+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Asura's Wrath: THE EPITOME OF MANLINESS!

Default Re: Asura's Wrath: THE EPITOME OF MANLINESS!

Demo is out in JP... but people so far aren't THAT impressed

I like that we are getting a different set of myths to go with. It seems heavily cinematic though. But hey it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Demo is out in JP... but people so far aren't THAT impressed
    Not impressed with the controls or general flow of the game?

I cant see why people arent impressed...unless the controls and flow dont make sense...which I can understand. The shooting of punches have been questionable for me...but the graphics made me forget all that.

Well dunno the gameplay is boring in my eyes

Demo is out on PSN, if you can download it without interruptions

It's an interactive anime.

Really... that's what I just played.

In fact... I played it months ago when I clicked the left button of my mouse to play the youtube video.

But seriously... it's all quicktime and barely any gameplay. The closest idea of gameplay I got from the demo was the moon boss fight where you were actually given control of Asura. And booooooy is it bland. You can jump, punch, throw your useless fireballs, annnnnd... that's about it. As you've all seen from the clips, you just smash away until you've filled up your meter to get yourself a burst and continue to the next cutscene.

I mean... if somehow the game pulled a decent combat system out of it's ass, with upgrades and what not... it might be worth it... but I seriously doubt that.
    It's kinda disappointing.... given that I REALLY like the design of the game and the fight choreography. It is really badass. But alas..

I've never been one to dislike quick time cutscenes. I've just never really seen them used well alongside a strong gameplay system.

I'll check it out from work... beat it in a night... and never touch it again.

As expected. Won't even bother downloading the demo. If it comes to Redbox I'll rent it, probably a fuck easy Platinum.

No, theres no need to download it.

If you've seen both the boss fights on youtube video's... then you've seen what the demo has to offer and are missing out on the 15% that is gameplay.

played the demo..
    Seems so much like GOW..only in Japan style instead of greek gods in terms of story and gameplay
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    played the demo..
    Seems so much like GOW..only in Japan style instead of greek gods in terms of story and gameplay
    With the difference that GOW had at least a bit of gameplay...

While I haven't played the demo personally, it seems that the demo only covers boss fights, the most QTE parts of the game. Isn't there supposed to be a "running around beat 'em up" portion as well?

shit like this. This is still in the game, right? Just not in the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    While I haven't played the demo personally, it seems that the demo only covers boss fights, the most QTE parts of the game. Isn't there supposed to be a "running around beat 'em up" portion as well?

shit like this. This is still in the game, right? Just not in the demo?
    That's hilarious.

But I said it before, and I'll say it again.

These people are aware there are shows... and animated movies right?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

I just want to say, everything Gekko said about the demo is the exact same thoughts I had after playing it.

I love the character designs, the setting, the over-the-top DBZ-esque feel of it, but the gameplay....

I really, really, really hope that not all boss fights will be Quick Time, button mashing cutscenes. Hopefully, there will be more to the game than this.
    If there's an option to get a different variety of attacks, some upgrades, instead of just punching wildly at an enemy, then that would make me a happy camper.
    I'm still going to play this game, but I probably going to wait until reviews come out before I decide to either pay full price or rent it.

Just played the demo, it looked cool and everything, very spectacular and all that. Don't think I'll be paying 40 for it though.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

I seriously dunno what will happen if you change into "hard mode"

Will we have even more QTE or what... the demo is really really dissapointing I will wait for the full game

The QTE prompts will most likely just appear on the screen late giving you very little time to perform them. Some games hide the prompts all together in higher difficulties, but that just isn't possible for this game.

Just played the Demo also...I am blown away by the depth of the graphics...but I cant get over the controls...its...werid...

The large use of QTE's are fine to me for bridging climactic moments within the fight's themselves... it's like an anime.

The only problem is the user controlled combat between these epic scenes is about as generic and dated as it comes. It feels... LAZY.

movement isn't responsive, no depth or variety in attacks... just one or two buttons... the fireball attack feels useless... and you have an invincible state you can activate that just makes you glow so you can pound away and get the next QTE to happen.

Capcom really missed a good opportunity here. The sheer strength of the design and graphics for a new IP would have lended itself sooooo well along side some good core gameplay!! Imagine QTE's like these being great moments to move the story of each battle along with cinematic flair and in between, you'd have devil may cry/bayonetta style of combat.... with different weapons, attacks, upgrades... and mechanics (counter moves, charge moves, meaningful dodging, etc).

My brain would explode!

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Played the demo just now.

Guys, I'm confused.

By very definition a game demo is supposed to provide you with a sample of the gameplay so you can try it out and even gain the interest to purchase the final product but...where do actually PLAY this game? Did I do something wrong here, did I download a video by mistake? I just hope I'm not loosing my mind...

Buy it when it's 20$. I realized a long time ago from the videos that the game was gonna be mostly QTE's, and so I decided to treat it as an interactive anime.

That way, I can't be disappointed when I buy it, since I clearly know I did not buy a video game.

Edit:

"In Asura, it's not about whether you're successful or whether you fail. It's all about synchronising - you move the sticks apart and he spreads his arms out, you press down and he stomps his foot. You're mimicking his movements and synchronizing with him. It's more of a different take on QTEs, and we don't like to call it that, so instead of a quick time event we prefer to call it a player driven event."

It's an approach that has already proved cause for concern, with a demo releasing last week to a generally negative response. "There have been a lot of mixed comments about the gameplay and how the story balances out against the gameplay," admits Matsuyara. "We think that's happened because people are comparing it to a lot of other games they've played before.

"We've seen a lot of comments that people want the game to be more like Bayonetta, for example. If you want to play a God of War type of game, play God of War, and if you want to play a Bayonetta type of game, play Bayonetta
    ."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-24-asuras-wrath-preview-rage-against-the-machine

well...*cough*...um...guess I'll be watching this anime on youtube then. And I kinda noticed the QTE don't do anything, all it says is good or excellent if you press them.

You know this game has 2 playable characters? Crazy right?
    Last edited by Jack; January 24th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information