+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 10124

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nah, I think you need the context for that to work at all. That'd just be confusing.
    Thanks Robby. I can always count on you to shoot down my ideas.

...Eh, you're right though.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; July 9th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Hmmm after giving a few days to think about Ant Man and the Wasp, it seems like they planted a handful of stuff to build off of:

Spoiler:

1.Obvious the whole set up for Cassie Lang wanting to be a hero so...yup no brainer there. Heck, that line with her teaming up with her father was just flat out thrown at the audience.
    2.Ant Man showing up most likely in Avengers 4 by being pulled out from the Quantum Realm (MOST likely by his daughter or something).
    3.Leaving Ghost alive. Thunderbolts setup possibly for Avengers 4 or beyond? I mean it is great that they made her a fairly gray villain with plenty of room for character growth so I think there's potential here as well.

Anything else I might be missing?

Guh...got to wait almost a full year to see what Captain Marvel has for us :(

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Hmmm after giving a few days to think about Ant Man and the Wasp, it seems like they planted a handful of stuff to build off of:

Spoiler:

1.Obvious the whole set up for Cassie Lang wanting to be a hero so...yup no brainer there. Heck, that line with her teaming up with her father was just flat out thrown at the audience.
    2.Ant Man showing up most likely in Avengers 4 by being pulled out from the Quantum Realm (MOST likely by his daughter or something).
    3.Leaving Ghost alive. Thunderbolts setup possibly for Avengers 4 or beyond? I mean it is great that they made her a fairly gray villain with plenty of room for character growth so I think there's potential here as well.

Anything else I might be missing?

Guh...got to wait almost a full year to see what Captain Marvel has for us :(
    Isn't it more like 2/3 of a year? If it follows the new 'normal' schedule, isn't it due out in February or something?

Edit: Okay, March. Close enough. But this year has just been blasting through, so it won't feel like quite as long.
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; July 10th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Really liked it.
    Spoiler:
    Ghost was a more interesting villain than Darian Cross(?), and I liked that her phasing vs. Pym shrinking was more of a deadlock matchup, meaning, seemed close the whole time. Luis was awesome, wished T.I and Russianguy did more (although the truth serum scene was funny)

Although I *guess* one small nitpick was that it felt like the FBI should had more of a chance - specifically the day when they sought out Foster (who surprisingly had more to offer the story than I had expected, I figured Ghost would ice him) - for them to break into Scott's home, see an ant playing drums, and bust him. Because if they were tipped off by campus security, that should've set off red flags to call in patrol cars for his home and am I thinking too hard about this? maybe. It's just that when Hope said a "lunch" time limit and they were in the graveyard by NIGHTtime, I dunno.

Also I must've missed this pointless scene, because Hope, Janet, and Hank being Thanos'd seemed pretty important to me (was that not it?). Seemed kinda abrupt to have Scott trapped at THAT point, but getting him out is going to be hard. Especially if Foster and Ghost got Thanos'd too. I guess in Avengers 5, Cap will come up with the idea to seek him out.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Also I must've missed this pointless scene,
    There were two credit scenes. Did you stay until the very end?

Discovered Stowaway

I've been hearing mixed messages about the all the way at the end credits scene, and now I'm too intrigued not to check it out even if it means getting as pissed as I was seeing that lame Captain America message at the end of Spider-Man Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Another thought that occurred to me while watching Ant-Man and Wasp

Spoiler:
    How crazy would it have been if this movie actually came out before Infinity War and they left in the scene of Wasp and the others being disintegrated and we were all left with the mystery of "Why did THAT happen?!"

That's probably just a bit too daring for this franchise though.
    Nah, I think you need the context for that to work at all. That'd just be confusing.
    I think the lurking dread that it might happen at any time made it more effective than if the latter sequence had occurred first.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Whoops, I've been bad at this recently.

Hey, the got Vic Mignogna in this.
    Last edited by Robby; July 11th, 2018 at 11:13 PM.

That is fabulous and amazing. What production.

The search saw Marvel meet with over 70 potential directors. Marvel Studiosí Black Widow standalone movie has its director. Cate Shortland, the Australian director perhaps best known for the Nazi drama Lore, has signed on to direct Black Widow, Marvelís action-adventure project that will star Scarlett Johansson.

Johanssonís Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the Russian spy-turned-super heroine. The movie will be Marvelís second female-centric movie after Captain Marvel, which is due to open March 8, 2019.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rtland-1126708

I'm cracking up. Most threads I've seen that made this "Highly anticipated" announcement mostly had comments of "Who asked for this!?" Or "6 years too late." Or "Why? She's so boring."

Are they gonna give her that crappy long wig she used to wear?

This may be the movie to break my streak of seeing all the MCU stuff.

I hope she will have red hair

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

She better have red hair.

Given that this is a prequel I would pretty much think she'd have red hair.

The only question is how long will it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

gah, I hope they don't end up giving Nick Fury a standalone movie.

Still think the worst parts of the MCU are the parts that touch on SHIELD.

I thought the worst parts were the after credit bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

super hyped for the black widow movie!

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Still think the worst parts of the MCU are the parts that touch on SHIELD.
    I'm curious, why?

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I'm curious, why?
    Cause they are totally irrelevant to the movieverse. Still not as nonexistent to the plot as the netflix heroes though, lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information