+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Small suggestions not worth their own thread

Default Re: RPG-Time Forum Theme

No. As it is we have themes that are nearly done that aren't even being finished due to real life schedules.

Andbesides, we ave no way of knowing if RPG time was REALLY from AP's suggest box, its a pretty broad theme that a lot of people could have suggested. Hattori time is about the only one we really would have known for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    No. As it is we have themes that are nearly done that aren't even being finished due to real life schedules.

Andbesides, we ave no way of knowing if RPG time was REALLY from AP's suggest box, its a pretty broad theme that a lot of people could have suggested. Hattori time is about the only one we really would have known for sure.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

"Greg: Proof that RPG Time came from CCC's submission! 「Yes, yes, good afternoon. My editor threw three blank pages at me. Without so much as acknowledging a response he irrationally demanded of me. We've got a request! Hisabisa Tarou from Miyazaki. Pretty sure he's the Amercan whose artwork has been in the comics before. He sent me the results of a One Piece fangroup on the net. How very world-wide! I choose this! This sounds okay right? "What if the crew were characters like in Dragon Quest"RPGTime! Let's check it out."

And besides, we ave no way of knowing if RPG time was REALLY from AP's suggest box, its a pretty broad theme that a lot of people could have suggested. Hattori time is about the only one we really would have known for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    With the same penname that I used for my art in Usopp's Gallery:
    久々太郎
    (Hisabisa Taro)
    Combine that with the post above, we now know that Hisabisa Taro is CCC. So I guess we can say for sure that it really is from AP's suggestion box.

Now, I'm really not familiar with the inner-workings of a website, but AFAIK to create a new theme u need to get 2 things done: 1. Coding & 2. Theme elements itself.
    As far as the 2nd one goes, it's possible to let AP members themselves create it. As long as the required spec is clear.

The 1st point is where I'm at a lost, if it really does take too much trouble, I guess it can't be helped. But if it's only a small percentage of work (compared to creating the entire theme element), my suggestion is still plausible

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

"Greg: Proof that RPG Time came from CCC's submission! 「Yes, yes, good afternoon. My editor threw three blank pages at me. Without so much as acknowledging a response he irrationally demanded of me. We've got a request! Hisabisa Tarou from Miyazaki. Pretty sure he's the Amercan whose artwork has been in the comics before. He sent me the results of a One Piece fangroup on the net. How very world-wide! I choose this! This sounds okay right? "What if the crew were characters like in Dragon Quest"RPGTime! Let's check it out."
    Well, nevermind then. Pretty cool after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    2. Theme elements itself.
    As far as the 2nd one goes, it's possible to let AP members themselves create it. As long as the required spec is clear.
    Hasn't worked out so far with the CP9 theme. And people have had like a year to contribute to that.

Hasn't worked out so far with the CP9 theme. And people have had like a year to contribute to that.
    Wow. Never even knew there's such a plan.
    Anyway, I guess people's participation / enthusiasm is something I didn't account for.

All I can say is: if u guys are interested, now is probably a good time. Since it's still a recent & fresh news, hopefully the hype is still high.
    Plus, even if there are doubts that it'll turn out much like the CP9 theme, it's really not that much trouble to : create a thread; post the required spec; give a deadline; create a poll to decide which one's the winner. And if there isn't any participant, just drop the idea. All those stuff are simple things that and even I can do, but without the 'prize' of getting their work made into an official theme, there is no point at all. And of course I lack the ability to offer such prize

So I guess my final proposal is this: I am willing to go through the trouble of holding the contest n all, as long as I have the support of the mods. Something like a written statement or a promise or some sort, anything that can give my thread enough credibility to convince people that their hard work will not just go to waste.

Default Re: Small suggestions not worth their own thread

Why not to begin with the art contest? After all that omake is based for sure on the idea suggested by AP community. Maybe later, mods can find a place where to put the winner work.

Just in case, here you can find the diary of the whole proces that lead to the fabulous adoption by Oda of the AP idea. :-)

Can we create a staff member designated to remove the steady flow of bots? Preferably someone that is both willing and online often enough to do this.

There's nothing that can be done about them, other than removing their accounts and banning their IP addresses. Mods are already taking care of that much better than on some other forums where I've been a member, but bots are always going to keep on appearing as long as a board does not enforce an anti-bot registration system involving captchas or admin activation of accounts. Both of those are pretty cumbersome to implement too.

Just ignore them. Most of them get deleted within an hour of their first post anyway.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Does that mean the idea is discarded now?

I wasn't aware that anyone can contribute, I thought the staff handpicked a few users and asked them if they would help? (the obviously talented people like Sai etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Does that mean the idea is discarded now?
    No, it just means its at the same 96% completion that it was at a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Can we create a staff member designated to remove the steady flow of bots? Preferably someone that is both willing and online often enough to do this.
    That would be a horrible staff position.

We already get them as soon as we see them, they're never around for long. And some staffers (like myself) are already on pretty frequently. We IP ban them when its doable, but usually they're across a pretty broad range rather than a static IP, so we can't do it without blocking out entire countries.

As is, we set it so that new members can't create threads for that very reason. The only place bots can make threads is the introduction section. Everywhere else where they post? Not much we can do about it but kill em as we see em.
    Last edited by Robby; December 20th, 2012 at 06:32 AM.

Small suggestion regarding the registration system: Is it possible to provide more security questions besides "Who's the creator of One Piece?" and randomize them?
    Could be a solution to stop these retarded spambots.
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

Could someone change this thread http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=30356& from "Next cover stories prediction thread" to "Cover Story theories and discussion". That way it doesn't seem like it's just about speculating what the next cover story is going to be.
    Last edited by Jackermeister; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Can someone please sticky this thread. One Piece Thread Reference. Or at least merge it with the Useful Links thread.

Done. I replaced it as the primary reference thread. Sorry for the delay-- looks like the thread was full of sticky requests-- so my bad.

Thank you very much!

i don't know if it is the right thead or not,but why are naruto and bleach discussion in the same thread?i wanna diss on bleach,but i haven't caught up to naruto,and so don't want to be spoiled.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    i don't know if it is the right thead or not,but why are naruto and bleach discussion in the same thread?i wanna diss on bleach,but i haven't caught up to naruto,and so don't want to be spoiled.
    I think it's supposed to be a joke, kind of a sign of disrespect towards both series.

Quote Originally Posted by sggupta View Post
    i wanna diss on bleach,
    That's why.

That's why.
    i was just kidding.but seriously,this thing is killing me.where else am i supposed to discuss the series,except the esteemed halls(threads) of apforums?now i'll just have to wait till i get caught up to naruto,probably after my exams.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Nobody here takes either series seriously, and its just nonstop bitching and complaining about both of them. So, they get merged.

As an added bonus, having the two series to jump between keeps the threads on topic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information