View Poll Results: Should these threads remain fused?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything in one place is convenient. Keep em merged

130 29.15%
  • Nah, split em back up.

121 27.13%
  • You should add Fairy Tail to this thread.

122 27.35%
  • Leave it be for 500 pages

73 16.37%
Closed Thread
Page 153 of 499 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 9979

Thread: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

Default Re: Orange jumpsuits require Detergent I (WHY ME SAD?)

The heck.....isn't that forest on Karakura Town? I don't get Ginjou's logic. Did Kubo did that so that he can draw more white?

And yay Yachiru!!!!!! And I gotta admit Rukia's part made me laugh.

Huh, I thought the chapter would be coming tomorrow. So, Bleach:

Hahaha! Liking Yachiru's new X pin in her hair.....glad Kubo didn't forget her. But alas....Bradley seems to be really dead. *sighs* Oh well, just wish we'd gonna a little more something out Kenpachi's fight.

Next we have Hitsugaya vs Yukio, which really does not excite me. I really thought Hitsugaya would jump into his overly-used Bankai at the drop of a hat, but I guess he doesn't have to use it....yet. Again, this fight does not draw my attenton too much.

Then we have Rukia vs Riruka. (oh for crying out loud, their names are similar?) Got a chuckle out of Rukia being confounded by the cute things (her obsession with rabbits comes to mind), but Rukia better kick her ass.

Ichigo (and Ishida) vs. Kugo. Wait, wait.....you're telling me Uryu had a suspection there were other Subsitutes back in the SS arc? Why didn't he mention it? Ichigo: I would've forgotten it a few days----seriously? If I was Ichigo, I'd be pretty curious if others had my job. To think that could've served as discreet foreshadowing for Kugo's reveal....

Now Byakuya vs Tsukishima.....eh, at least Tsukishima isn't just warping his memory right from the beginning. But I don't know....I really think he's just gonna troll the hell out of Byakuya next chapter (which I fucking pray doesn't happen)

Also, is me, or did Rukia and Byakuya both look off in a few panels....?
    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/58795317/15 (Rukia, middle right panel)
    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/58795317/17 (Byakuya, middle left panel, looks REALLY off)

Eh.....guess I'll read Naruto.
    Last edited by MetaMario; September 13th, 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Where the hell did Urahara and Isshin go? I assume they're moving the others downstairs...?

3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic and Luxor for Smash Bros. pic)

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I was just gonna post how in real life this would just be as unlikable as Hitler fighting Stalin one on one, but....bullshit I want to see them duke it out !
    This good enough?:http://dsss.be/hitler-vs-stalin/index.php?img=0
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.

The only evil in this world is ignorance.

This week's Naruto was entertaining to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

*Steps in*
    Time to reach the bottom of the wheel again.
    Play-by-Play Bleach:
    Hidden:

NotBradley: It's impossible!
    But yes, it is possible to look stupid while dying and looking like your eyes are about to explode.
    Kenpachi: No one else is done yet?
    I can relate. Sadly, in my case, I only say this at the dinner table.
    Kenpachi: I'm bored. Bored bored bored.
    If you're going to recycle lines Kubo, could you at least make a song out of it or something to entertain us?
    Yachiru: No! We're not allowed to go yet!
    Oh hey, someone slightly interesting.
    Title: Quiet Chamber, Noisy Heart
    Tagline: The Death Games Begin!
    How the fuck does that title match? I think he's just picking random quotes from poetry! Someone should sue!
    Ichigo: Karakura Town again?
    NotAizen: You wanted backgrounds? Fine, we fucking copypasted them just for you!
    Ichigo: What?
    NotAizen: Sorry, I don't know where that came from.
    Ishida: I'm joining the fight because I got healed.
    ....Meh, not everything can be seen onscreen.
    Ishida: Sorry Kurosaki, I thought that there might've been other sub Shinis before you, but I kept forgetting to tell you.
    Here's my translation:
    Ishida:
    It would explain why he waited after an entire fucking time skip to mention this, wouldn't it? :)
    Ishida: I figured they'd tell you if he were alive or dead, but since they didn't they probably didn't know either so I said absolutely nothing. I really should've said something in retrospect.

Ichigo: You fuckhead! That don't matter! I would've forgotten anyway.
    Ichigo (thoughts): Were they hiding something?
    Congrats Ichigo, you're the SMART one this week.
    Ishida: Kurosaki doesn't need to know.
    Never mind, I got the text mixed up about who was talking. And Ishida, there isn't a Slowpoke clip good enough for that level of stupid.
    *Hitsugaya v Hi2Gaya*
    *Pixel Missles*
    I can dig those.
    Hi2Gaya: Blah blah blah I'll explain the rules later.
    *Rukia vs Charlotte PerNoA*
    Rukia: Don't think my love of stuffed animals will stop me!!
    Pfft. Okay, that got a smirk out of me.
    *The clones*
    Byakuya (so that's who he was): You are a bad person.

