+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: CAPCOM SUCKS thread

Default Re: FUCK Capcom

People have no clue how much this hurts me, Inafune has been my Idol ever since I heard his inspirational story about how he tried to pitch Megaman and Capcom told him "it wouldn't sell." Then it became their major cash cow.

As a kid, I looked forward to working with the guy as I joined Capcom. My 3rd year in college, not only does HE LEAVE CAPCOM, but they urinate all over my favorite franchises. This company single handedly shattered two of my dreams.

I think what's worse, is they probably won't do anything with Megaman for a while, but never give rights up to a company that will... Or they'll rehash MM 11-20 over and over because those are cheap to make.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Spoiler:

Well, Rei sorta felt like a tag along until you encounter Teepo agian. It would have been nice if we learned a bit more about how he struggled living alone as a murderous Were Tiger. There was just so much potential for side events that would have made him atone for his sins.

Nina and Momo's old role disappeared completely. Before they seemed to have a decent enough friendship with Ryu. I was to a point where I was trying to figure out if there was any real motivation for them to tag along on Ryu's quest aside from saving the world and all that. Maybe I'm forgetting some important details. Or maybe Nina only tagged along because she's like a poster girl for the series. And Peco... Well, I don't mind him. He was mute with an unexpected purpose.

Garr I can agree with. He had a purpose to help Ryu forge the correct decisions after giving up his old duty. I liked him alot.
    Spoiler:
    I would have loved more Rei stuff, he's one of my favourite video game characters ever, but I think there was enough. Becoming a weretiger was his own choice, so it was more living with the loss of Ryu & Teepo. Between Syn City and teepo, we do get nuggets of the kind of guy he's become, looking at some of the macabre comments he makes in tent dialogue. His dialogue with Nina's mother was the funniest thing. From memory nina tags along because she likes ryu, and does not take kindly to her parents branding him a criminal. Momo has the whole sequence in the plant where she finds her fathers resurrection machine.

BoF 3 was great, because the mentor system let you customize abilties to your liking, so Rei could become CRAZY fast... and Garr could become CRAZY strong... and then you eventually learn a formation that gives the entire party the speed of whoever you have in front...

That desert sucked noodles though. I've contemplated replaying the game and decide not to sheerly because of the stupid end game desert. (never mind id you want to explore and find the items hidden in it.) ...and the vampires in the final hallway. Their status effects make them harder to deal with than the actual last boss.

BoF 2 was my favorite, I played that one several times through. Never quite beat BoF1, I just couldn't get through the invisible maze near the end, since the way the characters walked and animated you couldn't really gauge if you were up against a wall or not.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Use a guide for the desert.

Then it's just a twenty minute timewaste.

BOF1 was a pretty poor game. 2 & 3 are why it's remembered so fondly.

Balio & Sunder are my favourite bosses ever.

Damn. You guys are making me wanna play BoF 3 again. I just finished Suikoden 2 and been contemplating Disgaea 2 or Star Ocean. Guess I could put those off again XD
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Use a guide for the desert.

Then it's just a twenty minute timewaste.
    I *did*.

And it still sucked.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Well you've already done most of the cool stuff by then anyway.

Spoiler:
    Mcneil, Beyd, the balio & sunder chase, palets resurrection attempt, following rei's trail of destruction...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Damn. You guys are making me wanna play BoF 3 again. I just finished Suikoden 2 and been contemplating Disgaea 2 or Star Ocean. Guess I could put those off again XD
    Think I might break out my PSP for a bit myself. One of the most underated rpgs.

It's one of the games I bought a PSP for. I might aswell try to complete it.

Now I want to play BF3 again. Momo But I lost my PS1 copy, buhuuu...well, BF4 will do it.

Hey, I remember Dino Crisis. Also a good game than Capcom gave a shit.

The whole design with BOF was so backwards though. As a kid I played BoF 2 first, then BoF, it seemed like the first one used way much more of the SNES's Capabilities.

