+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 462 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 9228

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    though it does have the greatest superhero supporting character of all time

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I'm confused: isn`t JJJ an actual member of the Press?Why would he need to disguise himself?

Disney, Fox Huddle With Bankers as Deal Talks Progress

More signs that Disneys acquisition talks with 21st Century Fox are picking up steam: Both companies have set teams of bankers on the case to work out the fine print.

Disney is working with a group that includes JP Morgan and Guggenheim Partners. Both entities have long relationships with Disney.

Fox has Goldman Sachs and Centerview Partners crunching its numbers. Centerview is said to be focused on financial details related to the Fox assets that would not be part of the Disney acquisition. Goldman Sachs and Centerview previously advised Fox on its unsolicited $80 billion bid in 2014 for Time Warner, among other deals.

It is possible that a deal could be struck before Christmas, according to a source close to the matter.
    @Insider2000:

Hidden:

MY BABIES! I LOVE THEM!

Hidden:
    So is that supposed to be Lockheed? I mean, I had heard they wanted to put the ol' purple dragon in the movie, but is he supposed to be a puppet there? I'm curious if that's how they're going to do Lockheed, or if some plot mumbo jumbo turns that puppet into the real deal.
    Last edited by Insider2000; December 8th, 2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: I'm really bad at spoilering things. Also, Sunspot's actor is really cute with a really really cute smile. :)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse trailer

I'm really liking the look of this.

Those parts that look like they have low-framerate reminds me of stop-motion and I actually think it works really well here. I'm also loving the Ben-Day dots similar to old comics.

Also, apparently Alex Hirsch of Gravity Falls wrote the story with Lord and Miller.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I thought the Miles was going o be some cheaply made 2D animated movie. But THAT trailer... I just love it. The animation style reminds me of both stop-motion and 3D movies that try to follow 2D animated laws like Hotel Transylvania. The art-style has just that right amount of balance between looking realistic and like a cel-shaded comic book. And I REALLY like how most of the red on Miles' costume comes from spandex. I always respect superhero designs that try to deviate away from just throwing on spandex or a cape like everybody else (not that I don't love spandex and capes, I just want to see more variety).

I have actually read most of Miles' comics. I stopped reading around the time he moved into the main Marvel Universe because all of his plots then felt like they were lacking direction and purpose since he just became "another" Spider-Man instead of the new single Spider-Man in the Ultimate Universe (all of the arcs from Ultimate got rebooted too). I liked the stories that went on in the Ultimate Universe, but always felt Miles himself in terms of personality didn't feel like more than a clone of Peter Parker who happened to be a minority. So hopefully this movie toys around more with giving him more unique traits.

This movie seems to be going for the approach of multiple people being bitten by radioactive spiders. Which is interesting. It's either going to go for an "I Am Robin" (a DC comic about a bunch of street kids inspired by Robin to dress like him and fight crime) or a "Battle for the Cowl" route (where a bunch of Batman's proteges and enemies teamed-up and battled to determine who becomes the new "true" Batman after Bruce died (Dick won and Bruce obviously came back after a while). Or it could be a mixture of both. That's actually a rather cool premise to go with for a first Miles Morales movie focusing on inheriting Peter Parker's legacy instead of just adapting the first comic book arcs, which would require established continuity with Peter's Spider-Man to even work.

Is this going to be released in theaters? I heard years ago when this movie was announced that it would simply be a straight-to-DVD movie. If they are putting THIS much effort into the movie, i think it should definitely be released in theaters. Especially if it helps make animated superhero movies become more popularized instead of all theatrical releases always being live-action.

Additionally, I think only Sony is getting money from this movie instead of Marvel Studios. It follows their deal about how Marvel will get all of the profits from any Spider-Man movies they do in the scope of the MCU, and Sony getting all of the profits from movies they do that feature Spider-Man characters but are not in the MCU.

Does the Spider-Verse in the title only have to do with the multiple people bitten by radioactive spiders in this movie, or will future stories actually focus on different Spider-Man universes? If we get the latter, we can actually get animated movies for the likes of Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Girl, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Gwen, and even THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 9th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Already looks ten times more appealing with it‘s style and probably a lot more action, than generic homecoming.

"Battle for the Arm-webs" sounds a lot more interesting then "Interdimensional Vampires Want To Eat Fried Spider"

Marvel is making an animated movie as well: Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors

I think it looks interesting, Squirrel Girl seems out of place but okay.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; December 9th, 2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: So I now know they eat spiders in Cambodia but not what they call it, making my joke lamer then it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I think Squirrel Girl fits in fine. The person who looks out of place to me is Captain Marvel. This group seems way too low-grade for her amount of power, experience, and connection to cosmic phenomena. Her presence also makes me fear that Ms. Marvel will end up only being seen as a fangirl sidekick than her own hero that happens to be inspired by Carol. Sort of like how Donald was wasn't a main character in the original DuckTales because the creators feared that Donald would overshadow the rest of his popularly unknown family at the time.

But Carol raising a new generation of heroes can work though. Although a part of me is worried that her role model relationship with Kamala is going to make the movie focus on their relationship moreso than the others.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 9th, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I think Squirrel Girl fits in fine. The person who looks out of place to me is Captain Marvel. This group seems way too low-grade for her amount of power, experience, and connection to cosmic phenomena. Her presence also makes me fear that Ms. Marvel will end up only being seen as a fangirl sidekick than her own hero that happens to be inspired by Carol. Sort of like how Donald was wasn't a main character in the original DuckTales because the creators feared that Donald would overshadow the rest of his popularly unknown family at the time.
    Marvel.com says she is the mentor to the young heroes, so that is why its her and a bunch of younger heroes.

They are both Avengers in the current Marvel cartoon and Kamala doesn't really get overshadowed by Carol.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Marvel.com says she is the mentor to the young heroes, so that is why its her and a bunch of younger heroes.
    I edited my quote right before you posted to say that was probably the route they're going with this.

They are both Avengers in the current Marvel cartoon and Kamala doesn't really get overshadowed by Carol.[/QUOTE]
    Avengers Assemble? Good to hear that. Although Carol isn't the leader of the Avengers. And I want both characters to have cool interactions either everybody, not be limited to themselves and maybe a couple other people while the rest get generic line exchanges.

She was in the show, the main Avengers were sent to alternatre dimensions, so new ones(which were set up as Avengers already in the previous season) had to step up, Carol and T'Challa shared the leadership, the show has been on break so I don't know how it will work later, but I assume its kinda going to be Cap and Tony being the "leaders" again.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Carol and T'Challa led the Avengers?

...That is way more interesting than Steve and Tony leading the team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    She was in the show, the main Avengers were sent to alternatre dimensions, so new ones(which were set up as Avengers already in the previous season) had to step up, Carol and T'Challa shared the leadership, the show has been on break so I don't know how it will work later, but I assume its kinda going to be Cap and Tony being the "leaders" again.
    Actually it was Tony mostly except for that time when they split up with Steve taking Hulk, Falcon and Widow to form a Shield sponsored version of the team
    and Tony leading the broke ass version of the team that had Hawkeye, Thor, and Ant-Man.

Also curious how they would've brought back the status quo as Ultron Revolution ended with Tony in another dimension and leadership temporarily passing to Steve until they could help Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Carol and T'Challa led the Avengers?

...That is way more interesting than Steve and Tony leading the team lol.
    Well yeah especially since in this continuity neither have gone through dethroning moments of suck (yet) unlike their comic book counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Yessir we want out FF4 movie before 2022
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Tbh, i think only the Fantastic 4 and Welvorine should have direct interactions with the Avengers, the X-men and Deadpool are fine on their own.

Don’t end Fox Searchlight.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Aside from Wolverine hanging out with Spider-Man it's difficult to find many positives: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...system-1067517

(And this article doesn't even bring up the fact that Disney may be ruled by a Murdoch in a couple years)

Kingdom Hearts 4 is gonna be fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Kingdom Hearts 4 is gonna be fucking insane.
    Man, 2030 can't come soon enough!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information