+ Reply to Thread
Page 773 of 820 FirstFirst ... 273 673 723 763 771 772 773 774 775 783 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 16393

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

A 40 min final smash direct? They must have something interesting. Looking forward to it.

I pray for Waluigi

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

More on The Grinch, free talk about the leak, tldw;

Spoiler:

It seems like Incineroar came from trusted sources, and Banjo/Kazoie got in by knocking the cat out, during E3 was that Sakurai finally managed to secure that deal. Aparently Sonic was made from the ground up in 3 months, and Sakurai, bless his soul, probably had a GDD for B&K ready.

Many of the sources come from microsoft/rare side of stuff.

Incineroar being one of the youngest characters, who probably was selected and worked like Greninja, was still in early stages and was transfered into the DLC characters, so both main leaks are true, Vergben always had only part of the picture, as he wasn't wrong, but wasn't through, and The Grinch showing the full initial roster.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Then again, I'm just catching on during the final leg of the journey, some of his videos do look clickbaitey, so IDK.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Okay, can someone tell me what is going on with The Grinch and what he has to do with all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Okay, can someone tell me what is going on with The Grinch and what he has to do with all this?
    Grinch is the username of someone who supossedly leaked the entire roaster.

I have very low expectations regarding the amount of new characters. 2-4 would be my guess.

Regarding modes, I would really love to have an improved Smash Run mode massively playable online.

Also, I hope we get announcements regarding their DLC plans.

A season pass ? If so, my hope is that we know the content in advance (no ballot please!). Or at least announce or give obvious hints of the characters. Why ? Because I'd rather be disappointed now than hold hopes for months that my dream characters are in when they are not.

The big leak involves a printing company and the image posted included part of the next Grinch movie poster.

BTW, if you managed to get to today without getting spoiled, keep it up.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Ahh the direct is finally announced. 40 minutes is pretty long that's nearly doubles the last smash directs time (27 minutes I think).

Knowing my work schedule I will probably be working sadly.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Not that I won’t get hyped anyway, but I’m perfectly satisfied with the current roster, and don’t really care who gets in anymore. I just want a ton of single player content.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Grinch is the username of someone who supossedly leaked the entire roaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The big leak involves a printing company and the image posted included part of the next Grinch movie poster.
    Alright, so one of the two, or both. Fine.

As long as people aren't seriously considering the idea that Grinch is going to be in Smash.

I'm hoping that Incineroar doesn't get in, then again, I won't get this game for another year, assuming Pokemon Gen 8 looks enticing like I hope.

Alright, so one of the two, or both. Fine.

As long as people aren't seriously considering the idea that Grinch is going to be in Smash.
    It's the second one.

The leak primarily came from a guy who works at a company that makes displays and marquees snapchatting a pic of his desk and not realizing that what are presumably the plans for a Smash display product were on the desk was documentation about Smash that includes the alleged leak info

People call it the Grinch leak because since the company makes displays other than video games, a Grinch poster is visible in the shot.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I have very low expectations regarding the amount of new characters. 2-4 would be my guess.
    I'm in the same boat. Every non-echo newcomer has gotten a trailer so I'll be pleasantly surprised to get more than 2.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post

More on The Grinch, free talk about the leak, tldw;

Spoiler:

It seems like Incineroar came from trusted sources, and Banjo/Kazoie got in by knocking the cat out, during E3 was that Sakurai finally managed to secure that deal. Aparently Sonic was made from the ground up in 3 months, and Sakurai, bless his soul, probably had a GDD for B&K ready.

Many of the sources come from microsoft/rare side of stuff.

Incineroar being one of the youngest characters, who probably was selected and worked like Greninja, was still in early stages and was transfered into the DLC characters, so both main leaks are true, Vergben always had only part of the picture, as he wasn't wrong, but wasn't through, and The Grinch showing the full initial roster.

Then again, I'm just catching on during the final leg of the journey, some of his videos do look clickbaitey, so IDK.
    His argument in this video, at least, seems well-reasoned to me. Honestly, it’s like I’m reading the Quibbler for my news when the Daily Prophet has become a propaganda rag. Source Gaming, GameXplain, Alex from NLife, folks I usually enjoy listening to all seem committed to glossing over this thing. It’d be better if they just refused to comment, but they actually want to somehow convince people this is nothing?

Is it good that a leak happened? No, it’s not. But count me part of Team Real, what’s done is done. And the fact these guys are now acting like Nintendo’s damage control just screams of corporate throttling of freedom of the press.

It’ll be easy enough to compare the portrait of whoever gets revealed to the blurry counterpart and know for sure. If Nintendo had just given the people something new to chew on before now, instead of 1 months of basically radio silence, the pressure to find a leak might not have been as intense and quite as damaging. As it is, I don’t have much sympathy for Nintendo in how this played out, and I applaud the folks who aren’t afraid to give us their unbiased take on things.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I'm just grateful that tomorrow is a holiday here, as a direct at 3pm for me would be hard even for me to hide.

Mid week 6 to 5 update:

12 Characters left
    Diddy Kong, Zelda, Yoshi
    MetaKnight, Mewtwo, Lucas
    Roy, Robin,
    Mr G&W
    Olimar,
    Lil Mac, Bayonetta

When new characters are revealed, they are taken to top priority, and on Belmond/Echo/Krool day we got like 2 of them in one day, so it can fit comfortably with the small leak, and they would need to scrunch a little for the big one.

Also strange that today we didn't get any music, that makes me want to cry some bloddy tears.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    Gruntilda's Lair Medley arranged by ACe+
    Last edited by MetaMario; October 31st, 2018 at 06:46 AM.

Watching the direct without being spoiled. Hoooo boy, I'm excited!
    Last edited by Wintermute; October 31st, 2018 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Lol it's on the 1st dammit XD
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Now every YouTuber except papa Geno goes "fake because my sources says so". Tomorrow will be interesting.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    His argument in this video, at least, seems well-reasoned to me. Honestly, it’s like I’m reading the Quibbler for my news when the Daily Prophet has become a propaganda rag. Source Gaming, GameXplain, Alex from NLife, folks I usually enjoy listening to all seem committed to glossing over this thing. It’d be better if they just refused to comment, but they actually want to somehow convince people this is nothing?

Is it good that a leak happened? No, it’s not. But count me part of Team Real, what’s done is done. And the fact these guys are now acting like Nintendo’s damage control just screams of corporate throttling of freedom of the press.

It’ll be easy enough to compare the portrait of whoever gets revealed to the blurry counterpart and know for sure. If Nintendo had just given the people something new to chew on before now, instead of 1 months of basically radio silence, the pressure to find a leak might not have been as intense and quite as damaging. As it is, I don’t have much sympathy for Nintendo in how this played out, and I applaud the folks who aren’t afraid to give us their unbiased take on things.
    Every credible insider I've seen is doubting the leak.

And they're doing "damage control" because said people are also getting attacked for discrediting it. They want fans to keep their expectations in check and not go rabid on industry insiders, who have their reputation at stake. And they seem confident.

Plus, I would think someone called PapaGeno wouldn't be the most unbiased source for a "leak" that involves Geno.
    Last edited by King Cannon; November 1st, 2018 at 04:47 AM.

Yeah, *someone's* gonna be proven extremely wrong. Open the floodgates Samurai.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information