+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 981

Thread: CAPCOM SUCKS thread

  1. #61
    POE WUN BGR Robby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Not gonna happen. They haven't done a Breath of Fire game in HOW long? Its been 11 years since BoF4 on the PLAYSTATION.... And Dragon Quarter which came a short time after that, was... not a Breath of Fire game.

    Its also a dead franchise. Which sucks, because I really enjoyed it. Part 2 especially.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    oh yah. As a mod I probably shouldn't be letting a thread with the title "FUCK" running around. I don't really care and neither do the sub mods that have already been here, and no one seems offended so far, and Capcom deserves it, but it IS an all ages board. And this thread might be around for a while.

    SO.

    Any other colorful euphemisms that can be used instead? We can make a game of it. Best insult/exclamation of hate gets to be thread title.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

  2. #62

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Capcom: How to destroy a fanbase

  3. #63
    All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Annapolis, Maryland, USA

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Pains me since, yes, I will be more than likely buying RE4HD.
    Same here, but hey it comes from a time when they didn't completely piss off their talent (plus its one of my favorite games of all time), so maybe theres SOME hope left.

  4. #64

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    The current title. Everyone knows what profanity is.

  5. #65
    Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Capcom, congratulations on finally succeeding in burning every possible bridge you have.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  6. #66

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Not gonna happen. They haven't done a Breath of Fire game in HOW long? Its been 11 years since BoF4 on the PLAYSTATION.... And Dragon Quarter which came a short time after that, was... not a Breath of Fire game.

    Its also a dead franchise. Which sucks, because I really enjoyed it. Part 2 especially.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    oh yah. As a mod I probably shouldn't be letting a thread with the title "FUCK" running around. I don't really care and neither do the sub mods that have already been here, and no one seems offended so far, and Capcom deserves it, but it IS an all ages board. And this thread might be around for a while.

    SO.

    Any other colorful euphemisms that can be used instead? We can make a game of it. Best insult/exclamation of hate gets to be thread title.
    Honestly, if no one complains, I'd say let it be.

    Plus, they deserve it, and censoring it would just end up making the point far less blunt.

    Something they do not deserve.

  7. #67
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    There's always **** or F*CK or the every colorful FUCKETY FUCK CAPCOM

    alternatively EAT DICKS CAPCOM or EAT SHIT and DIE Capcom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  8. #68
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    CRAPCOM is as CRAPCOM does.

  9. #69
    Cook of Big Mom Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Not gonna happen. They haven't done a Breath of Fire game in HOW long? Its been 11 years since BoF4 on the PLAYSTATION.... And Dragon Quarter which came a short time after that, was... not a Breath of Fire game.

    Its also a dead franchise. Which sucks, because I really enjoyed it. Part 2 especially.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    oh yah. As a mod I probably shouldn't be letting a thread with the title "FUCK" running around. I don't really care and neither do the sub mods that have already been here, and no one seems offended so far, and Capcom deserves it, but it IS an all ages board. And this thread might be around for a while.

    SO.

    Any other colorful euphemisms that can be used instead? We can make a game of it. Best insult/exclamation of hate gets to be thread title.
    True that, sad as it is.

  10. #70
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    BOF2 & 3 were great. BOF3 especially, the story & characterisation were superb. Rei is the best.

  11. #71

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    I don't think I've played much of BoF 3 to really rate it. I did like 1, 2 and 4 tho. Although saying that. I tried to play 4 a few weeks back and found it really really hard to get into.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

  12. #72

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    I liked BOF3 for how colorful the world was, but all the characters sorta lose thier developments in the timeskip. My favorite part about the game is how it would throw all these different gimmicks to make each adventure different. I liked BOF2 mianly for the awesome character design and the overall adventure. The secret ending gave me a warm feeling. BOF4 was... Well it had really good sprite-work and did a much better job at making the separate cultures and races in the world apparent. But I didn't like the story at all much. It was really slow paced and a tad bit boring most of the time.

    And I'm one of those that actually liked Dragon Quarter. All those underlining qaulities that made a Breath of Fire game was there, but the whole survival dungeon crawl aspect kinda overshadowed them. I just wished the game focused a bit more on the setting, races and showed more about how the ranking system affected everyone living underground. That said, the ending for that game was beautiful to me... and normally BoF endings are awful.

  13. #73
    Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I still don't get why they're not localizing AAI 2. Isn't the AA series one of the more profitable DS games aside from the mainstream games.
    The *claim* is that the first Investigations game sold poorly, even lower than Okamiden, but I've heard conflicting reports regarding this. Apparently there are some options being considered but it feels more like a token gesture than anything else. And honestly, from everything I've heard, most of the blame falls to Capcom for barely even making an effort to promote the game in the first place.

