+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys Be Careful!

Default Re: Guys Be Careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    In conclusion, we had one custom javascript file that had read/write access on it on accident. Someone found it and tinkered with it. The file has been fixed and been reintegrated. This SHOULD be the last of these issues, at least until we modify the site and forget to lock something down again.
    Why the hell do they even concentrate on this site, this is a forum for manga and anime nerds and various other lower forms of existence. (JK people :P) What possible gain could they get out of this that they couldn't on a site with a higher percentage of adults ?

Discovered Stowaway

53.9775% <-- someone need to remove this too

Ehh, ok sure. I don't even really understand what the purpose of that thing was.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Why the hell do they even concentrate on this site, this is a forum for manga and anime nerds and various other lower forms of existence. (JK people :P) What possible gain could they get out of this that they couldn't on a site with a higher percentage of adults ?
    If it was a bot, then they simply don't discriminate, which is the most likely scenario. The alternative scenario is someone with a grudge against the forums, but that's pretty unlikely in comparison.

Ehh, ok sure. I don't even really understand what the purpose of that thing was.

If it was a bot, then they simply don't discriminate, which is the most likely scenario. The alternative scenario is someone with a grudge against the forums, but that's pretty unlikely in comparison.
    Hmm, well if the stories I heard about this "Lobster" fellow are true then ....... :P

Haha I don't think LPS would bother with/has the ability to do this.

And also I have had no problems at all like this thread is talking about.

If we are lucky, then by the time you read this, I will be dead. If fate frowns, we all perish. The North-Western Mine is located at reference N81.6914, W58.3154. Kill them. Kill them all.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Hmm, well if the stories I heard about this "Lobster" fellow are true then ....... :P
    You need certain level of expertise before you can target online sites/servers, so chances of some one having a grudge then going on some underground training and then coming back to attack is ... unlikely.

I too think its a bot.

Besides Lobster wasn't dangerous or vengeful. Just annoying .

If we are lucky, then by the time you read this, I will be dead. If fate frowns, we all perish. The North-Western Mine is located at reference N81.6914, W58.3154. Kill them. Kill them all.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

People often attack places they are familiar with. People who do this sort of thing are nerds. We are nerds. The fact that our paths might cross with a person who would try and infect other peoples computers is not unusual. Especially when you don't put a big motive behind it.. just for the lulz.

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

The only thing I notice is pages asking me if I want to leave sometimes when I click on a new link.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The only thing I notice is pages asking me if I want to leave sometimes when I click on a new link.
    Same here........

Same as Zephos here.

That's part of the forum upgrades. It goes hand in hand with the autosave feature for posts and such. It'll always occur when you have something typed up and click to abandon it, but it comes up when pages aren't finished loading, too (which isn't how it's supposed to work, but it does). I might try debugging that later, but I have a lot of other stuff I need to get to first.

This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Giraffe View Post
    This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.....
    That's why you bring it up.

To needlessly awake tension

Btw: Urouge, if we're on the subject of tweaking, I get notified 70 % less then I did when you introduced that feature. Lke maybe one out of six or seven responses I'll get notified of, the rest I have the scour the threads, old style.

Is it possible to make it work better ?

Shipmate

Spoiler:

While browsing the Other Manga/Anime subforum, I received some warnings like the one above.

Now this seems to be fixed, but I though it won't hurt to mention.

Yeah my Avast is going nuts each time I open a page - any idea what is causing it - I probably wont be able to log on at work if there is malware because if they think the site is corrupt they will just block it on me :(
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Yeah my Avast is going nuts each time I open a page - any idea what is causing it - I probably wont be able to log on at work if there is malware because if they think the site is corrupt they will just block it on me :(
    Nothing on my side.

not Witcher, not Wizzard Tyndel's Avatar

Same problem with my avast.

Ehh, I don't see anything. I'll need more to go on.

Ehh, I don't see anything. I'll need more to go on.
    Well it isn't blocked at work - maybe just an Avast issue - i'll take a look when I get home in 8hours or so and give you anything the notifications have on it.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information