+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nostalgia Thread

Default The Nostalgia Thread

Use this thread to post about anything and everything that evokes that bittersweet sense of nostalgia :) Whether it be a person, a place, an event, a cartoon, a movie, or a song, feel free to post about and discuss it here! I'm sure there will be some things that many people can identify with as well :)

I'm going to start off with this:

Hidden:

I love love love this song. I heard the song before I even watched the movie, and I think it's just beautiful. One of those things that never fails to bring a tiny but happy smile to my face and a shiver down my spine.

P.S. Please try to keep long posts, e.g. many videos/pictures, under hide tags :)
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Default Re: The Nostalgia Thread

nostalgia ? ofcourse i'll be posting this:

Spoiler:

When I see ,

I remember the days when I had DBZ action figures and they would fight my sister's Barbies and rip their heads off.
    Then marry them.

I just cleared out a lot of my stuff from my drawers last night. Found a lot of Pokemon VHS' and story art books, cards, key chains, metal stickers, tazes - from back when I was younger. I didn't have the heart to throw them away so I stuck them in the back of a storage cupboard in the other room.

I still have a full drawer of Pokemon, Dragon Ball and Harry Potter cards from back when I was a child. Found some Floppy Disk as well.

Made me think back to when I was younger, and how simple everything seemed then. And all the memories, and just watching and enjoying those shows. And when it seemed like all that mattered was whether I'd seen this episode of Pokemon. It's had such a huge role throughout my life and given me so many memories and interaction with my parents. Getting a bit teary-eyed here. I owe a lot to the series.
    Last edited by Flux; May 30th, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Spoiler:

Awesome just plain awesome

Maja....
    Spoiler:

Poor children today, who just watch the new Disney crap. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by mechysonu
    The only mistake roger made in his life was not come back as a ghost and beat ace with a belt

Hearing both of these after years of not hearing them gave me such a nostalgia rush, because these were the first Pokemon games that I played all the way through.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Badass SnoCone; May 30th, 2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Damn, I really hope they remake these games for this gen

A nostalgia thread where everybody's posting songs, videos and stories, huh? Sounds good; let me join in.

Spoiler:

This particular song is the first not classical or kids' song I ever heard. I think I was closer to ten years of age when I first heard this, and I remember very well how my mind was absolutely blown away. Never had I thought something like this could even exist. It felt like an entire new world had just opened its doors to me and now reached its hands towards mine. I don't think I've been able to return back ever since.
    Last edited by Dryish; May 30th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

aborted shit wizard GuetaMinute's Avatar

Gameboy with Pokemon Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Blue, and a bunch of Pokemon cards in an old box.
    This was a stupid sig anyway

Just today me and my friends emptied our lockers at school. After three years the day after tomorrow is going to be our final day together so you can imagine how emotional it was to go through all this stuff that we had collected there during three years. I found a little copper wire man my best friend made to be our class mascot. I found the pen that we used to draw to the walls and floor of the locker room. And much more. That, I can say, was some nostalgy.

But the real nostalgy dose comes here.

Back in secondary school there was a piano in the auditorium where our history classes were held. And we had this girl on our super-awesome class who played a same song with the piano during every single recess. For the whole year. It was our song, and when I heard it, I knew that I could relax and enjoy my life. And I really loved every person on that class.

Hidden:

That's the song... Pathetic, but I still almost cry every time I hear it.

Aw Massie, that sounds so lovely. That reminds me of one time in class when my form teacher, who's pretty laid-back, brought a guitar in during contact time (which is basically when we do announcements and admin stuff). It was totally random, he just brought it in and started playing Accidentally In Love from Shrek. Everyone just joined in spontaneously, even though we can't all sing and we didn't have the lyrics. That was really, really fun.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    I just cleared out a lot of my stuff from my drawers last night.
    This always gets me. I have this one drawer in my dresser that has a ton of junk (and I mean a ton; the bottom has split a little from the weight) but it also has my old old diaries and notebooks. Seeing them there always makes me smile. I love looking through them, turning those kinda crinkly pages, remembering what I experienced and felt in the past. I also have this one notebook where I used to write down the lyrics of songs that I really liked, just for fun, and looking through that makes me really happy too. Oh oh and I have this one plastic container of sorts where I keep my old cards and letters. I don't really want to look through them cause some memories aren't as nice as others, but I like having it there. :P

Don't tell me you don't want to kick some ass when you hear this one:

Spoiler:

This one gives me chills to this day:

Spoiler:

And other NOT Pokemon related ones:

Spoiler:

"Trust him with me...I WANT TO WRONG JIGGLE."
    Crack Navigator for the Fandom Pirates

Eternal Librarian of AP Captain Ugly's Avatar

The thing I miss most are the birthday parties, eating cakes, sweets and snacks, the fun, dancing. Now I just got drunk, drugs, and puke.

and decent Videoclips.
    Know the answer ? PM me !!
    93 question
    Hidden:
    Who is the mascot for Froot Loops ?

Click on Cirno to see the ranking.
    Click on Mawile to see the prize

If you can't incorporate cake into your drinking times, then you have missed a vital skill.

I should have known that more than half of this thread would be about Pokemon.

You should have seen that coming Trapped.

WITH YOUR FUTURE SIGHT MOVE YOU HAVE I KNOW YOU'RE A PSYCHIC TYPE

Sorry Trappy but Pokemon is kind of a big part of a lot of childhoods of our generation.

Though right now I wish I was the first person to post the Gargoyles opening. I can't believe that slipped my mind.

These:
    Spoiler:

;w; Oh man... Childhood
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information