always say, I would like Family Guy a lot more if it was just Brian and Stewie, I find Peter and co. to be completely unfunny and unsympathetic. Brian and Stewie work, though.

That doesn't mean I want McFarlane to take over the Flintstones, or any of the classic Hanna Barbara shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    As I always say, I would like Family Guy a lot more if it was just Brian and Stewie, I find Peter and co. to be completely unfunny and unsympathetic. Brian and Stewie work, though.
    Agreed. Brian irritates me a lot, but out of the entire cast, him and Stewie are the ones that I hate the least. Which is the main reason I love American Dad: I actually like and enjoy pretty much all the characters, and especially the main cast.

Yeah heard about this last night. Sounds awful.

"What's the prehistoric version of an iPod?"
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lelandlancaster View Post
    Agreed. Brian irritates me a lot, but out of the entire cast, him and Stewie are the ones that I hate the least. Which is the main reason I love American Dad: I actually like and enjoy pretty much all the characters, and especially the main cast.
    Brian at the start of the series was great. Current Brian... not so much.

Same for Stewie.

The rest of the family has really degenerated, from annoying to downright unlikeable.

Lois was the worst example of that though. She started as a mother who would do anything for her kids, to someone who probably wouldn't care less if they died.

This gives me another reason to hate Seth McFarlane. Look dude, I know your happy to have survived 9/11 but by gods man, your making yourself look stupid. All of your shows sucked and your going to remake Flintstones? Judging by how you handle Famliy Guy, Cleverland Show and American Dad, I would throw up to see how you'll handle Flintstones. Please, go die McFarlane.
    Last edited by joekido the Second; May 17th, 2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Judging by how you handle Famliy Guy, Cloverfield and American Dad,
    I am amused.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I am amused.

Well excuse me if that is wrong, because of how slow my phone is I'll have problems looking it up on wikipedia

Well he was a writer for Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab and Cow & Chicken, so that gives me some hope...

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information