Closed Thread
Page 476 of 567 FirstFirst ... 376 426 466 474 475 476 477 478 486 526 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,520 of 11336

Thread: One Piece Mafia: Part II

  1. #9501

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    The different roles of townies are a bit confusing but I'll get the hang of it.~

  2. #9502

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    "Hindsight". Good one.

    In case anyone has forgotten, the drawback of the hypo-cop is that we risk exposing our notcoptitude. Considering the setup distribution, a cop also means a doc and roleblocker. A cop would need the protection, so a hypo-cop sounds good to me. I'm trying to weigh the consequences, but I can't think of a reason not to. Just be sure that nobody fakeclaims 'blocked' or 'guilty' tomorrow.

    More importantly, I want to know how people are prioritizing today's lynch. I'd prefer to go with straight inactivity, but I'm interesting in hearing what other people prioritize.

    Nectar, what should get someone lynched on Day One?

    trappedolphin, are you comfortable with a random wagon ending the day?

    Kaidonko, how are things?
    A lurker is nice but I'd like to No Lynch and end Day 1, never been a fan of first Days.
    Anyone who doesn't show up 48hrs after the game began will be voted by me.

    Shuhan, you think the Roleblocker will pick a lurker or active on Night 1?
    Heart, should the Doctor protect Kaidonko on Night 1?

    How does everyone feel about picking the same player to Hypo-Cop?

  3. #9503
    Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    @ Nectar: If there was a roleblocker, I would assume they would go after an active player that isn't one of their own.

    My turn, are you asking these questions because you have more info than the rest of us or are you asking hypothetically?

    Im not totally against lynching lurkers, however, if last game was any indication, we need to be absolutly certain before we let the mafia influence us again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

  4. #9504

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Nectar, I don't see really see why... or why not for that matter.
    I was never too good at guessing Mafia's kills.

    As for all the same target for hypocop, why not...
    This means we should all decide on said target today, though.
    Also, if I remember correctly, when hypo-coping, we are all supposed to report an innocent.
    Depending on the target, this may be hard to play with.
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  5. #9505

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    @ Nectar: If there was a roleblocker, I would assume they would go after an active player that isn't one of their own.

    My turn, are you asking these questions because you have more info than the rest of us or are you asking hypothetically?

    Im not totally against lynching lurkers, however, if last game was any indication, we need to be absolutly certain before we let the mafia influence us again.
    I asking because I want to know your response. If not a lurker then who should be lynched first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth Heart View Post
    Nectar, I don't see really see why... or why not for that matter.
    I was never too good at guessing Mafia's kills.

    As for all the same target for hypocop, why not...
    This means we should all decide on said target today, though.
    Also, if I remember correctly, when hypo-coping, we are all supposed to report an innocent.
    Depending on the target, this may be hard to play with.
    Who do you suggest be our target?


  6. #9506

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    This is where it's problematic -and I feel this discussion might giving too much info- cop should go for the highest suspect (his highest, the town's, whatever) but if we are to report innocence on them, how can we fake that we are in fact still suspicious of them ? In that case, should we pick someone we trust ?

    In the end, I think cop should pick his own target, and the rest should give inno reports on likely targets.
    What about you ?
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  7. #9507
    Discovered Stowaway vorlianis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    I don't see why not hypo-cop however i have to clarify this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth Heart View Post
    Nectar, I don't see really see why... or why not for that matter.
    I was never too good at guessing Mafia's kills.

    As for all the same target for hypocop, why not...
    This means we should all decide on said target today, though.
    Also, if I remember correctly, when hypo-coping, we are all supposed to report an innocent.
    Depending on the target, this may be hard to play with.
    That is more like a possible strategy you can use but the only point i see in hypo cop is to hide the actual cop. And it might be interesting who avoids who. Or who picks who for that matter.
    Nectars suggestion of the use is one where we all give mixed reports, it's actually a lot safer if there is a cop, i like it.

    Also inactivity can't really be administered unless we have fairly long days (even longer then our current), wich isn't the case.

    For now i feel like a different approach unless i get a better idea. Vote Lynch: Harvady Alumnus.


  8. #9508
    Spoilers and Mafia. Bogart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the East, west of the West

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Lynch Status: With nine alive it takes five to lynch.
    trappedolphin [1]:
    Elisabeth Heart
    Harvady Alumnus [1]: vorlianis
    Not Voting [7]: Sky, Kaidonko, Nectar, Harvady Alumnus,Shuhan, trappedolphin, xxomg_its_mayaxx

  9. #9509

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth Heart View Post
    This is where it's problematic -and I feel this discussion might giving too much info- cop should go for the highest suspect (his highest, the town's, whatever) but if we are to report innocence on them, how can we fake that we are in fact still suspicious of them ? In that case, should we pick someone we trust ?

    In the end, I think cop should pick his own target, and the rest should give inno reports on likely targets.
    What about you ?
    While thinking of a target I realized picking is a bad idea. The Mafia can kill our planned target and we'll be back to square one. Using the Doctor to protect without confirmation is bad too because this could be a No Cop setup and gives the Mafia a way to find the Doctor through process of elimination.

    Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    I don't see why not hypo-cop however i have to clarify this.

    That is more like a possible strategy you can use but the only point i see in hypo cop is to hide the actual cop. And it might be interesting who avoids who. Or who picks who for that matter.
    Nectars suggestion of the use is one where we all give mixed reports, it's actually a lot safer if there is a cop, i like it.

    Also inactivity can't really be administered unless we have fairly long days (even longer then our current), wich isn't the case.

    For now i feel like a different approach unless i get a better idea. Vote Lynch: Harvady Alumnus.
    48 hours is long enough in my opinion but everyone already posted at least once Today.

