View Poll Results: Should these threads remain fused?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything in one place is convenient. Keep em merged

130 29.15%
  • Nah, split em back up.

121 27.13%
  • You should add Fairy Tail to this thread.

122 27.35%
  • Leave it be for 500 pages

73 16.37%
Closed Thread
Page 143 of 499 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 9979

Thread: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

Default Re: Kiba and Ishida rhyme I (WHY ME SAD?)

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Unfortunately this cliché allowed both of them to have at least twice the screentime.

Because you can bet your ass their fights will last several chapters.
    I sort of hope it's over with how the whole arc is being swept under the rug. Besides, I am trying to cling to straws for any reason to even find anything remotely interesting to talk about in Bleach when a lot of the typical talk gets boring. Maybe it's just me being sort of very estranged from AP and chat boards in general these days...
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
    Not only was it pointless, it didn't make a shred of sense. It's like saying you have healing powers that also let you shoot solid rainbows from your ass.
    If he does get back up, who knows what other powers he might have.

"Oh fuck it TIMEGOD SUPERMUSCLE"
    Hello next chapter title

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    If he made a contract with the Time Gods he better have more power than growing big and strong. He's like Yammy. Big, strong, and fodder. Talks a lot of crap and gets sliced up.

You know what would be cheap as hell? If he could rewind time and regenerate himself.

Butler is the healer, he can rewind time to heal wounds!
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

A thought bubble with WHY ME SAD over Ichigo and it's perfect.
    Could u please do this? Pleeeaaassseeeeee

Naruto Chapter: meh

Bleach chapter: was awesome only because kenpachi was in it
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    Butler is the healer, he can rewind time to heal wounds!
    Sooooo original.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    Warden, marry me now. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    That is way too awesome, Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    That really is freakin' epic Warden!

Thanks guys

A thought bubble with WHY ME SAD over Ichigo and it's perfect.
    And i came very close to using that, but the white around "the heart" was much quicker to deal with
    lurking around Arlong Park between dumps
    ------

Whatever happened to Kenpachi's ideas of trying to make fights fun by handicapping himself by using bells or allowing the foe to get a free hit in. Looking back at those times, Kenpachi should not be complaining about strength levels.

Unless Kubo means to tell us that Kenpachi has grown intoxicated with fighting only strong opponents and outright refusing weak ones while still wearing that patch and showing his compassion for fighting, there's no reason for him to have removed his bells. If he removed them, why not the eye patch as well? If he only wants strong opponents and is bored with the weak in the manner of finishing them this quick, there's no purpose to the eye patch either. If the enemy is weak, Kenpachi could rather have handicapped himself closer to his level to enjoy the fight more than go for a decapitation, thus back to the boredom.
    If im not mistaken, he had those so he could enjoy a fight as long as it would bear him with the handicaps as was clearly shown with his encounter in Soul Society (not much of a 'society'), by allowing Ichigo that free hit while wearing the bells.

Story short: Kenpachi whining about weak opponents and having stopped with trying to draw the fight out by handicapping himself to their levels, confuses his addiction and the little character he has.

to Warden: That was a good one. Ichigo must have been boring to watch. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post

Tell you what, ill do one better

Here ya go

Hidden:

And thus kenny left bleach for grander exploits and constant backgrounds
    This is too awesome. Props.

3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic and Luxor for Smash Bros. pic)

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    I laughed at the HM resemblance in the Hell chapter...but nothing but dunes AND geometrical objects? Like giant quartz cylinders? God, If Kubo ever did Purgatory it'd just be another giant desert walk, complete with its own las noches-only black! And the sky is orange from twilight! New location, done, wheres my check

Regarding Yukios ahem *chat rooms* ahem ahem, I just find it hilarious what Kubo is resorting to to make seperated one on ones.
    "Fuck, I need to have everyone seperated because nice and ordered tournament style duels is all I know how to do!
    AND THEN LIFE WAS A VIDEO GAME AND EVERYONE WAS PUT IN BOXES.
    Because uh, that makes it "more interesting" for the villains. Yeah.

What? that's how video games work! haven't you ever played Tekken?
    ..."tag team?" "Co-op"? "Parties"? The hell are you talking about

This makes perfect sense, shut up
    I understand chatrooms, but one on one? They should've done all the fullbringers on 1 shinigami, take that shinigami down, rinse and repeat. Much more effective - they would've had more of a chance if it was say, 6 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    to Warden: That was a good one. Ichigo must have been boring to watch. =)
    Of course it was, no one in their right mind enjoys watching Ichigo whining and crying over his powers to Ginjou.