Attacks that actually hit your enemy, semi-3d... while BoF 2 had lackluster animations all around. I was so confused. BoF is ridiculously harder too IMO.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

The desert seemed really tame on my second playthrough for some reason. Mainly because I WENT back to find the 2nd most powerful sword.. 1st being the Gooking Sword... which seemed rare enough to be an urban myth. The first time I was a bit annoyed at how random encounter spots can turn your direction on the main map... But the game kinda warns you about all the things that can go wrong. If there was any moment in the game would avoid... It's probably that really big dungeon with all the cranes. Every room just looked the same and I could not tell if I was running around in circles.

I wished magic wasn't nerfed in the game though. The damage scaling was so awful, Nina took the backseat in battles forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Spoiler:
    I would have loved more Rei stuff, he's one of my favourite video game characters ever, but I think there was enough. Becoming a weretiger was his own choice, so it was more living with the loss of Ryu & Teepo. Between Syn City and teepo, we do get nuggets of the kind of guy he's become, looking at some of the macabre comments he makes in tent dialogue. His dialogue with Nina's mother was the funniest thing. From memory nina tags along because she likes ryu, and does not take kindly to her parents branding him a criminal. Momo has the whole sequence in the plant where she finds her fathers resurrection machine.
    I suppose you are right. It's been a long time since I replayed it afterall so I only vaguely remember certain things. Still, the indivual story arcs for Nina and Momo felt a bit weak or simple compared to like say.. The characters in BOF2. Those characters there had a bit more than just a mere attachment to the main character. Not saying it's entirely bad or I disliked thier company. Just a bit lacking.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2.../29/48837.html

Oh Capcom. Reducing Breath of Fire to a mobile spin-off game.

(Maybe I should be more positive. They remember BoF.
    ...Nah)

That's almost a disappointing as Star Ocean Blue Sphere(best game gameplay-wise in the series for me) being remade on mobile.
    Last edited by Hiroy; July 19th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicu View Post
    http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2.../29/48837.html

Oh Capcom. Reducing Breath of Fire to a mobile spin-off game.

(Maybe I should be more positive. They remember BoF.
    ...Nah)
    Is it that not just IV remade or something?

Next we'll be seeing Suikoden VI: I-Phone edition!

Also aparently the moment the anouncement was made the Japanese devroom was shut down and no one can log in or post there anymore.

Yeah.....Capcom listens to it's fans....

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Capcom should really just sell the Megaman trademark to Inticreates or something. Someone who'll actually do something with the title.

In a perfect world...
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Capcom should really just sell the Megaman trademark to Inticreates or something. Someone who'll actually do something with the title.

In a perfect world...
    Why do they keep the license, if they cancel any new game in the series eventualy ?

Because they can still sell ports and remakes of remakes of the classic games.
    NintendoNetworkID:NJMancini, please leave a message saying you're from AP

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Capcom: Failing on all cylinders. >:(

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Gonna quote a post from another forum I go to that sums it up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv
    Yeah, they sure do know how to effectively troll their fanbase. Case in point, here are some things they did to toy with Wii owners this generation, otherwise know as the Wii Test:

"Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition sold millions! We'll get you guys more Resident Evil games!"
    *Release light gun shooter that does well*
    "Wow, you guys like light gun shooters! Here's another!"
    *Sequel bombs*
    "Oh, I guess you guys don't like Resident Evil!"

"Buy Zack & Wiki and you'll get more hardcore games!"
    *Proceed to stealth release the game*
    "Oh! You guys failed. Sorry!"

"We'll finally use those third person RE4 controls you all like in a new game!"
    *Announces Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop completely missing the whole point of the series*
    "Oh! I guess you guys don't want third person shooters, either!"

"We're taking a big risk on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom! If you guys want more fighters, buy it!"
    "Hey, good job guys. It actually surpassed our expectations!
    *Announces MvC3 for HD consoles and never releases another fighter for the Wii*

I'll admit that Zack and Wiki getting a moderate success even with promotion would have been a long shot, but c'mon, that game was just a point and click adventure game, which is pretty niche in this generation of gaming and putting so much faith in that game was crazy. Keep in mind, I'm a fan of those games thanks to TellTale Games.

One more thing, I'm ignoring things like them fucking up MvC3, not releasing AAI2, Whatever the fuck they're doing to DMC and that gay ass one save file in RE: Mercenaries 3D where I can't even delete my save file.
    That reminds me, I should really get to playing Zach and Wiki again sometime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information