+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: New Smash Bros. planned for Wii U and 3DS

So how about Support chars? I'd love to see a lil more experimenting with them and instead of making pointless additions (Sonic + Snake) to playable chars they instead put them in supports. That way we can hope they expand and add other Nintendo console chars like:

Ammy,
    Phoenix Wright/Edgeworth (would be cool to have the support as a courtroom that gets set up and have the two battle and their Objections and Take That's damage the surrounding players.)
    Layton/Luke
    A Boy and His Blob
    Little King
    Elite Beat Agents
    Dr. Kawashima support (Maybe have people do a quick question, any that fail get damaged 50% or something.)
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

@Aaron k thanks

For those who will most definitely get a Wii U to play this it was said in a interview with Nintendo Global President Sotaru Iwata that and I qoute "The new console is unlikely cost the same" so it will be higher than $250.

And on topic of SSBB4 this is a quote from an Ign article "it might be interesting to allow that player to customize Smash Bros. fighters on the 3DS, which could then be brought over to the larger world of a home console Smash Bros. Sakurai's thinking is that an element of communication between the two versions will make both better."

It appears we may have customizable fighters but to what extent? well we will have to wait until more info can be obtained.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

It was a big shame that they had nothing to show for with it, but gosh, that was an amazing announcement. A Super Smash Bros. for both the 3DS and the Wii U. I never thought that we'd actually get a portable Super Smash Bros. Get this, we now have a portable SSB and an HD SSB confirmed. So awesome!

I hope this time they give Isaac (or Matthew) a spot in the playable character list. Now I want it even more, because I'd get to see them in HD with a nice polished model, unlike that unsatisfactory Assist Trophy model in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

That and give Toon Link, Ganondorf and the other 'clones'/partial 'clones' their own moveset this time.

Regarding planners, Sakurai noted that he's headed up all areas of game balance and character strength settings for past Smash Bros. This time, he's hoping to leave this area to the staff.
    Greatest quote of the freakin article. Thank god! Why are Metaknight and Dedede epically unstoppable? Why does Sakurai give Snake and uptilt that is stronger than most smash attacks? Why are all the Zelda characters completely outclassed by almost every other character? Let the team who is actually composed of Smash Bros fans deal with the balancing. As I said on another board, he should not be god in that regard, no one man should have that say.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ks_smash_bros/
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

+

Also Ridley.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

I am now playing N64 Smash bros. in celebration of this monumental event
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

How about One Piece characters? I know it probably wont happen but it would still be a surprise and it would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamike Kawazoe View Post
    How about One Piece characters? I know it probably wont happen but it would still be a surprise and it would be fun!
    You just set a low bar for posts in the thread now.

You know I was kidding right?

I swear if the Smash Bros. threads at Serebii weren't gone forever I would dig up the posts in support of Spongebob joining Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I swear if the Smash Bros. threads at Serebii weren't gone forever I would dig up the posts in support of Spongebob joining Brawl.
    The Crash Bandicoot one was worse.

You still set the low bar.

At least I didn't say Crash or Spongebob.

You still picked an equally bad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamike Kawazoe View Post
    It's funny because he wasn't.

Well One Piece is better than those two by far.

That still doesn't matter when it comes to a game revolving around Nintendo game characters.

so, about that interview...

"He felt that it would be wrong to make a mere extension of Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He did not feel that it would be right to just increase the volume, adding 50 characters or doubling the stages for instance. He also felt it would be wrong to just improve the visuals."

um... personally, an extension of Melee with 50 characters, more stages, and better graphics is exactly what I want.

also, when they talk about "there's no element of experience" I kinda face palm. When you start playing, you suck, then you learn and get better. That's actual experience, which is always better than artificially buffing your character as you progress to give you the notion of getting more skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    so, about that interview...

"He felt that it would be wrong to make a mere extension of Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He did not feel that it would be right to just increase the volume, adding 50 characters or doubling the stages for instance. He also felt it would be wrong to just improve the visuals."
    He feels all of that is wrong. So. He thinks it's right to do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    He feels all of that is wrong. So. He thinks it's right to do nothing?
    I THINK he means that he thinks only doing that would be wrong (it isn't at all) which means he wants to shake things up, which makes me worried.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Abraham Lincoln for Brawl

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information