    Now I feel like buying Ghost Trick out of spite, but money managing is an issue, and that would be sending mixed messages, wouldn't it?
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  14. #74

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Ghost Trick is another one that was released to little hype. Although then again it did hold a chart position in Game for a few months till that and Golden Sun were reduced. I really need to go through it.

    Investigations was so hyped the first time I saw it was in a 10 bargain bin in Morrisons. Although then again I don't recall any of the Ace Attorney getting much attention in the UK. All of mine were US imports.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

  15. #75
    POE WUN BGR Robby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    And I'm one of those that actually liked Dragon Quarter. All those underlining qaulities that made a Breath of Fire game was there, but the whole survival dungeon crawl aspect kinda overshadowed them. I just wished the game focused a bit more on the setting, races and showed more about how the ranking system affected everyone living underground. That said, the ending for that game was beautiful to me... and normally BoF endings are awful.
    Dragon Quarter would have been a fine BoF TACTICS game... if they had ALLOWED YOU TO SAVE.

    It was a game designed around making you replay the game multiple times, (You literally could not get into a lot of areas until new game+) assumed you were going to die a lot, and it only gives you one save token every two or three hours after lengthy dungeon crawls. Really. WHAT THE HELL. Oh. And it punished you by killing you for using your powers at all. Or walking. Not even powered walking. Just. Walking. Or having a turn.

    I liked the designs, story, and the world and even the gameplay... but god they had a couple massive gameplay oversight issues.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

  16. #76

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Despite how I feel about Investigations (especially the last case) and Ace Attorney as a whole I'm very surprised Investigations didn't sell well. Or is it a matter of the game selling decently but not enough that Capcom expected.

  17. #77

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Dragon Quarter would have been a fine BoF TACTICS game... if they had ALLOWED YOU TO SAVE.

    It was a game designed around making you replay the game multiple times, (You literally could not get into a lot of areas until new game+) assumed you were going to die a lot, and it only gives you one save token every two or three hours after lengthy dungeon crawls. Really. WHAT THE HELL. Oh. And it punished you by killing you for using your powers at all. Or walking. Not even powered walking. Just. Walking. Or having a turn.

    I liked the designs, story, and the world and even the gameplay... but god they had a couple massive gameplay oversight issues.
    Yeah. I see the game more as an experimental spinoff more than anything. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it.

    But you see. Here's this thing I figured out after I was already done with the game. It's the SOL system. Upon using a Save Point, you can go off into any dungeon, use as much of the broken overpowered dragon powers if you want(really), rank in alot of treasures and party EXP, place what you want inside a locker THEN literally reverse time(SOL Restore) to where you last saved with ALL your Party EXP and stuff in the locker intact(the Dragon Counter reverts back to how it was too). I just wished I knew how abusable the system was when I first owned the game...
    Last edited by Hiroy; July 19th, 2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: The Save Token thing was a bit dumb I'll admit, though I hear other releases start you off with 10 rather than 1.

  18. #78
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I liked BOF3 for how colorful the world was, but all the characters sorta lose thier developments in the timeskip. My favorite part about the game is how it would throw all these different gimmicks to make each adventure different. I
    Spoiler:
    Who do you feel loses out? Rei & Garr's are the only ones that really need to go anywhere post timeskip, and they do. Momo gets some that I wasn't even expecting.

  19. #79

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    I love the Breath of Fire series. And I love Dragons Quarter, even with it's stupid save system and dragon power. The overall tactical combat system, where you could make traps and blow monsters up was brilliant and fun. And they didn't give me a crappy ending like in BF3.

    And then they shoved the franchise away.


    Oh yeah, FUCK YOU CAPCOM


  20. #80

    Default Re: FUCK Capcom

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Spoiler:
    Who do you feel loses out? Rei & Garr's are the only ones that really need to go anywhere post timeskip, and they do. Momo gets some that I wasn't even expecting.
    Spoiler:

    Well, Rei sorta felt like a tag along until you encounter Teepo agian. It would have been nice if we learned a bit more about how he struggled living alone as a murderous Were Tiger. There was just so much potential for side events that would have made him atone for his sins.

    Nina and Momo's old role disappeared completely. Before they seemed to have a decent enough friendship with Ryu. I was to a point where I was trying to figure out if there was any real motivation for them to tag along on Ryu's quest aside from saving the world and all that. Maybe I'm forgetting some important details. Or maybe Nina only tagged along because she's like a poster girl for the series. And Peco... Well, I don't mind him. He was mute with an unexpected purpose.

    Garr I can agree with. He had a purpose to help Ryu forge the correct decisions after giving up his old duty. I liked him alot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts