+ Reply to Thread
Page 481 of 517 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 479 480 481 482 483 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 10322

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The King Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Just made my bf order us tickets. The earliest 2D showing is only on sunday, 29th. Gotta avoid social media for a few days. I'M SO EXCITED 18 DAYS!
    We're lucky with our cinema over here (Essen) since they always show the Marvel films in english and 2D on release day.
    Got my ticket a while ago and i can't wait! Just 2 more weeks!!!
    160 minutes sounds great for a movie of this caliber. Not too long but long enough to hopefully give every major character something meaningful to do.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

https://twitter.com/MarvelousRealm/s...16426089291776

Disney and Fox deal to close by Summer of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Fandango says the movie is 160 minutes long, which seems a bit short for typical Hollywood writing and directing. I haven't seen another source yet, though, so I wonder if that's the official length or not?
    That's two hours and forty minutes. How is that short? Average movie time is 90-120.

It's also going to be part one of two, however that shakes up since they more cleanly broke the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That's two hours and forty minutes. How is that short? Average movie time is 90-120.

It's also going to be part one of two, however that shakes up since they more cleanly broke the films.
    It's short if you consider that Hollywood films and blockbusters don't typically have the best time-management and expression of information.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    It's short if you consider that Hollywood films and blockbusters don't typically have the best time-management and expression of information.
    It's the longest Marvel movie yet, helmed by the same guys that did the last crossover, nearly three hours long, part one of two, How long do you realistically want it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    We're lucky with our cinema over here (Essen) since they always show the Marvel films in english and 2D on release day.
    Got my ticket a while ago and i can't wait! Just 2 more weeks!!!
    Yeah that sounds great! I'll watch it in the netherlands, where all movies are in their original language with dutch subtitles(Only a few animation and kids movies get dubbed as far as I know). There's no cinema in my city here in germany which offers original showings, sadly, except for one cinema an hour of train ride away that has ONE original showing for one chosen movie of the month.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Saw Guardians 2 and was very mixed.

Spoiler:
    Gonna start with a criticism first. For the most part, the various factions in this film didn't really fit well together. It felt like Ego, Taserface, Nebula and the yellow Star Trek people all occupied vastly different roles and any attempts to mesh them together felt half-assed and didn't work with the exception of Yondu and Ego. Not even in the climax did these various plot threads really seem to come together and that had a significant effect on the film.

First case, Ego. Honestly, he had all the right ingredients to be a truly great MCU villain, but the film makes mistakes in terms of combining those ingredients. He has no real buildup in the first half of the film, which is mostly just the old estranged father reunion plot without nuance, resulting in him uncovering pretty much ALL of his evil nature within the span of one exposition-laden scene. He does get better when he gets evil (blue-gray goop of planetary assimilation aside), although I think his final battle with Peter could have been more creative - they can use the planet to shift into all sorts of things but aside from one big clash it's mostly just flying and punching...

I didn't care about Nebula at all and her goals felt completely unrelated to every single situation at hand. Also, Baby Groot. I didn't mind his presence so much as the other characters' treatment of him. Honestly, there was quite a bit of potential for Baby Groot, and it'd be interesting to see the team deal with this new version of an old teammate and the pains of growing again...but for the most part Baby Groot is ignored unless the others need him to do something, and his state is played entirely for laughs rather than dipping into the rich possibilities for team development.

Positives! I absolutely loved Yondu in this film. In the first film I thought he was a bit of a background character who couldn't find the place to fit in, but he carries so much of this one. His death scene gave me more feels than any other scene in the MCU has, and the whole time I was really worried that someone would undercut the moment with a joke...but it didn't happen.

Although it still falls victim to not meshing well with the rest of the plot elements, the standout part of the plot for me was Rocket's and Yondu's rebellion against Taserface. Rocket continues to be my favorite Guardian, and his entire execution scene with Taserface was absolute gold. The action throughout the film was, for the most part, extremely engaging, but the cinematography was by far my favorite aspect of the whole thing, it was so masterfully done. Rocket's capture and Gamora sitting on Planet Ego were two standout scenes in that regard.

And finally, the humor. Honestly, I ended up liking how it ended up being more overt. It gave me some considerable laughs, although not without the caveat of some of the jokes falling flat hard. And I'd say that summarizes my thoughts on the entire movie pretty well. It had higher highs than the first film, but also lower lows. So do I like it the same as the first film? ...I Am Groot.

Spoiler:

bEst way to watch the MCU movies(possibly one shots too)? Release date or chronological order?

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - The King Has Arrive

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    bEst way to watch the MCU movies(possibly one shots too)? Release date or chronological order?
    Other than the first Cap movie I think the two are interchangeable.

As long as you know which ones are hard sequels to the other I think you can intersperse it here and there. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy you can watch at any time, but you kinda need to see Civil War before Black Panther and Spiderman Homecoming. Of course, The Avengers movies are pretty hard punctuations and should not be seen before the movies that came before.

Ahahaha. Domino looks fun.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🅵🅰Ⓜ🅸🅽🅴?⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ uniaka ikuzakas's Avatar

Based on trailers, I'm way more excited for deadpool 2 then infinity war. Will this be like deadpool 1 vs batman&superman when deadpool made more money?

I kinda doubt it. Infinity War has 10 years of build-up to it , the trailers look great and the MCU in general has been very well-received. Whereas BvS only had Man of Steel for hype, which most people were rather lukewarm about, questionable casting choices (though he ended up being a good fit for the role, nobody was very happy at first about Batfleck) and pretty bad trailers. Of course, the bad reviews played a big part in its financial failure, too, but I doubt that Infinity War will get horrible reviews. Personally, I'm excited for both, but right now I'm super-hyped for IW.

There is zero chance deadpool could ever outsell a pg 13, 10 year build up mainstream blockbuster. Could be more entertaining though. xD

Infinity war has to much hype and time investment built into it to lose to Deadpool even it was just ok.

The first Deadpool was insanely succesful. The sequel would probably blow literally any Marvel movie out of the water, had it not been the culmination of 10 years of buildup, going strong of the back of Black Panther. People can talk about comic book fatigue all they want, but I find the idea laughable at this point.

The only people who really floated that idea was DC after Green Lantern bombed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Finished my MCU watch-through this week.

I actually saw Homecoming in theaters when it came out, and gave a few thoughts on it back in July. Still like it. I really like how it plays out as a caper film starring an amateur character, which I thought was pretty fitting with Spider-Man and the role he plays in the MCU. Michael Keaton is the ultimate winged-bird-actor and the scene with him and Peter in the car rivals Loki's scene with Black Widow as the best villain scene in the MCU. Though the first part of the film isn't really that fun to rewatch since it's pretty boring, which worked well enough as a first time introduction but isn't much worth dwelling on.

Thor: Ragnarok was...hela good! Sorry, I had to indulge in that. But man, this is everything I wanted a Thor film to be! Intergalactic action, sci-fi stuff that isn't silly and amateur, and a more charming Thor who can actually carry plots on his own. I was surprised to see how much focus Hulk got and felt that it was a good continuation of Ultron, and Loki was neat as always. But the cinematography. Man, this was definitely the most visually appealing MCU to date, even compared to the very pretty Guardians 2. The scene of Thor and Hulk fighting in the ring was the biggest standout, but not much disappointed visually overall. Hela was a very convincing goddess of death and had a lot of presence. The film's weakest part was probably in the beginning; although I do admire it for being very tightly paced, I felt liked it brushed past a lot of the issues presented at the end of Thor 2 and Hela basically just comes out of nowhere. Also, I wasn't too fond of the janitor guy who served Hela. I thought he had a pretty decent arc going where he starts off as a nobody and degrades into a pretty intense villain, but his turn at the end of the film felt a little too sudden for my liking, even if his actor does sell it well enough.

I'm quite excited for Infinity War; let's get this show on the road!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    The first Deadpool was insanely succesful. The sequel would probably blow literally any Marvel movie out of the water, had it not been the culmination of 10 years of buildup, going strong of the back of Black Panther. People can talk about comic book fatigue all they want, but I find the idea laughable at this point.
    Now get ready for it to not even break a billion. xD

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Now get ready for it to not even break a billion. xD
    I would be flabbergasted if they didn't :D

I will be amazed if Avengers doesn't make a billion.

Barring it coming out to horrible reviews and being a terrible movie (not likely givent he directors' track record) there is almost no chance of that happening. Especially coming off the back of Civil War and Black Panther and Guardians 2?

Both previous Avengers movies did 1.4 and 1.5 billion, Iron Man 3 and Civil War did 1.1 billion, Black Panther is at 1.3 and counting, and ever sequel since avengers has done at least 700, with the last batch all hitting 900. Even first runners like Ant Man and Dr. Stange have done 500 and 700

There is no way Avengers does less than a billion. Probably 190-210 domestic opening weekend for around 400 or 500 mill opening weekend.

Deadpool t probably does close to what the previous one did. 130 mill opening, maybe 150-160 since its established now, but that R rating will keep it from the record numbers no matter what.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information