+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1153

Thread: CAPCOM SUCKS and wants to SET YOUR SNES ON FIRE thread

Default Re: CAPCOM SUCKS thread

Remember that Mega Man TV show that's going to be a thing? They upgraded the design.

From 1/10 to 2/10.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Remember that Mega Man TV show that's going to be a thing? They upgraded the design.

https://abload.de/img/c7xipkau8aaenmsfguou.jpg

From 1/10 to 2/10.
    Am I the only one who thought that was a picture of a jigsaw puzzle box at first?

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Eh? When has this been a thing? Also, that looks more like X with a gigantic head than Classic Mega Man.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Definitely looks better than the bizzare artwork they showed before. Hoping that "MiniMan" that lives in his helmet is also a thing of the past.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Last edited by y2kyle89; March 24th, 2017 at 06:31 AM. Reason: I used to love something once. Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

I had to rewatch this twice to fully understand how yucky this looks. Meganize me, more like kill me. And people say Sonic is a dead corpse walking.

If only Mega Man Legends 3 happened, the world would be a slightly better place...
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    I had to rewatch this twice to fully understand how yucky this looks. Meganize me, more like kill me. And people say Sonic is a dead corpse walking.

If only Mega Man Legends 3 happened, the world would be a slightly better place...
    Maybe for the thousands of Legends fans in the world that were waiting for it in the lull that followed the release of the 2nd game..........don't know about everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    This video contains content from DHX media, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Mega Man, X, .EXE, Geo Stelar, and Captain N's Mega Man all jump on a rocket ship to join Volnutt on the moon out of second hand embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Mega Man, X, .EXE, Geo Stelar, and Captain N's Mega Man all jump on a rocket ship to join Volnutt on the moon out of second hand embarrassment.
    Bad Box Art Megaman must've had to pull out due to threats for his appearance in Street Fighter X Tekken.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Nah, Pac Man killed him and dumped his body in the woods where only the mokujin can find him.

Capcom sales data for the fiscal year is out. All three major titles releasing in the second half of the fiscal year sold under expectations. Here are the sales with the official projected sales listed in parentheses.

Resident Evil 7: 3.5 million (4m)
    Monster Hunter XX: 1.7 million (2m)
    Dead Rising 4: Sub-1m (2m)

Despite missing expectations Capcom was still generally okay with RE7's and MHXX' performances. Not so much DR4 or Monster Hunter Stories. Capcom was also very happy with the ports/remasters of RE in general. Below are the updated sales. RE6 fans must be putting in work, or people might have forgotten RE6 ever came out because the remaster has sold 1m since it came out a year ago.

Resident Evil 6 (Remastered) - 1,000,000 (New Entry)
    Resident Evil 5 - 100,000 (7,200,000 LTD)
    Resident Evil 6 - 100,000 (6,800,000 LTD)
    Monster Hunter Freedom 3 - 100,000 (4,900,000 LTD)
    Dead Rising 3 - 100,000 (2,300,000 LTD)
    Resident Evil (HD Remastered) - 100,000 (1,900,000 LTD)
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 100,000 (1,700,000 LTD)
    Street Fighter V - 100,000 (1,600,000 LTD)
    Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster - 100,000 (1,400,000 LTD)
    Ultra Street Fighter IV - 100,000 (1,100,000 LTD)

Also not listed here, but the PC version of Dragon's Dogma is at 700k according to SteamSpy data.

Note: For the record, RE6 was originally expected to sell 7m copies in the first few months, but was later revised to 4.9m. So like DmC (1.9m, original expectations were 2m and revised were 1.2 then re-revised to 1.15m) it's almost managed to reach its original expectations over 4 years later.

Also, REmake HD and RE0 HD have both outsold their original GameCube releases, REmake by a fair bit.

Sources: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/n.../e170427b.html
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

E
    dit: Capcom has a major unnamed title releasing in 2018: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/d...16_full_01.pdf It's either DMC(5), Monster Hunter or Resident Evil 2 Remake.
    Last edited by Sesha; April 28th, 2017 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesha View Post
    Also, REmake HD and RE0 HD have both outsold their original GameCube releases, REmake by a fair bit.
    CAPCOM! You're excuses are limited! Bring me Outbreak HD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesha View Post
    Edit: Capcom has a major unnamed title releasing in 2018: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/d...16_full_01.pdf It's either DMC(5), Monster Hunter or Resident Evil 2 Remake.
    We're getting a new Megaman cartoon, right? Wouldn't it make sense to release a new game​ for that show to promote?
    Last edited by RoboBlue; April 28th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    We're getting a new Megaman cartoon, right? Wouldn't it make sense to release a new game​ for that show to promote?
    Like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric?
    Exactly. .

DeVil May Cry is a possibility given Capcom latest attitude and Itsuno's statements. Though in a series of 5 games with 2 very bad ones and an average one with a bunch of ports, I would like more a new action game with more artistic freedom and a whole bunch of new protagonists that will be included in the Vs. Capcom series.

If they so choose to continue with Dmc so be it, it's just a shame how Capcom keeps on releasing sequels upon sequels of the same series with very little innovation, which is the opposite of what they used to do between the 90s and 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They're working on a MM mobile game, alongside other mobile games based on legacy IPs. It's not impossible, but I find it unlikely. A game that ties in with the cartoon probably wouldn't be considered a major title unless it is maybe a title comparable to the console Sonic titles or games like Yooka-Laylee or Retro's Donkey Kong games. A major title in Capcom's eyes would be a mainline title in one of their key franchises (RE, SF, DMC, MH, DR) or major spin-off like Monster Hunter X with relatively high production values (for the series) or a mid-tier or AAA console title.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    DeVil May Cry is a possibility given Capcom latest attitude and Itsuno's statements. Though in a series of 5 games with 2 very bad ones and an average one with a bunch of ports, I would like more a new action game with more artistic freedom and a whole bunch of new protagonists that will be included in the Vs. Capcom series.

If they so choose to continue with Dmc so be it, it's just a shame how Capcom keeps on releasing sequels upon sequels of the same series with very little innovation, which is the opposite of what they used to do between the 90s and 2000s
    There has been plenty of innovation and new ideas, both big and small, in DMC. Each title changes a lot from the previous game. So far the most conservative sequel has been DMC4, which still introduced a new main character with entirely new combat mechanics, in addition to expanding on Dante's mechanics by adding on-the-fly style switching and access to all weapons and not just two of each. If a DMC5 is just DMC4.5, the same game but just new weapons/styles for Dante and Nero, with the same overall approach to level design, campaign structure and so on, then I would agree. On the other hand, a God of War (4) style switch in genres and gameplay would be a wrong direction for the series in my opinion. I'm not sure how innovative or different you think a new DMC should be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post

No what"s really a shame is how with certain series *cough* megaman *cough* all people want "is" sequels.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information