+ Reply to Thread
Page 790 of 791 FirstFirst ... 290 690 740 780 788 789 790 791 LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,800 of 15814

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

All these diverse new characters and I'm probably just going to end up maining Ganondorf again.

Since at least one of the DLC characters is probably going to be an advertisement for an upcoming game, what Nintendo published games do we know are in development?

-Bayonetta 3 (Maybe Jeanne. Might be too similar)
    -"Open-air" Zelda game (Doubt it. There'll probably be at least one "marketable" new character, but BoTW 2 doesn't need advertising)
    -New Monolithsoft IP (Maybe? Who knows)
    -Pikmin (Doubt it. Can't see any potentially new characters playing differently to Olimar unless they add a ton of new Pikmin types)
    -Unknown Retro Studios game (rumored to be Star Fox: Grand Prix) (Who knows)
    -Luigi's Mansion 3 (Highly unlikely, but maybe E. Gadd or King Boo)
    -Fire Emblem: Three Houses (The most likely one, given what we know)
    -Metroid Prime 4 ​(Probably not, although I can imagine that Nintendo would want to advertise it in any way it can given the series's iffy sales history. So if there's some major new character, who knows)
    -Pokemon Gen 8 (Second most likely, given what we know)
    -Yoshi's Crafted World (Hard no)
    -NSMBU Deluxe (Hard no)
    -Animal Crossing Switch (Unlikely, but I can actually see Tom Nook)
    -And while it hasn't been confirmed, there's been some official art teasing at something related to The Wonderful 101 on Switch (If real, then decent chance).

I think that's it. Personally, I'd like something from the mystery Retro or Monolithsoft games. Give me something fresh instead of yet another Fire Emblem, Pokemon, or Mario character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

My guesses:

- Minecraft Steve
    - Something squeenix, maybe Bravely Default 3 protag
    - Fire Emblem three houses main character, Edelgard
    - Random bullshit we don't expect
    - Random bullshit we don't expect

For the random bullshit slot, the ones I find somewhat possible that I'd be down for:
    - Elma with announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles X2
    - Chorus Kids with announcement of Rhythm Heaven Switch game
    - Gen 8 Grass starter, ideally cool-looking

Stuff I find extremely unlikely but would be cool:
    - Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask
    - just add Dixie already, ffs

I get why Steve can happen but I just cannot see him in Smash.

I will prepare the fork to eat my words just in case tho.

I think that in one of today's second update of the blog, there is the mach Rider spirit.

Bottom right:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hinawa is also there.

I'm bracing myself for the inevitable Claus spirit.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, one of those hands on Smash events is happening near me tomorrow and I'm 100% going. I'll report back to you guys what it was like.

I expect long lines so I don't know how much I'll get to play but is there anything about any of the characters or the physics anyone wants to know? I intend to try Mario first to see how the physics changed, then K. Rool because of course I am.

Then if I get more goes, not sure. Thinking Simon Belmont and the Inklings have to be tried right?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Inklings 100%.

I want to know how Ganondorf changed, though. Or Mewto...
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

If you are looking to share information, go with either new ones, or the old ones that you feel like have mastered the most and can give tons of feedback.

Bring back your experience.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Now that we've got another starter, one fire one water really want my grass starter

I'm not counting pokemon trainer of course since it's a three in one

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    If you are looking to share information, go with either new ones, or the old ones that you feel like have mastered the most and can give tons of feedback.

Bring back your experience.
    That's why I intend to start with Mario. Seeing the differences there will help me assess what's changed gameplay wise IE Physics and speed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Here's the list of characters that i will be playing in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Kamen Rider OOOs

There now. In the massive line. Now we wait...

gl hf;
    SW-4128-8032-0729

kinda predicted but Kyle Hebert confirmed (on a Fire Emblem charity stream) that Ryu's voice clips are just recycled from Smash 4.

They have 10 stations. Two are running Labo demos, two are for Pokémon Let's Go... but aren't running yet, or weren't when we got here, two are running Mario Party... and nobody is playing those two... one has Just Dance, one is Overcooked 2, one is Mario Kart 8 for some reason... and ONE is Smash.... doing 4 players at a time..........

Here is the display.

Hidden:

We are next. Oddly, they are insisting we can take photos and videos of anything EXCEPT the CSS..... wonder why?....

UPDATE:

Got to play!!! Full thoughts coming later tonight when I get home with a keyboard but game feels NOTICEABLY faster.

Hidden:

Watched some other videos.
    Falcon has recycled voice clips.
    YLink is voiced by Fujiko Takimoto like he usually is but a lot of them *seemed* 1:1 to Melee's?
    unlike MK8 you don't hear Isabelle's speaking sfx. She is silent like Villager.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    unlike MK8 you don't hear Isabelle's speaking sfx. She is silent like Villager.
    That's awesome. Isabelle's speaking sfx in Mario Kart 8 are the reason I don't use her in there, and opt instead of female villager. She sounds terrible.

There was an image that actually compared all the voice status, but i can't remember where it was.

I do remember Kirby, Ice Climbers, and YLink were in the category of "mostly recycled, with some new clips thrown in"

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Falco got new clips too.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information