+ Reply to Thread
Page 784 of 819 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,680 of 16363

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

I'm surprised we will be getting corporate choices, that makes that one leak (of Minecraft, square, and the other gacha from the dragalia company) disturbingly possible. But also leans to a gen8 and fe16 characters to line up with those games
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Oh, how magnificent this seventh day of the eleventh month.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

huge breakdown.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also Nintendo confirmed the feather in G&W's fsmash will be removed
    Hidden:

A few of the choices are bound to be promotional for new games. Unfortunately this drastically lowers the chance for more joke characters
    Last edited by NateRich; November 7th, 2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: I want to beat up someone with a Tetris block

The spirit count is around 400 according to GX. That is both neat and terrifying.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm just going to go ahead and assume all DLC characters will be stupid, which leaves me in the spot where it's time to get more hyped about the current roster.
    Got a conservative idea of the ones I'd like to use already:

Spoiler:

Top four I'm using for sure no matter what. The rest I really want to try out due to liking them in Smash 4 or being interesting new additions. Of course though, I want to try everyone.
    Link if anyone wants to make theirs:
    https://apps.warchamp7.com/smash/rosterUlt/

Cue five people making rosters of just piranha plant.

Here's my pre-emptive list:

Hidden:

I did the same thing as Nephy. Honestly, all the new additions are on my 'want to try list', but I didn't want to throttle this website's bandwidth with a massive image a full several more character panels in size, so I limited it to the most important.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I'm just going to go ahead and assume all DLC characters will be stupid
    Stupid as in shouldn't be in the game or stupid as in gag characters? Because I doubt it'll be the latter.

Stupid as "corporate mandate" or "flavorless because they were chosen by aliance and comite, and not fan request or moveset potential"

Anyways: I lost mine and I'm currently struggling against image hosting sites, so my planed mains are:

Ness!!
    Ice Climbers!!
    Mr. Game & Watch!!
    Toon Link!!
    Megaman!!
    Richter!!
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The idea i've seen is that the DLC characters will be more current to promote titles - similar to Corrin and Bayonetta. But it's not like we can get a good grasp from the first reveal either way.

At the very worst - hey, more songs and stages to jam to.

Yeah some of the 5 are probably characters we don't know about yet. I'm looking forward to the movesets though. The newcomers in this game and DLC from last have generally beem more intricate than the first 60 or so characters. It's cool to see how creative some of the new ones are and all the visual details. Like how Inkling refills ink or how Inceneroar is so disappointed in itself when it misses an attack.

Spoiler:

We haven't had both small Links in the same game yet so I want to figure out which one I like more. One of the them will booted out.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    The idea i've seen is that the DLC characters will be more current to promote titles - similar to Corrin and Bayonetta. But it's not like we can get a good grasp from the first reveal either way.

At the very worst - hey, more songs and stages to jam to.
    Reminder that Bayonetta 3 was announced during the 2017 VGA and it was almost a year ago with 2018 VGA less than a month away. And ever since that we got nothing else.

None of them will be from an Advance Wars title obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

All these diverse new characters and I'm probably just going to end up maining Ganondorf again.

Since at least one of the DLC characters is probably going to be an advertisement for an upcoming game, what Nintendo published games do we know are in development?

-Bayonetta 3 (Maybe Jeanne. Might be too similar)
    -"Open-air" Zelda game (Doubt it. There'll probably be at least one "marketable" new character, but BoTW 2 doesn't need advertising)
    -New Monolithsoft IP (Maybe? Who knows)
    -Pikmin (Doubt it. Can't see any potentially new characters playing differently to Olimar unless they add a ton of new Pikmin types)
    -Unknown Retro Studios game (rumored to be Star Fox: Grand Prix) (Who knows)
    -Luigi's Mansion 3 (Highly unlikely, but maybe E. Gadd or King Boo)
    -Fire Emblem: Three Houses (The most likely one, given what we know)
    -Metroid Prime 4 ​(Probably not, although I can imagine that Nintendo would want to advertise it in any way it can given the series's iffy sales history. So if there's some major new character, who knows)
    -Pokemon Gen 8 (Second most likely, given what we know)
    -Yoshi's Crafted World (Hard no)
    -NSMBU Deluxe (Hard no)
    -Animal Crossing Switch (Unlikely, but I can actually see Tom Nook)
    -And while it hasn't been confirmed, there's been some official art teasing at something related to The Wonderful 101 on Switch (If real, then decent chance).

I think that's it. Personally, I'd like something from the mystery Retro or Monolithsoft games. Give me something fresh instead of yet another Fire Emblem, Pokemon, or Mario character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

My guesses:

- Minecraft Steve
    - Something squeenix, maybe Bravely Default 3 protag
    - Fire Emblem three houses main character, Edelgard
    - Random bullshit we don't expect
    - Random bullshit we don't expect

For the random bullshit slot, the ones I find somewhat possible that I'd be down for:
    - Elma with announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles X2
    - Chorus Kids with announcement of Rhythm Heaven Switch game
    - Gen 8 Grass starter, ideally cool-looking

Stuff I find extremely unlikely but would be cool:
    - Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask
    - just add Dixie already, ffs

I get why Steve can happen but I just cannot see him in Smash.

I will prepare the fork to eat my words just in case tho.

I think that in one of today's second update of the blog, there is the mach Rider spirit.

Bottom right:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hinawa is also there.

I'm bracing myself for the inevitable Claus spirit.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, one of those hands on Smash events is happening near me tomorrow and I'm 100% going. I'll report back to you guys what it was like.

I expect long lines so I don't know how much I'll get to play but is there anything about any of the characters or the physics anyone wants to know? I intend to try Mario first to see how the physics changed, then K. Rool because of course I am.

Then if I get more goes, not sure. Thinking Simon Belmont and the Inklings have to be tried right?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information