+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Brothers

Default Re: New Smash Bros. planned for Wii U and 3DS

They better have DLC possible for characters and stages. They've had time to learn their lesson from Brawl.

Also they better make sure they are able to patch the game for balancing in the all too likely event some characters are overpowered or useless.

I don't care about any other third party characters (if they're even going to do that again) other than Geno, but Snake making a reappearance would be cool. One of the things I liked about Melee was they had 64 stages included as unlockables and while Brawl had Melee stages there weren't any 64 stages. That was a disappointment.

I'm excited by the news and I'm interested in what kind of compatibility there will be between the Wii U and 3DS versions. But given the game isn't even in development yet other than MAYBE some early planning I'm going to not get too excited until I start seeing some actual trailers and gameplay footage.

dlc better be free if they have it. i hate when games basically release half a game becuase they want you to buy the "SPECIAL" characters.

i mean hell look at league of legends. that comes out with a new champion like once a month and the game is free. You can BUY the characters with actual cash or you can earn in game points to BUY them for free. That's how i think that kind of dlc should be.

I guess I'm still surprised that Sakurai is at the helm of this one again. I mean, he didn't even want to do Brawl, so to see him attached to the project as a sort of "well no duh" feels strange.

also, I'm not sure I want Sakurai to be in charge again. He knows how to make a great game, and has done it in the past, and likely will again with Kid Icarus. And I'm sure SSB4 will be fun, that's a given. But, I was kinda hoping that we could get someone else to lead the project, to direct it back towards the more competitive-oriented Melee, which Sakurai is certain not to do. Also, he doesn't seem to realize that Smash is like the people's game. He had the Brawl roster finalized before the very first E3 clip, which meant the online survey (Japan only) meant squat. The only one who wasn't in was Sonic, because he wasn't even considered. Then the immense fan outcry made him have to ask Sega and put him in, but the fact that Snake got in just because Kojima is his friend just seems kinda wrong. Like he didn't understand that maybe, just maybe, 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. should be treated like a huge deal. Also, there's no way Sakurai will ever offer dlc or patches. He just plain doesn't care about balance or competition any more. If you asked him why Meta Knight was allowed to be so overpowered, he's just say "well, no matter if you win or lose, it is still fun to play, this is what I believe".

So yeah, I know to expect a very fun, very good party game for both the Wii U and 3DS. But I feel like with a different director, we could get that, AND have it be a competitive fighter, like Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    I guess I'm still surprised that Sakurai is at the helm of this one again. I mean, he didn't even want to do Brawl, so to see him attached to the project as a sort of "well no duh" feels strange.

also, I'm not sure I want Sakurai to be in charge again. He knows how to make a great game, and has done it in the past, and likely will again with Kid Icarus. And I'm sure SSB4 will be fun, that's a given. But, I was kinda hoping that we could get someone else to lead the project, to direct it back towards the more competitive-oriented Melee, which Sakurai is certain not to do. Also, he doesn't seem to realize that Smash is like the people's game. He had the Brawl roster finalized before the very first E3 clip, which meant the online survey (Japan only) meant squat. The only one who wasn't in was Sonic, because he wasn't even considered. Then the immense fan outcry made him have to ask Sega and put him in, but the fact that Snake got in just because Kojima is his friend just seems kinda wrong. Like he didn't understand that maybe, just maybe, 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. should be treated like a huge deal. Also, there's no way Sakurai will ever offer dlc or patches. He just plain doesn't care about balance or competition any more. If you asked him why Meta Knight was allowed to be so overpowered, he's just say "well, no matter if you win or lose, it is still fun to play, this is what I believe".

So yeah, I know to expect a very fun, very good party game for both the Wii U and 3DS. But I feel like with a different director, we could get that, AND have it be a competitive fighter, like Melee.
    Why wouldn't he be in charge he created the game it only make sense for the game creator to be in charge.

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

I thought Sega asked to put Sonic in, not the other way around? Either way he's the only Sonic rep we'll get.

The only smash that I enjoyed trully was 64.

The other ones were great games, don't get me wrong.

But no game can stand before 2-4 years of hype.

The damn rosters! "I want this minor character who was in only one game as a support to be in!"

I originaly joined arlong park to talk in the old brawl thread, I woke up at 3 am every day to check the updates of the site, I lost 7 kg in order to get the money to buy it, and for what? Tripping, floatyness and the useless online. I could still be happy with just smash64 but the new ones have corrupted me, I wanted 4 throws, 4 specials, air dodge..