Aaand that's this week's Bleach.
    Let's see if this week's Naruto can at least help cover the vomit like aftertaste.

Naruto:
    Hidden:

*Fight starts*
    Hey, the first page didn't hurt. Maybe this will be an okay week.
    Naruto: *Rasenfail*
    Naruto: Shit! It's not perfect yet.
    Hey, I'll take this. Sure it's padding, but at least he's less Jesus-y now.
    Naruto: Hey, I need to chat with Bee.
    Comm Guy: You need someone from the Comm Squad.
    Comm Guy: I'm from the Comm Squad.
    Realistic dialogue thar.
    Raikage: *Punches*
    CG: Oh noes, he'll punch him.
    ....This means what?
    CG: LAVA RUBBER!
    Why is it lava rubber? Just make it rubber for all the good it does.
    Still, you get points for turning it into a decoy. Sure, you could argue that it's making the Raikage looking dumb, but mindless zombie's aren't exactly smart, you know?
    Hachibi: Stop peeing already!
    Charming. Maybe if Kishi really wants to make peeing funny, he should ask Vivi and Zidane, or possibly even Kojima. At this point, why the hell not?
    Hachibi: We fought and....I don't remember how he got injured.
    Okay, strange but this should make things more interesting.
    Naruto: *Normal Rasengan*
    ...Is he....strategizing? Dare I dream this will lead up to something clever? What did he figure out about the Raikage?
    Naruto: *Hits his arm*
    Raikage: *Cuts himself*
    Wait, what does that---oh no no no no no no. Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me the Raikage didn't cut himself out of guilt!
    Naruto: He fell on his jutsu while it was active.
    *Takes deep calming breaths*
    Still stupid, but you lowered the bar so much that this is actually a step up. No rage....this week.
    Tagline: Next Time: Gaara vs Mizukage
    Yay! We get Mr. Silly again!

Man this week blew.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Ichigo (and Ishida) vs. Kugo. Wait, wait.....you're telling me Uryu had a suspection there were other Subsitutes back in the SS arc? Why didn't he mention it? Ichigo: I would've forgotten it a few days----seriously? If I was Ichigo, I'd be pretty curious if others had my job. To think that could've served as discreet foreshadowing for Kugo's reveal....
    Probably the same reason why Ichigo didn't ask his dad any questions after finding out that he's a Shinigami.

Btw, how have Kon and that Terminator girl working for Urahara been doing? Did she go on another killing spree yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Machuran. View Post
    Probably the same reason why Ichigo didn't ask his dad any questions after finding out that he's a Shinigami.
    He has no common sense....at all?

Read Naruto. Feh, I thought there was going to be some strategy in Naruto's attack, not just "Raikage fell on his jutsu". And oh god....Kishi has ruined Gaara so I dread his actions next chapter.

Still.....wasn't too bad I guess.

Byakuya is the best reason to read Bleach. He made this chapter

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Byakuya is the best reason to read Bleach. He made this chapter

I think you spelled Yachiru wrong.

I don't even know who Yachiru is. Too many names in Bleach lol

Bya.... who?
    I agree that the only good thing was Yachiru
    Nah.

Just read Naruto, someone please explain how lava makes rubber?

And it wasn't until that close up panel on page 11 that I realised the Raikage has a Harry Potter scar.
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

Naruto: Goddamn the first half of this chapter was tedious as hell. And did we really need to show Raikage getting beaten from 3 different angles?

Bleach: I honestly have no fucking clue what Ichigo and Ishida were talking about. At all. Other than that, more cliched dialogue that attempts to be badass but has no substance to it.

So yeah, this week's chapters were relatively decent.

Gah, all these Fullbring fights are bugging me.

Will the rest be dragged out messes? Or super-fast one-shots like Kenpachi? Either way, I know I won't be too pleased. The latter option gets rid of these ripoff Vizards, but at the cost of having engaging fights. If the Shinigami kill (or defeat) them so fast, it'll be like Rukia restoring Ichigo's powers....actions that make the arc seem even more like a waste of time, and poising the same question, "what exactly was the delay to do this?". Sure, it reminds us that the characters we're all too familar with aren't going to lose to bunch of undeveloped characters with inconsistent powers, cementing their strength. But.....it makes Ichigo and his friends seem that much more puny in the grand scheme of things......like Kubo's trying to suggest that really, only everyone and everything Shinigami is the solution.

