Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Threads being duplicated.

Default Threads being duplicated.

There are too many new people & people in general aiming to make a thread to become popular and end up making a dupe of a thread or some retarded retard. I believe APforums should take these things more seriously because it gets annoying mainly whenever they think that the people posting are being serious by mocking the original poster. There has to be some way to find out if threads were made before or not.. My suggestions:
    -Search needs to be fixed because i can't find anything with it.
    -When a person first logs in they should have to go through a page that states the rules of thread making in a sentence or two.
    -Trolling & "vs" thread making/stupid thread making should be taken more seriously rather then the usual "/thread close"
    - Stupid threads should be deleted instead of locked so it won't waste space on the pages
    -Dupe threads should be closed so that they won't end up being bumped: (ex: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=10091&page=8)
    I hope the staff takes some of this into consideration
    ~~~
    P.S: Sometimes merging would be a better option then closing a thread

Examples of threads that should be deleted/merged:
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=33244
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=33209
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=33153
    -http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=10091&page=8 These two should be merged
    -http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=1701 These should be merged.
    Last edited by DraculeMihawk; June 25th, 2011 at 10:37 PM.

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

Default Re: Threads being duplicated.

-When a person first logs in they should have to go through a page that states the rules of thread making in a sentence or two.
    That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    That's the worst idea I've ever heard.
    I was referring to the first log in ever, sorry if you misunderstood. If you didn't misunderstand then i don't believe its a bad idea - people seem to agree to the rules in registration because it's to long to read and they don't care. But when it's your first time logging in and you see a sentence saying "check for threads of the same idea" and "Dont make versus threads" you won't be too lazy to read that. Overall i believe there has to be a way to get the information to the user their first time logging in so they will automatically fit in Apforums.

I don't think you realize how powerful the insurgency for versus threads once was. We don't have a problem with versus threads, you don't want to know what the real thing looks like.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Hey, sit down. Take a load off. Look around and stay awhile before you start in on your suggesting things that have been talking about over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by DraculeMihawk View Post
    I hope i won't have to see how much power some people have when it comes to idiotic thread making/trolling toward versus threads as you mentioned. But surely it won't return and the point of this suggestion is to assure it won't return.
    Also so new problems such as duplicate threads and spam won't occur.
    You think your suggestions could bring down the insurgents of the past?

What a cute child you are, born long past those days, those days of the Phenom Wars....

Well, im guessing that this isn't even going to be suggested?

What do you want, exactly? We merge/delete/close threads all the time for this reason. Most of us just don't spend much time in the anime and general OP subforums.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    What do you want, exactly? We merge/delete/close threads all the time for this reason. Most of us just don't spend much time in the anime and general OP subforums.
    I would like threads to be deleted, the search bar improved, some threads merged instead of being closed/left. Also I would like so that when its the first time ever logging in there is a page that states the rules of thread making in few words so they bother to read it and don't make stupid threads. Also the rules being enforced a little more - because to tell the truth in most threads like the ones i have listed above was practically ignored. My overall goal of making this thread was to suggest that the rules of thread making was enforced and for the mods to not just close threads but to merge (like the two i have listed above) and sometimes even delete (like the other ones i listed above) because their just a waste of space on the FIRST page of the sub forum.
    P.S. it may sound like i am ranting but i am not, keep in mind I'm just suggesting this because I've noticed new people don't read the rules and just go willy nilly on thread making.

DraculeMihawk for immediate mod!

Support his dictatorial utopia!

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

the usurper! the usurper of arlong park!

Oh well guess this isn't going to be taken seriously; well it was worth a try :\.

I would like threads to be deleted, the search bar improved, some threads merged instead of being closed/left. Also I would like so that when its the first time ever logging in there is a page that states the rules of thread making in few words so they bother to read it and don't make stupid threads. Also the rules being enforced a little more - because to tell the truth in most threads like the ones i have listed above was practically ignored. My overall goal of making this thread was to suggest that the rules of thread making was enforced and for the mods to not just close threads but to merge (like the two i have listed above) and sometimes even delete (like the other ones i listed above) because their just a waste of space on the FIRST page of the sub forum.
    P.S. it may sound like i am ranting but i am not, keep in mind I'm just suggesting this because I've noticed new people don't read the rules and just go willy nilly on thread making.
    First, don't tell us how to do our job or accuse us of not doing it. Deleting threads usually results in people being confused and remaking them. Closing usually does the trick, and we have additional measures we can take when we need to, including banning people from thread creation. You want me to enforce the rules better? How about I start with your signature that's too big?

Even if you throw the rules in peoples' faces, they won't read it. Hell, people have a hard enough time reading posts that they're quoting. There are sort of a lot of rules, anyway, and thread creation isn't somehow more important than the rest. If anything, that honor goes to spoiler rules. Most importantly, you can't stop people from being dumb by telling them not to be dumb. It doesn't work that way.

The VBulletin search just sucks in general. Not much we can do about that. Attempting to tweak it is on the list of things we want to upgrade/update, but it's harder than you probably think it is.

2 of the first 3 threads you posted were closed, and for good reason. It doesn't help anything to merge them since they were dumb and pointless in the first place. The first could have probably also been closed, but since the anime episode in question just aired, it seemed fine to leave it for a bit. The last two threads you mentioned are different from each other, as the best moments in the anime and manga can differ easily.

In the end, you accuse us of not enforcing the rules, and you didn't even manage to find a good instance of it in all your examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    First, don't tell us how to do our job or accuse us of not doing it.

Most importantly, you can't stop people from being dumb by telling them not to be dumb. It doesn't work that way.

In the end, you accuse us of not enforcing the rules, and you didn't even manage to find a good instance of it in all your examples.
    First off, I'd like to say this is a suggestion thread and I'm not telling you how to do your job, I'm making an suggestion. It may sound like I'm demanding or ranting but I'm not. Just a mere suggestion you may close it and ignore it if you want, you don't have to reply to me.
    It's not that people are dumb, I'm sure they aren't it's just they don't realize how APforums works; they think it's a chat/blog where you just ask questions and boom answers and that is the end of the thread. They don't realize there are threads for questions that don't deserve their thread, etc. I can prove this fact to you; that if they knew they rules they wouldn't make those threads.
    I don't accuse you of not enforcing the rules, i accuse you of your enforcing to be fairly weak; maybe they should get a PM like a friendly tip saying not to make threads like that, or something. I'm not saying turn APforums into a military camp I'm just saying members should be informed when making a mistake so when they make a mistake they can fix it. If somebody makes a thread that's stupid, you know what happens? Complete mockery. If i see a dumb thread I'll tip them. I'm sorry if i accused a mod of not doing his work, i really am not trying to do that. The main point of this is to end trolling and mockery. You guys seem to think i am demanding that the mods do a better job but I'm not referring to the mods to much as I am to get to the members the point. If the members became informed they wouldn't do whats against the rules. If I'm going to far with this, or crossing the line please feel free to close it.

This is like the people that come here and whine about no rep or visible post count.

If we are lucky, then by the time you read this, I will be dead. If fate frowns, we all perish. The North-Western Mine is located at reference N81.6914, W58.3154. Kill them. Kill them all.

I don't accuse you of not enforcing the rules, i accuse you of your enforcing to be fairly weak
    Lol... that's just... fix your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    This is like the people that come here and whine about no rep or visible post count.

...There are people whining about post counts?

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    ...There are people whining about post counts?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31230
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31277

16 characters of lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL
    believe me, we don't need to see how many awful contributions you've made to the forum
    we only need to see one

Closed Thread

Thread Information