+ Reply to Thread
Page 751 of 774 FirstFirst ... 251 651 701 741 749 750 751 752 753 761 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 15462

Thread: Super Smash Bros

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

If Chrom can be a Roy echo with a weird version of Ike's Up B, I hope Shadow's Up B can ripoff Mewtwo's Up B to reference Chaos Control. Shadow having a moveset EXACTLY like Sonic's without a hint of his Chaos powers would always feel a bit weird since that is always how he distinguishes himself. Although I could see Sakurai not caring about that type of nuance for a third-party edgy clone of "YOU'RE TOO SLOW".

And Knuckles using the Homing Attack instead of his Glide will never not look weird as hell to me.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 10th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    If Chrom can be a Roy echo with a weird version of Ike's Up B, I hope Shadow's Up B can ripoff Mewtwo's Up B to reference Chaos Control. Shadow having a moveset EXACTLY like Sonic's without a hint of his Chaos powers would always feel a bit weird since that is always how he distinguishes himself. Although I could see Sakurai not caring about that type of nuance for a third-party edgy clone of "YOU'RE TOO SLOW".

And Knuckles using the Homing Attack instead of his Glide will never not look weird as hell to me.
    I could see Sakurai implementing Chaos Control-like elements on Shadow's moveset. Something like making Shadow invisible for some frames to make it look like he's teleporting, but otherwise just using Sonic's moveset.

Would be silly to have him use a Spring too though.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Getting Shantae in the game to facilitate Dixie echoing her and Diddy.

DO IT!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I like the idea of Shadow being an echo (seems a little more likely than Tails atm), but I would like to have chaos-related moves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Getting Shantae in the game to facilitate Dixie echoing her and Diddy.

DO IT!
    I figure just taking DK's Up+B would be good enough for Dixie echoing Diddy but you are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I really hope we get Impa as an Echo for Shiek. I really want another Zelda character that isn't just a variant of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf and she has pretty much the most major recurring role in the series besides them.

Impa would be ok, but I don't find her nearly as interesting as other Zelda characters like Tetra, Vaati or Skull Kid. There's also the issue that to most of the recent Switch fans that played Breath of the Wild, Impa is just that old lady that tells story, which would be weird to have in Smash.

I also have always felt like Link, Zelda and Ganondorf represent the series well enough, since they're the core of the Triforce. And even those haven't been done well yet apparently, since Ganondorf and Zelda keep getting updates and we have three links.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I agree that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf represent the series well enough. But the series has so many alternate villains that I hope we one of them join. Skull Kid specifically given how loved Majora's Mask is and Skull Kid easily being the most unique quirky villain in the franchise. And has the best themes. It also gives Young Link his own little nemesis.

Although with the Moon being an Assist Trophy now, I assume his Final Smash will now be Majora's Incarnate and/or Wrath.
    Last edited by Count Mario; August 10th, 2018 at 05:07 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Man I'm late to the whole Simon/Richter and K. Rool hype train lol, at least I'm happy I got one of my wishes granted plus a bonus.

As for villains, I'd take Eggman and Toon Ganondorf (just to give Ganon a chance to have a non-clone moveset, but Vaati would be a good choice too) for their respective series.

And even though I'm still waiting for Bandanna Dee, K. Rool is my satisfaction point.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Well the fact that Dark Pit and Dark Samus are echoes means that Dark Link shouldn't be too far behind. After that, they can add Dark Ness.

You joke, but Dark Pit (Pitoo) has his own agenda and arc, while Dark Link was literally just "link but dark"

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    You joke, but Dark Pit (Pitoo) has his own agenda and arc, while Dark Link was literally just "link but dark"
    Dark Link has an arc. He makes one when he falls through the floor in OOT.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Same with Dark Samus. Dark Samus is the reincarnation of the Metroid Prime, a metroid that had been mutated by immense Phozon exposure. She took the form of Samus in hopes to defeat her. She was a secondary villain in Metroid Prime 2, and the main villain in Metroid Prime 3.

Sorry. I'm really happy she's playable.

Dark Samus is one of those characters I didn't care about due to lack of playing Metroid Prime, but I really like her design. Looks super cool, and so far seems like a better character than default Samus.

Chrom so far is the one echo fighter I'm not very interested in trying out, mostly because of all the Marth-type characters I tend to use Lucina most and I don't see that changing. Daisy is not super hype for me, but at least she has things going for her: I like Peach's play-style in Smash and want to see Daisy's spin, and I keep on hoping her taunts go "HI I'M DAISY" so I can just spam that as much as possible.

I really recommend playing metroid Prime Trilogy. I dunno if you are compatible with the Batman school of detective vision, but the gameplay of a fps metroid worked really well.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't want to be that guy, but how about Leon from Resident Evil 4 be in the game? Not only is that almost universally considered the best RE game, but it originated on the GC. Plus Leon is so iconic it would work.

The Metroid Prime games are really worth a play. They aren't naturally sequence breakable like Super Metroid and the better 2D entries in the series, but the tradeoff is much better action and a pretty immersive 3D world. Dark Samus is pretty individual from Samus for an evil twin antagonist and has a lot of presence that I think come through really well on the Smash Ultimate character model/animations. There's enough attacks and things unique to Dark Samus that you could probably spin them off into a separate character, but making them an echo fighter makes good enough sense and I'm happy enough they could make it.

Man, the Echo Fighter thing feels like such an unexpectedly inspired twist on the usual clones. It's a very superficial one, but it makes me feel way better about getting them because they feel more like extras than filler. I think starting with introducing Daisy as the first new one was a really smart move, because it set a precedent for the sorts of unexpected surprises we could get from them, and the followups have all been pretty exciting. Richter gives us a second Castlevania character, which is great for the fans of the series and Dark Samus bolsters Metroid's small cast presence in the series. I'm even happy about millionth Fire Emblem character Chrom because he sort of got screwed over in the last game by only appearing as a final smash (that wouldn't even ever show up in any real competitive games). Hopefully there are a few more unexpected echoes in addition to all the ones we already want or think will be there.

Richter coming in opened up doors for more third parties getting in of a franchise.

I mean hell it 90% confirms Shadow the Hedgehog.

The fact that we haven't seen a Shadow Assist Trophy is...concerning.

The fact that we haven't seen a Tingle Assist Trophy is...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information