    Kaidonko, who do you think we should lynch?

  10. #9510

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Some people really didn't post much.
    *looks at Trappy* Did I scare you off ?
    Now I know people tend to say that they hate day one...
    Nothing to say, nothing to do, blahblah, but I love day one-s !

    So at least for my own experiments...
    Maya, give me a color.
    Sky, give me a number.
    Trappy, give me a season.
    Please ? :)
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  11. #9511

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Funny that ur asking me Figured that lynching serves no meaning if we don't vote for the same person but how do u know who's a townie and who's a mafia?
    This game sounds more like a game of luck than skill. Wouldn't know yet so give me some time to follow the game rather than base ur votes on my opinion.

    But if I were to choose one then Shuhan. He's scary.

  12. #9512
    Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default

    Wuzza? I'm scary?

    ....I mean, I know I'm off my...meds...right now, but I'm far from scary.

    I'm sorry Nectar, but I'm not going to answer that question...I am in no mood to be giving the mafia any ideas. Chalk that up how you will.

    Question for Vor, what are you feeling so far from this activity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

  13. #9513

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Color......

    Violet


    cause it pretty.

  14. #9514

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonko View Post
    but how do u know who's a townie and who's a mafia?
    We all follow our own rules for that... or predicted ones. Some will listen to their guts, others will wait endlessly for evidences, some will sheep their way following the majority. Usually you have to do something to create a reaction and try to find out what's hidden behind it. Or, you can observe the others do so to draw your own conclusions.
    If luck is indeed involved, it's not certainly not alone :)


    Thank you, Maya~
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  15. #9515
    Discovered Stowaway vorlianis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    While thinking of a target I realized picking is a bad idea. The Mafia can kill our planned target and we'll be back to square one. Using the Doctor to protect without confirmation is bad too because this could be a No Cop setup and gives the Mafia a way to find the Doctor through process of elimination.
    That would be a risky move on the part of the mafia though, if we go by the assumption that they kill everytime who we decide to target then the mafia could be snuffed out very.... easily. We could even technically no lynch every day and investigate everyone. I think it's a very considerable option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Wuzza? I'm scary?

    ....I mean, I know I'm off my...meds...right now, but I'm far from scary.

    I'm sorry Nectar, but I'm not going to answer that question...I am in no mood to be giving the mafia any ideas. Chalk that up how you will.

    Question for Vor, what are you feeling so far from this activity?
    Far from activity is a rather big statment is it not? It's not even been 24 hours.....


  16. #9516

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    pre-dictated* or maybe predetermined is more English.
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  17. #9517

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Any time for a random question :D

  18. #9518

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    *yawns and stretches*

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    trappedolphin, are you comfortable with a random wagon ending the day?
    Eh. I'm not supportive of it atm. I don't see any hurry for us to lynch someone in this game, especially if there isn't a good target or reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    For now i feel like a different approach unless i get a better idea. Vote Lynch: Harvady Alumnus.
    What do you mean by different? Is this vote just because it's Harvy-chan and he never gets lynched D1 or something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth Heart View Post
    Trappy, give me a season.
    Fall! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    That would be a risky move on the part of the mafia though, if we go by the assumption that they kill everytime who we decide to target then the mafia could be snuffed out very.... easily. We could even technically no lynch every day and investigate everyone. I think it's a very considerable option.
    Except that there might not be a cop, or the cop might get killed.

    Quote Originally Posted by spring-chan
    Far from activity is a rather big statment is it not? It's not even been 24 hours.....
    Shushu said "how are you feeling so far from this activity" which means how are you feeling from the activity that we have/don't have, not that we are far from having activity.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.
    Avatar credits to rcerione

  19. #9519

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonko View Post
    Funny that ur asking me Figured that lynching serves no meaning if we don't vote for the same person but how do u know who's a townie and who's a mafia?
    This game sounds more like a game of luck than skill. Wouldn't know yet so give me some time to follow the game rather than base ur votes on my opinion.

    But if I were to choose one then Shuhan. He's scary.
    It's part luck, part Night Powers, and part scum slips. Being Mafia can be hard because you're pretending to know less than you do and lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    That would be a risky move on the part of the mafia though, if we go by the assumption that they kill everytime who we decide to target then the mafia could be snuffed out very.... easily. We could even technically no lynch every day and investigate everyone. I think it's a very considerable option.
    It's not, in my opinion.
    The odds of Cop hitting Mafia is low and they will be killing every Night in the meantime. If the get the Doctor early then only one is getting busted.

    Maya, who do you think the Roleblocker will target?


  20. #9520
    Discovered Stowaway vorlianis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium

    Default Re: One Piece Mafia: Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    What do you mean by different? Is this vote just because it's Harvy-chan and he never gets lynched D1 or something?
    I was referring to how i wouldn't have lynched a person who didn't show up yet. But they all have.

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Except that there might not be a cop, or the cop might get killed.
    Cop getting killed is one thing, but it's not like that we'll be twiddling our thumbs while the cop investigates you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    Shushu said "how are you feeling so far from this activity" which means how are you feeling from the activity that we have/don't have, not that we are far from having activity.
    My bad then. The activity feels fine.

    And fair enough Nectar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvady Alumnus View Post
    In case anyone has forgotten, the drawback of the hypo-cop is that we risk exposing our notcoptitude. Considering the setup distribution, a cop also means a doc and roleblocker. A cop would need the protection, so a hypo-cop sounds good to me. I'm trying to weigh the consequences, but I can't think of a reason not to. Just be sure that nobody fakeclaims 'blocked' or 'guilty' tomorrow.
    Do you mind explaining to me why we should always report innocents with hypocop? I mean i didn't see the point of it last time when the cop outright lied about his own reports.


Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts