+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 450 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - The suit makes the (Spider) man

Default Re: The Avengers Movie

Anyone have a working link to the trailer that played at comic con?

Fully combined poster. Awesome.

SHIELD heli-carrier looks great.

I love how Hawkeye's just...there... in the full poster.

I'm interested in how the movie will play out. I'm hoping it's longer than most marvel movies as we need to get the plot going, introduce Cap' to the modern age, tie in all the characters, figure out exactly what happened to Banner after the last movie, and give Hawkeye something to...well make him important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well from what we've heard apparently Loki has "Learned a few things" from experiencing the same thing. I wonder if the two of them will join forces perhaps? We know Loki will at least be one antagonist, hopefully he'll manipulate the Hulk a bit, but I could see Red Skull teaming with Loki
    That would be awesome. And if Thanos is indeed a confirmed antagonist, then we might end up getting three big bads.

I have a strong feeling Red Skull will make his return to present Earth at the end of the first Avenger movie and will play a role in freeing captured villains in the first movie...and wreak havoc on the second movie....as a super villain team who succeeds in defeating the heroes...and a hero come back on a third sequel. Predictable? Just you watch...it will happen. HOLLYWOOD NEVER FAILS!

Oh and about Hawkeye...I wonder if they will adapt the Black Widow as a double agent scheme just like in the recent cartoon series... that would be fun to watch.

Black Widow is ALWAYS a double agent.

Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    I have a strong feeling Red Skull will make his return to present Earth at the end of the first Avenger movie and will play a role in freeing captured villains in the first movie...and wreak havoc on the second movie....as a super villain team who succeeds in defeating the heroes...and a hero come back on a third sequel. Predictable? Just you watch...it will happen. HOLLYWOOD NEVER FAILS!

Oh and about Hawkeye...I wonder if they will adapt the Black Widow as a double agent scheme just like in the recent cartoon series... that would be fun to watch.
    If it's done correctly, I wouldn't mind it.

Too bad all Marvel characters aren't in Marvel Studios posession. These movies could be 10X more fun with Cameos all day err day.

Albeit... Reed Richards doesn't need to be in anything. So it's good Fox has the F4. That guy is ridiculous...
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Cyclops has taken over the "Douche of the Marvel Universe" title the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Cyclops has taken over the "Douche of the Marvel Universe" title the last couple years.
    I meant how broken Reed Richards is in terms of finding solutions.... "Venom's bothering you? Oh don't worry, I built this Sonic Ray-gun. Should take care of that."

His character's not too great either.

I like cyclops only because beams. I haven't heard too many positive things about Ultimate Marvel characters except for Peter Parker. Ant Man apparently beats Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Ant Man apparently beats Jan?
    Yeah, but he does that in the original universe too.

It's the only thing anyone ever remembers about him.

I meant how broken Reed Richards is in terms of finding solutions.... "Venom's bothering you? Oh don't worry, I built this Sonic Ray-gun. Should take care of that."

His character's not too great either.
    Ah, okay then.

I like cyclops only because beams. I haven't heard too many positive things about Ultimate Marvel characters except for Peter Parker. Ant Man apparently beats Jan?
    Ultimate Kitty Pryde is pretty awesome too.

Ultimate Spidey's the only guy from that universe who's actually better than his 616 counterpart currently though (OMD didn't help).

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Yeah, but he does that in the original universe too.

It's the only thing anyone ever remembers about him.
    That and creating Ultron.

From what I understood from /co/, he only slapped Jan in a mental break down in the old series, but in the Ultimate series, he beat her multiple times, and even put ants on her while she was in wasp form..

that sounds way more harsh.

Either way... it's seems the EMH version is the way to go, if any.

I need to go to a comic shop and just buy the old series... Although, I don't really feel like I'm going to be happy with the results. A lot of the stuff I read about the Marvel universe is just... depressing.

The only thing I remember of Ant-Man is when Dogpool peed on him in a plant at Avengers HQ...and then started chasing him...and then was saved by Sunny, the Sentry Dog.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

From what I understood from /co/, he only slapped Jan in a mental break down in the old series, but in the Ultimate series, he beat her multiple times, and even put ants on her while she was in wasp form..

that sounds way more harsh.

Either way... it's seems the EMH version is the way to go, if any.
    Yeah, apparently he was working on something to save the world and Jan was being all selfish and stuff. Not saying she deserved getting smakked, but it wasn't unprovoked either.

Ultimate Hank did all that stuff AND sprayed her with roach spray, then sicked the ants at her. But she's dead now. Blob ate her head.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

To be fair, everyone in the Ultimate Universe except for Spider-Man and his cast are dicks.

Don't forget Jesus!Thor.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Oh yeah, he was nice enough despite being a bit of a hippie. Well, that and he was reasonably powered (like no fire or time powers).

Ultimate X-men was pretty enjoyable. But for the ultimate universe in general....they just take the worst trait of likable characters and make that all about them. Ultimate Deadpool was simply an unfunny asshole, ultimate Nightcrawler kidnapped Dazzler because she liked Angel, and flipped out on Colossus for being gay. Kinda worked with making Wolverine an asshole..I mean he's treated like a saint in certain versions despite a bad rep. Then of course we get Xavier....my god I just LOATHE Ultimate Xavier.

Ultimate Spider-Man is amazing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Really though, the only reason most characters were dickish is because Millar (and Loeb...) wrote a lot of stories. The X-Men cast suddenly became a lot nicer when Vaughan was writing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Ultimate X-men was pretty enjoyable. But for the ultimate universe in general....they just take the worst trait of likable characters and make that all about them. Ultimate Deadpool was simply an unfunny asshole, ultimate Nightcrawler kidnapped Dazzler because she liked Angel, and flipped out on Colossus for being gay. Kinda worked with making Wolverine an asshole..I mean he's treated like a saint in certain versions despite a bad rep. Then of course we get Xavier....my god I just LOATHE Ultimate Xavier.

Ultimate Spider-Man is amazing though.
    Ultimate Deadpool wasn't anymore annoying than the way 616 Deadpool is so godawfully written lately. The only Deapool stories worth reading from the past decade are Cable and Deadpool and Uncanny X-Force (the latter being easily one of the best on-going Marvel titles now). I liked Ultimate Nightcrawler's creepiness, perfect juxtaposition of 616's lovable Nightcrawler. Ultimate Xavier's a jerk, but he's got nothing on the shit 616 Xavier pulled throughout the years (though 616 Xavier also has more good sides to him).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information