On the other hand, if these fights are dragged out....it'll be Fake Karakura all over again. They'll get boring fast, and make the readers nearly blow a blood vessel at wishing Kubo would stop being so damn slow with the pacing. Sure, any action is better than most of this arc's chapters, which were boring and hardly advanced the plot. But....monotonous action? Composed of the same things we saw in SS, Hueco Mundo, and Fake Karakura? Not ideal.

Really, the best option is to have these fights move a modest pace....and to add something different to the table. But.....I doubt Kubo can do that.

Meanwhile, I have so many unanswered questions it's not even funny. Not trivial, minor details.....major plot points.

/analysis
    Last edited by MetaMario; September 13th, 2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: It's funny how I'm much more familar with Bleach than Naruto at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    And on the Bleach side of things.... we're... back....

....in Karakura town?!

This is like a sick fucking joke.
    It's particularly sad considering -based off Peronas bunnies and Ginjous words- they can shape these rooms into literally whatever they want. We could get everything from space to lava worlds.
    But so far we got Same place as Before, Whitespace, Bunnies, Rooftop Quite Similar to the One They Were on Previously, and...karakura fucking town. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo was just reusing backgrounds from the arrancar arc finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I am the only one who found it hilarious how Byakuya is like "Kurosaki is a lenient man. Even if he's overcome by anger he wouldn't kill you" to Tsukishima, considering how Ichigo was going insane and saying he had to kill tsukishima this whole arc
    Come now, I'm sure Ichigo didn't mean to cut off the arm of a man who hasn't even raised his sword before he knew Orihime was there. He's just hot-blooded, it's no biggie.

Will the rest be dragged out messes? Or super-fast one-shots like Kenpachi? Either way, I know I won't be too pleased. The latter option gets rid of these ripoff Vizards, but at the cost of having engaging fights. If the Shinigami kill (or defeat) them so fast, it'll be like Rukia restoring Ichigo's powers....actions that make the arc seem even more like a waste of time, and poising the same question, "what exactly was the delay to do this?". Sure, it reminds us that the characters we're all too familar with aren't going to lose to bunch of undeveloped characters with inconsistent powers, cementing their strength. But.....it makes Ichigo and his friends seem that much more puny in the grand scheme of things......like Kubo's trying to suggest that really, only everyone and everything Shinigami is the solution.

On the other hand, if these fights are dragged out....it'll be Fake Karakura all over again. They'll get boring fast, and make the readers nearly blow a blood vessel at wishing Kubo would stop being so damn slow with the pacing. Sure, any action is better than most of this arc's chapters, which were boring and hardly advanced the plot. But....monotonous action? Composed of the same things we saw in SS, Hueco Mundo, and Fake Karakura? Not ideal.
    Excactly. Well said. I'd just like to add that all the shinigami participants of this climax have been present for only four or so chapters with barely any lines of dialogue each -even more so than the underdeveloped Fullbringers, the fact that the shinigami have absolutely no relation to any of them or hell, any reason to be here at all, is what kills these fights for me.

I mean, imagine if the first time you saw the crew post-time skip was when they were getting paired off with the NFP. Zoro gets to say two sentences, beats his opponent in a single page, then dissapears from the climax again.

Really, the best option is to have these fights move a modest pace....and to add something different to the table. But.....I doubt Kubo can do that.

Meanwhile, I have so many unanswered questions it's not even funny. Not trivial, minor details.....major plot points.

/analysis
    That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now; the delay is there to drag this series on for 10 years (or so I heard). There might be more unanswered questions based on Uryu's comments to Ichigo in this chapter, if it gets touched upon again.

Guys, chalk me up to being one of the people not getting Uryuus speech. Either Ginjo is dead, or alive or...something else? Whatever, it's time for Ichigo to be a pale imitation of his former self!
    It's kind of freaky seeing him act like this when you rewind time a few weeks to the murderous psychopath/depressive crybaby. One undeserved powerup and it's like the past Ichigo is completely erased.

And Kubo, I know you're trying to make him charming, but when Ichigo states that "LOL even if you pointed out the potential danger and stupidness of it I would just forget and join Ginjo anyway"...it's not. It makes him literally unbelievably stupid. And just the fact that Ichigo acts like "whatever, me joining Xcution was no big deal, so what if it happened", considering all the brainwashing, mental torture, manipulation....it's freaking bizarre. Like he has a bipolar disorder or something.
    Either that or he's so warped that as long as he has a sizeable safety blanket of power, he can block out any and all negative events happening to him.

That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now; the delay is there to drag this series on for 10 years (or so I heard).
    I know, it's just bad Kubo's not really investing any effort to improve on the mistakes he made an arc ago.

There might be more unanswered questions based on Uryu's comments to Ichigo in this chapter, if it gets touched upon again.
    You mean....in terms of his race knowing about a whole bunch of subtitutes? Or something to that effect?

That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now;
    There is no plot to advance.

Closed Thread

Thread Information