+ Reply to Thread
Page 725 of 809 FirstFirst ... 225 625 675 715 723 724 725 726 727 735 775 ... LastLast
Results 14,481 to 14,500 of 16174

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

Bomberman is already an assist trophy lol.

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's unlikely there will be a Smash 6 after this.

All this looks like a Farewell Gift from Sakurai.
    Smash is one of Nintendo’s biggest franchises. No way this the final game.

However, I do think the next game is going to try something different and Ultimate will be the last “normal” game in the series. They’ve hit a point where just adding more stages and characters with a few mechanical changes that only fans will care about isn’t feasible. They’re running out of noteworthy Nintendo series to pull from, and adding more third-party characters would eventually diminish the game’s status as Nintendo-focused crossover.

The next game will have less characters, and they’ll probably try and change things to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Because he's a costume, being an echo implies slight touches to the movesets (including a different final smash).

Just like all the gaunlet of koopalings, or the gender of avatar characters.
    I guess that's why "echo" is formally used instead of clone? If we're talking final smashes, Lucina and Marth both have Critical Hit but Dark Pit presumably still has that arrow attack. 50:50 shot if Daisy has the same FS as PEach.

This is relevant to all Daisy mains.

The face of a Straw Hat.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't think it's a coincidence they showed Waluigi and Lyn assist trophies right off the bat. My question given the number of trolls in the Direct is whether they were shown to shut up fans, or to set up the an even bigger troll of "just kidding, they got promoted to being playable."

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Simon Belmont, Bomberman and Megaman Zero (GBA version). More Megaman reps beyond that'd be swell, but I'd be pretty cool with that.
    Consdiering Bomberman is an assist trophy now, that seems unlikely.

Belmont (any Belmont or Castlevania rep really) is the really conspicuous missing franchise, and always has been.
    Tails (& Knuckles)
    Rayman (I don't care, but seeing how many games and history he actually has under his belt....)
    a more indie character (shantae, shovel knight, etc.)
    Tetris. No idea how it would work, but... Tetris.

Ornstein and Smough as Echo characters of the Ice Climbers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Smash is one of Nintendo’s biggest franchises. No way this the final game.

However, I do think the next game is going to try something different and Ultimate will be the last “normal” game in the series. They’ve hit a point where just adding more stages and characters with a few mechanical changes that only fans will care about isn’t feasible. They’re running out of noteworthy Nintendo series to pull from, and adding more third-party characters would eventually diminish the game’s status as Nintendo-focused crossover.

The next game will have less characters, and they’ll probably try and change things to make up for it.
    Damn. Nailed all the points.

Even as far back as Smash 4's huge roster I had a sense of diminishing returns in the future, but yeah, 65+ characters featuring EVERYONE from nearly 20 years of these games can't be topped. (at least, for me)

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Even as far back as Smash 4's huge roster I had a sense of diminishing returns in the future, but yeah, 65+ characters featuring EVERYONE from nearly 20 years of these games can't be topped. (at least, for me)
    Sure it can. Anime tie in games and musou games keep reusing assets all the time until they reach rosters in the 100's.

Long as they don't do a complete overhaul retool of the engine that changes everything or completely different graphics they can keep reusing this setup for a long time to come with most of the legwork already in place.

Eventually the tech will move far enough these graphics won't cut it anymore... but for 2.5d cartoon characters in a frantic screen it works pretty well.

Here's a fun idea for a character - another trainer! Think about the fun options: you could do Rival Trainer, with Blastoise and two other randos or a Team Rocket guy or a Bug Trainer or someone from the Elite Four or a Gym Master?
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Sure it can. Anime tie in games and musou games keep reusing assets all the time until they reach rosters in the 100's..
    I mean, if you told me a few days ago there would be 65 characters I would just think of those circa 2007 fanmade character selections:

I'll be fine if there never were a completely new Smash game.

Just keep make it live with seasonal DLC additions and make a Smash Ultimate 4K edition whenever Nintendo release a console capable of doing that.

Now instead of making a new Smash, I would rather Nintendo do new big crossovers with different genres : RPG, Musou, Racing, Platformer...

Let shonen jump use this engine instead of whatever they are doing.

Wishful thinking, bandai will do it, and that is why jump force isn't for switch.

You can't bring goku to smash but you can bring smash to goku.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I mean, if you told me a few days ago there would be 65 characters I would just think of those circa 2007 fanmade character selections:

http://orig11.deviantart.net/e26e/f/...by_steelia.png
    Toon Ganondorf, Waddle Dee and Geno on this list gives me such a bittersweet feeling.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Consdiering Bomberman is an assist trophy now, that seems unlikely.

Belmont (any Belmont or Castlevania rep really) is the really conspicuous missing franchise, and always has been.
    Tails (& Knuckles)
    Rayman (I don't care, but seeing how many games and history he actually has under his belt....)
    a more indie character (shantae, shovel knight, etc.)
    Tetris. No idea how it would work, but... Tetris.
    Given the crossover game with Mario and Rabbids, it's almost insulting not to have both Rayman and Rabbid characters in it. But then, I dislike the third-party additions in principle so...

And Tetris as a stage, with constant falling objects and ground disappearing underfoot, at least, would be an awesome inclusion if not adding an actual character.

Peach rabbid at the very least deserves to be an assist trophy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Gamexplain found (was told and made a video out of) even more stages. The count is at 80something. And the grand total is around 120.

Other than the different bunch of "fight on top of the great fox" stages, and maybe hanebow (electroplankton for brawl), one of the pictochats and miiverse, we are way too close to "all of them" as well.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

As stated above. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last Smash game in the sense that we know since they giving people EVERYTHING. I mean, how do you step up from that? Just more stages and characters? The Smash community is so rigid in their desire to keep the game locked in the melee gameplay that they'll never accept any massive gameplay changes.

So, yeah the future looks interesting and I am curious if Nintendo makes another Smash within the next decade, or they just leave it here.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information