+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 461 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

Default Re: The Avengers Movie

I consider X-factor (investigations & ongoing) one of the most underrated and unknown mutant comics ever made.

Some of these stories are timeless and truly above and beyond anything written in Spider-man, Avengers etc in the past 5 years.
    Consistently as well, which is something that doesn't exist in Marvel comics.

I want 616 Cap and Ultimate Cap to meet one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Refii View Post
    I consider X-factor (investigations & ongoing) one of the most underrated and unknown mutant comics ever made.

Some of these stories are timeless and truly above and beyond anything written in Spider-man, Avengers etc in the past 5 years.
    Consistently as well, which is something that doesn't exist in Marvel comics.
    I put X-Factor a little above Legacy (which is just as consistently great, but it overuses Rogue), but Uncanny X-Force easily trumps them both. It's the best mutant ongoing since Whedon's Astonishing run.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Ultimate X-men was pretty enjoyable. But for the ultimate universe in general....they just take the worst trait of likable characters and make that all about them. Ultimate Deadpool was simply an unfunny asshole
    I'd say that's more in line to his 616 counterpart big difference was they made him a likeable villain.

I sort of wonder how/if the Pyms are going to even be used in this univese. Last I heard, the "Ant-Man" movie wanted to make Scott Lang the focus with Pym as his mentor. If they do that, then how they're going to squeeze Jan in is beyond me. (I say perky assistant who helps Scott along, but only if they make her EMH and not...well, mainstream)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I just remembered that in the Hulk movie, Mr. Blue is a scientist who gets Banner's blood on him and you see his head get bigger...
    Anyone think he'll be Leader in another movie?
    Last edited by Sniper King; July 28th, 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I just remembered that in the Hulk movie, Mr. Blue is a scientist who gets Abomination's stuff on him and you see his head get bigger...
    Anyone think he'll be Brainiac in another movie?
    ...Is there a Marvel Brainiac that I don't know about?

Oh god...Why did I say Brainiac?

I meant Leader.

And it was Bruce Banner's blood, not the Abomination's...
    Damn, mistakes today.

This movie has been hyped ever since Iron Man, and Whedon's got quite the expectation to meet. I'd be a huge shame if it bombed...

But! I really hope this succeeds, and I feel confident that it will. If this man can make a really great 40 minute musical about a low-rent villain, he sure has great potential to do a full length movie about a team of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I just remembered that in the Hulk movie, Mr. Blue is a scientist who gets Abomination's stuff on him and you see his head get bigger...
    Anyone think he'll be Brainiac in another movie?
    Whoa... completely forgot about that scene. Although I have a feeling he won't be in the movie, it'd be sweet if he teamed up with Loki and Red Skull.

So was it pretty much confirmed that Tony's arc reactor tech was based off of
    Spoiler:
    Howard messing around with the Cosmic Cube
    Seemed that way after seeing Captain America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

So was it pretty much confirmed that Tony's arc reactor tech was based off of
    Spoiler:
    Howard messing around with the Cosmic Cube
    Seemed that way after seeing Captain America.
    Does seem that way, then again considering Tony was able to make his own in a cave in the middle of Afghanistan, it doesn't seem like Cosmic Cube tech is that hard to figure out (except, you know, how screwy it is in 616...luckily this isn't 616)

And yeah, Hulk sequel needs Leader...and Shulkie, but let's just take it one step at a time.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I was leaning towards that idea, too, but like where Tokoro is coming from, it just seems really unlikely that Stark was able to make it from scratch in a cave in Afghanistan. Either the cosmic cube isn't hard to figure out (which would be lame, considering it's supposedly a very powerful item on earth), or Tony Stark is that much of a genius... if that was the case, why not go ahead and make him Reed Richards =/

Well Reed can't accomplish anything

And in the movie Tony said he needed that...mineral or something? He needed a certain amount of it and stated they only had a small amount. A big thing they are trying to show is that Magic and Science are one and the same, so it would make sense for Howard to discover just what is IN the Cube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

A big thing they are trying to show is that Magic and Science are one and the same, so it would make sense for Howard to discover just what is IN the Cube.
    I'm still not 100% sure about that. While it seems they were doing that more in relation to the Asgardians in Thor, in the Iron Man comics, Iron Man and his arch-nemesis Mandarin have always been on opposite sides of the spectrum in a Magic vs Technology conflict. Iron Man reps Tech with his armor and Mandarin reps Magic with the Ten Rings, and in a way, both are different kinds of sciences based on the Marvel Universe's definition of Magic, but it's important to differentiate Magic and Technology because Iron Man and Mandarin always try to prove which is better when they battle. I guess we can view the term "Science" in more of a general way as it applies to the Marvel Universe.
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Skrull invasion should be official with this. Cap and Thor look like hell and is there any info from D23 yet about the movie.
    Last edited by project1980; August 19th, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

It says something about Cap that I can see him going back to back with Thor despite the power difference.

Also if he doesn't pick up the hammer I be disappointed. Extra points if hulk or iron man tries and fails.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I saw a few of a different street explosion, but these were amazing. Now I'm even more pumped for next may.
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

Description of the Avengers footage from D23.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=44799

The footage began with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in prison on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) addresses Loki through the clear panels of the cage: "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, you so much as tap on the glass..." Fury then flicks a switch and the floor of the cage almost completely drops away, revealing a 30,000 foot drop to certain doom (or as certain as doom can be with someone like Loki).

Loki simply observes, "It's an impressive cage", and he notes that it was clearly built for someone else. Fury says that it was - it was built for someone even stronger than him. Loki knows they're talking about the Hulk, calling him a mindless beast and wondering how desperate Fury must be to ally himself with the likes of such a creature. At this point we see all the various personnel who are listening into this conversation, including Hulk's human alter ego Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders).

Loki wonders what it must feel for Fury to have been so close to wielding the power of the Cosmic Cube, and how devastating it must be for all that to have slipped away. Fury accuses Loki of talking about peace and then killing for fun, and he tells Loki, "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Loki asks him what it must be like to be in the presence of real power - to which Fury simply replies, "Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something", and walks away from the cage. The Avengers look at the prisoner on the video monitors, as Bruce Banner caustically observes, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

The footage then shows a bunch of action sequences, including a fighter jet flying over a city, an explosive truck chase, and - most intriguingly - a shot of Captain America and Thor apparently fighting each other, with Thor about to bring the hammer down on Cap's shield. All the while, we hear Nick Fury explain the mission statement of the Avengers: "There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable, to see if they could become more. To fight the battles we never could."

But the most epic exchange comes at the end, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) is behind a bar counter, mixing himself a drink. He describes his teammates: "Let's do a head count. We've got a couple master assassins, a demigod, and a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend" - that'd be Black Widow and Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America. It's then that we learn Stark is talking to Loki: "And you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them."

To this, Loki responds, "I have an army." Stark's eminently quotable and awesome response? "We have a Hulk." We then see the Hulk roar, and the footage ends. While it's still early days - indeed, filming is still two weeks from completion - this is looking very, very good so far.

Best superhero movie ever.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information