Default Re: Super Smash Bros

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Maxterdexter was a true prophet!
    Ahem!

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...=1#post3920302

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Played for a few hours yesterday. Found out I am worse in this game than I could ever have thought.
    Honestly, making the control be on the (and only on the) analogue stick is criminal. I can't tell how many times already I tried to go for a side special only for the up special to come out instead. And god, all the accidental jumping can be annoying (you can turn it off on Smash mode, but apparently not on the others?).
    I seriously hope this is some sort of fine control I will develop later because the character not doing what I was trying to do happens just way too often, to a point of being detrimental to the fun (honestly, why not have the control be on the pad????).

That said, fun hours regardless. Got lucky to get Incineroar early, as it was the character I was hoping to play the most, and damn if he isn't just as fun as I was expecting.
    No jump up can be set in all modes, you have to pick your name in the mode for it to be active. The stick tho, I don't know what to say. Go a little slower for now
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Seriously Kap'n spirit? Shove off

*startled Catra noises*

Just got back from Target with the game.

Nintendo Rep was there and asked to take a pic of me holding all the amiibo and the game I bought. Was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    No jump up can be set in all modes, you have to pick your name in the mode for it to be active. The stick tho, I don't know what to say. Go a little slower for now
    THANK YOU! That helped a lot.

As for the other part, as long as I know it is a problem with me and not something everybody has I can hope to attune myself eventually.

Persona eh? I suppose that fills the slot of "obscure japanese character" for the five?

I'd love to see 2B in the series, but I reckon the last 4 will be the following.

1. Some old throwback character from the NES era.
    2. A fire emblem character from the upcoming three houses game.
    3. Either another pokemon or third party character from Square Enix or a western company.
    4. Waluigi.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Who said Joker/Rem is an obscure character? Have you ever seen the Persona fandom?

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway Rocco_Modern's Avatar

Can you play online via handheld mode?
    Try your best to be a man and your worst to be a monster

Joker.

"Obscure Japanese Character".

LMAO

Not even close.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

20 characters atm. Didn't start with classic - NESS was the first one I unlocked.

As an impulse I bought the fighter pass (I know, I know...) but I also started a separate Switch profile for the "meat" of the Smash experience with me and my brother to share. I'm *fairly* certain the code (or rather, the DLC) *can* be shared. It's not a huge deal if I can't....anyways, the third account was created so we won't have to constantly log into our separate accounts and reconfigure everything

But I realize if I ever get the Switch online, the two of us have friends tied to our individual profiles so it'd be individual logging in anyways.

tl;dr I might have overcomplicated this, but the game is pretty rad.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-award...ultimate-news/
    Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime says that's the plan. All of the characters coming to Smash's DLC will be characters from games new to the series he said, and all of them will be unexpected. Sadly, Nintendo didn't have anything else to reveal about the new character -- no in game footage, no screenshots and no hints.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Who said Joker/Rem is an obscure character? Have you ever seen the Persona fandom?
    Obsucre probably wasn't the right word, but like Shulk from the last game, he fits that role of "Japanese character that a sizable chunk of video game players in the west don't know about"

I know Persona has a huge fanbase, but even I was like..."huh..oh right that game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Obsucre probably wasn't the right word, but like Shulk from the last game, he fits that role of "Japanese character that a sizable chunk of video game players in the west don't know about"

I know Persona has a huge fanbase, but even I was like..."huh..oh right that game!"
    The game was on the list for game of the year last year within the same game awards. It's very much not even in the category of obscurity of Shulk.

Took a nap before work and come to find out my 4 year old unlocked Young Link, Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Ike while he was supposed to be asleep too.

*startled Catra noises*

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    The game was on the list for game of the year last year within the same game awards. It's very much not even in the category of obscurity of Shulk.

Guess it was just me then! I haven't paid any attention to the Persona games, so it flew under my radar.

Hidden:

Got my copy!!!! Can't wait, gonna stream my first time playing tonight in about 3 hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Played the entire night after work yesterday and didn't even manage to unlock half of the roster yet. This game is gonna occupy a tremendous amount of my time.
    I'm doing it through classic mode cause that feels the most "correct" to me. I'm not gonna cheese this baby.

In doing so, I've discovered I'm terrible with Jigglypuff *shrug*.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Took a nap before work and come to find out my 4 year old unlocked Young Link, Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Ike while he was supposed to be asleep too.
    Lol, only kids can be worse than siblings. I know why I sit on my copy like a dragon on a treasure.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

One real negative this game has so far is the unlocking. The AIs are unnecessarily difficult and losing to them makes it a real pain in the ass especially if its a character you want.

EDIT: Ok. Found the way to instantly re-challenge the fighters you lose to. In the "Games and More" option on the homescreen there is a door on the bottom right of the screen. That's where you go.
    Last edited by KzTxL7; December 7th, 2018 at 05:10 PM.

Yeah, this game is really kicking my butt. I know I've never been particularly great at the series, but I lost to two characters in a row (Bowser and Captain Falcon). I'm also really, really bad at the Spirits challenges. D:

It doesn't help that I'm yet to unlock any of the characters I'm better with.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information