With Melee was actualy worse, because I became interested after it came out, but didn't had any chance to play it untill 2006, where the rest were experts and I just a chump, who knew EVERYTHING about the game and everything inside, but not to play correctly.

Take my advice, leave this thread and Don't watch back! You'll ruin the game!

And Geno doesn't deserve to be in before Neku, Generic Black Mage or Chrono.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

I- I think I just sheded a tear of pure happieness. Taste like diabetes.
    Still, It makes one wonder if they're going for the storymode of brawl or the linar "beat this guy up" stages of the previous instalments. And will Tabuu be a bonus boss?

Also, characters I would like to see in brawl is:
    Fawful, for being furiously funny. "A winner is you" indeed.
    Titan dweevil as a boss.
    Starman (Mother) as boss/character.
    Shroobs is in need to return nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk
    "This tea's slightly more bitter than usual. EXECUTION FOLLOWED BY THE EXECUTION OF EVERYONE DEAR TO YOU."
    Holy H. P. Lovecraft spinning through the 13 abyssal planes on a propane grill!

Fanboy Hopes:
    Earthworm Jim. Guy needs some lovin'.
    Kirby bosses (Marx, Heavy Lobster, Dyna Blade)
    Playable Golden Sun characters, preferably Jenna, Felix, Isaac and/or Ivan.
    Geno.
    The tikis from DKCR making some sort of appearance.
    A Patch Land stage for Kirby.
    *Unrealistic Retro Fanboy Hopes*
    Kleever from DKC2
    Blind the Thief from LoZ:LttP

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The only smash that I enjoyed trully was 64.

The other ones were great games, don't get me wrong.

But no game can stand before 2-4 years of hype.

The damn rosters! "I want this minor character who was in only one game as a support to be in!"

I originaly joined arlong park to talk in the old brawl thread, I woke up at 3 am every day to check the updates of the site, I lost 7 kg in order to get the money to buy it, and for what? Tripping, floatyness and the useless online. I could still be happy with just smash64 but the new ones have corrupted me, I wanted 4 throws, 4 specials, air dodge..

With Melee was actualy worse, because I became interested after it came out, but didn't had any chance to play it untill 2006, where the rest were experts and I just a chump, who knew EVERYTHING about the game and everything inside, but not to play correctly.

Take my advice, leave this thread and Don't watch back! You'll ruin the game!

And Geno doesn't deserve to be in before Neku, Generic Black Mage or Chrono.
    i agree about spiling a game. i sure as hell hope they don't announce EVERY character like they did slowly last brawl.

had no excitement on WHO is in this game and all that when the game came out. I will stick around as far as seeing trailers. That is it. I won't check for updates on every little facet like they did fro brawl

i want to play as batman
    Hi MF

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    He had the Brawl roster finalized before the very first E3 clip, which meant the online survey (Japan only) meant squat. The only one who wasn't in was Sonic, because he wasn't even considered.
    I think Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff were added last-minute because they didn't really appear in the Subspace Emissary mode.

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    I think Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff were added last-minute because they didn't really appear in the Subspace Emissary mode.
    No, they were just hidden characters. Jigglypuff was one of the original 12, there's no way they would've left her out. Toon Link is pretty much Young Link. If it was only Wolf it would make sense, but not with the other two.

A create your own character feature would be interesting lol

, Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    A create your own character feature would be interesting lol
    just have it be your Mii is playable

Appearantly according to an interview, Sakurai is going to rely on staff for balancing to a greater degree this time around and they're going to try to make the portable one a more customizable experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    just have it be your Mii is playable
    Honestly that would be the only way to do it select a Mii select what moves it will have for each command, select which character speed, character jump, character pose/taunt, and character final smash. honestly though you could make the most broken Mii characters lol

A playable Mii would probably use attacks related to wii sports and wii sports resort

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    A playable Mii would probably use attacks related to wii sports and wii sports resort
    yep, you woudl most likely not have customization on moves. they would be set

like you would have possibly a bow and arrow, bowling ball, gold club, a fencing sword, ect. stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Appearantly according to an interview, Sakurai is going to rely on staff for balancing to a greater degree this time around and they're going to try to make the portable one a more customizable experience
    Where do you get this info at? I want to go there so I can keep track of SSB4 personally

Know what would be cool: have more than 4 special moves in the 3ds version and then you can pick and choose which of them you want to use. It works on a handheld because you probably won't be sharing it with many people, whereas a console version would make it harder to implement such things without making it a hassle

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I found that on an IGN article talking about an interview Sakurai did in Japanese

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information