Quote Originally Posted by Psywar1 View Post
    I understand chatrooms, but one on one? They should've done all the fullbringers on 1 shinigami, take that shinigami down, rinse and repeat. Much more effective - they would've had more of a chance if it was say, 6 on 1.
    Then there wouldn't be any pointless, boring 1 on 1 fights.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Whatever happened to Kenpachi's ideas of trying to make fights fun by handicapping himself by using bells or allowing the foe to get a free hit in. Looking back at those times, Kenpachi should not be complaining about strength levels.Unless Kubo means to tell us that Kenpachi has grown intoxicated with fighting only strong opponents and outright refusing weak ones while still wearing that patch and showing his compassion for fighting, there's no reason for him to have removed his bells. If he removed them, why not the eye patch as well? If he only wants strong opponents and is bored with the weak in the manner of finishing them this quick, there's no purpose to the eye patch either. If the enemy is weak, Kenpachi could rather have handicapped himself closer to his level to enjoy the fight more than go for a decapitation, thus back to the boredom.If im not mistaken, he had those so he could enjoy a fight as long as it would bear him with the handicaps as was clearly shown with his encounter in Soul Society (not much of a 'society'), by allowing Ichigo that free hit while wearing the bells.Story short: Kenpachi whining about weak opponents and having stopped with trying to draw the fight out by handicapping himself to their levels, confuses his addiction and the little character he has.
    Yea i agree it is a pretty big contradiction to what his character was all about. For that very reason of being an incontrollable guy with self imposed handicaps he was my favorite and the only character in the series i cared to see more of, but it seems like hes lost part of his overall character over the course of time. We all know that battle isnt over but even so the way he went about it to end it really quick just seems strange and unecessary if he still means to give his enemies a fair chance. Kubo really needs to keep the good parts consistent instead of keeping the crap consistent.
    lurking around Arlong Park between dumps
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
    Sooooo original.
    This is Bleach. Since when has Kubo had an original idea since Soul Society?
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    Yea i agree it is a pretty big contradiction to what his character was all about..
    Maybe he knew Giriko wouldn't be a satisfying challenge how matter how wounded he was?

Nah, that doesn't add up. I admit my hatred of these Fullbringers sort of altered my reaction; I wanted them all disposed of more than I wanted an interesting fight out of them. Then again, with all these hazy Fullbring details, how can anyone expect them posing a threat to the Shinigami whom we're familar with their ablilites and powers?

But on the other hand, it would've been cool to see some new Kenpachi attack.......

Here's my underlying question in all this. Are the other Shinigami going to straight-up murder these people? With Kenpachi, it's understandable, since he's the type to just not give a fuck if he kills someone. But Byakuya and Hitsugaya are more of the logical types. I can't see them killing their opponents so nonchalantly. (Although, the next chapter will confirm if Giriko's really dead)

It'd be nice if Kubo can supply some Fullbring backstory here, just to give this situation some context. Why did Kugo form this plan? What did he do, exactly, as a subtitute? Do the Shinigami intend to kill because they know of malice intentions amongst the Fullbring group that the readers and Ichigo do not?
    Last edited by MetaMario; September 9th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Maybe he knew Giriko wouldn't be a satisfying challenge how matter how wounded he was?
    Well, he did want to switch opponents before the fight began.

Nah, that doesn't add up. I admit my hatred of these Fullbringers sort of altered my reaction; I wanted them all disposed of more than I wanted an interesting fight out of them. Then again, with all these hazy Fullbring details, how can anyone expect them posing a threat to the Shinigami whom we're familar with their ablilites and powers?

But on the other hand, it would've been cool to see some new Kenpachi attack.......

It'd be nice if Kubo can supply some Fullbring backstory here, just to give this situation some context. Why did Kugo form this plan? What did he do, exactly, as a subtitute? Do the Shinigami intend to kill because they know of malice intentions amongst the Fullbring group that the readers and Ichigo do not?
    It's actually understandable why Fullbringers aren't threatening, Ginjou wanted to retreat when Ichigo got his Shinigami powers back: http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/23041588/5.

Even if the Fullbringers received their powers when their mothers were attacked by hollows, they're still just humans and naturally Shinigamis are going to be much stronger, especially since they've probably been training to become even stronger since the last arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Machuran. View Post
    Well, he did want to switch opponents before the fight began.
    That's true.

It's actually understandable why Fullbringers aren't threatening, Ginjou wanted to retreat when Ichigo got his Shinigami powers back: http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/23041588/5.
    I assume Ginjou is wary because he was a Shinigami agent, and obviously knows the power of these guys. Maybe not specficially these Shinigami, but enough to know that three Captains, one Vice-Captain, and a Third Seat mean trouble.

Even if the Fullbringers received their powers when their mothers were attacked by hollows, they're still just humans and naturally Shinigamis are going to be much stronger, especially since they've probably been training to become even stronger since the last arc.
    That's exactly what I mean. I'm sure everyone in this thread knew the Shinigami would be able to prove to be a juggernaut challenge to humans with powers that still have no consistency. At the very least, Ichigo's Fullbring gave them power-ups to keep up with their opponents, but I can't see them being formidable in their own right.

I assume Ginjou is wary because he was a Shinigami agent, and obviously knows the power of these guys. Maybe not specficially these Shinigami, but enough to know that three Captains, one Vice-Captain, and a Third Seat mean trouble.
    Yeah, but even after Ginjou took his Fullbring powers, he and Tsukishima were ready to leave Ichigo behind.

That's exactly what I mean. I'm sure everyone in this thread knew the Shinigami would be able to prove to be a juggernaut challenge to humans with powers that still have no consistency. At the very least, Ichigo's Fullbring gave them power-ups to keep up with their opponents, but I can't see them being formidable in their own right.
    Even with the power-ups, the Shinigamis still seem much more powerful, even with the stronger Fullbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Machuran. View Post
    Yeah, but even after Ginjou took his Fullbring powers, he and Tsukishima were ready to leave Ichigo behind.
    Then I wonder what exactly, he was planning to do with them......I bet Ginjou wished he got out of there before his new opponents emerged, lol.

Even with the power-ups, the Shinigamis still seem much more powerful, even with the stronger Fullbringers.
    If Kenpachi apparently one-shotting King Bradley is any indicator.....they're doomed.

Then I wonder what exactly, he was planning to do with them......I bet Ginjou wished he got out of there before his new opponents emerged, lol.

If Kenpachi apparently one-shotting King Bradley is any indicator.....they're doomed.
    Yeah, I guess so, but why didn't the Soul Society deal with them much sooner?
    Last edited by Machuran.; September 9th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information