View Poll Results: Should these threads remain fused?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything in one place is convenient. Keep em merged

130 29.15%
  • Nah, split em back up.

121 27.13%
  • You should add Fairy Tail to this thread.

122 27.35%
  • Leave it be for 500 pages

73 16.37%
Closed Thread
Page 154 of 500 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 10000

Thread: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

Default Re: Orange jumpsuits require Detergent I (WHY ME SAD?)

Naruto: Goddamn the first half of this chapter was tedious as hell. And did we really need to show Raikage getting beaten from 3 different angles?

Bleach: I honestly have no fucking clue what Ichigo and Ishida were talking about. At all. Other than that, more cliched dialogue that attempts to be badass but has no substance to it.

So yeah, this week's chapters were relatively decent.

Gah, all these Fullbring fights are bugging me.

Will the rest be dragged out messes? Or super-fast one-shots like Kenpachi? Either way, I know I won't be too pleased. The latter option gets rid of these ripoff Vizards, but at the cost of having engaging fights. If the Shinigami kill (or defeat) them so fast, it'll be like Rukia restoring Ichigo's powers....actions that make the arc seem even more like a waste of time, and poising the same question, "what exactly was the delay to do this?". Sure, it reminds us that the characters we're all too familar with aren't going to lose to bunch of undeveloped characters with inconsistent powers, cementing their strength. But.....it makes Ichigo and his friends seem that much more puny in the grand scheme of things......like Kubo's trying to suggest that really, only everyone and everything Shinigami is the solution.

On the other hand, if these fights are dragged out....it'll be Fake Karakura all over again. They'll get boring fast, and make the readers nearly blow a blood vessel at wishing Kubo would stop being so damn slow with the pacing. Sure, any action is better than most of this arc's chapters, which were boring and hardly advanced the plot. But....monotonous action? Composed of the same things we saw in SS, Hueco Mundo, and Fake Karakura? Not ideal.

Really, the best option is to have these fights move a modest pace....and to add something different to the table. But.....I doubt Kubo can do that.

Meanwhile, I have so many unanswered questions it's not even funny. Not trivial, minor details.....major plot points.

/analysis
    Last edited by MetaMario; September 13th, 2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: It's funny how I'm much more familar with Bleach than Naruto at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    And on the Bleach side of things.... we're... back....

....in Karakura town?!

This is like a sick fucking joke.
    It's particularly sad considering -based off Peronas bunnies and Ginjous words- they can shape these rooms into literally whatever they want. We could get everything from space to lava worlds.
    But so far we got Same place as Before, Whitespace, Bunnies, Rooftop Quite Similar to the One They Were on Previously, and...karakura fucking town. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo was just reusing backgrounds from the arrancar arc finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I am the only one who found it hilarious how Byakuya is like "Kurosaki is a lenient man. Even if he's overcome by anger he wouldn't kill you" to Tsukishima, considering how Ichigo was going insane and saying he had to kill tsukishima this whole arc
    Come now, I'm sure Ichigo didn't mean to cut off the arm of a man who hasn't even raised his sword before he knew Orihime was there. He's just hot-blooded, it's no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

Will the rest be dragged out messes? Or super-fast one-shots like Kenpachi? Either way, I know I won't be too pleased. The latter option gets rid of these ripoff Vizards, but at the cost of having engaging fights. If the Shinigami kill (or defeat) them so fast, it'll be like Rukia restoring Ichigo's powers....actions that make the arc seem even more like a waste of time, and poising the same question, "what exactly was the delay to do this?". Sure, it reminds us that the characters we're all too familar with aren't going to lose to bunch of undeveloped characters with inconsistent powers, cementing their strength. But.....it makes Ichigo and his friends seem that much more puny in the grand scheme of things......like Kubo's trying to suggest that really, only everyone and everything Shinigami is the solution.

On the other hand, if these fights are dragged out....it'll be Fake Karakura all over again. They'll get boring fast, and make the readers nearly blow a blood vessel at wishing Kubo would stop being so damn slow with the pacing. Sure, any action is better than most of this arc's chapters, which were boring and hardly advanced the plot. But....monotonous action? Composed of the same things we saw in SS, Hueco Mundo, and Fake Karakura? Not ideal.
    Excactly. Well said. I'd just like to add that all the shinigami participants of this climax have been present for only four or so chapters with barely any lines of dialogue each -even more so than the underdeveloped Fullbringers, the fact that the shinigami have absolutely no relation to any of them or hell, any reason to be here at all, is what kills these fights for me.

I mean, imagine if the first time you saw the crew post-time skip was when they were getting paired off with the NFP. Zoro gets to say two sentences, beats his opponent in a single page, then dissapears from the climax again.

Really, the best option is to have these fights move a modest pace....and to add something different to the table. But.....I doubt Kubo can do that.

Meanwhile, I have so many unanswered questions it's not even funny. Not trivial, minor details.....major plot points.

/analysis
    That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now; the delay is there to drag this series on for 10 years (or so I heard). There might be more unanswered questions based on Uryu's comments to Ichigo in this chapter, if it gets touched upon again.

Guys, chalk me up to being one of the people not getting Uryuus speech. Either Ginjo is dead, or alive or...something else? Whatever, it's time for Ichigo to be a pale imitation of his former self!
    It's kind of freaky seeing him act like this when you rewind time a few weeks to the murderous psychopath/depressive crybaby. One undeserved powerup and it's like the past Ichigo is completely erased.

And Kubo, I know you're trying to make him charming, but when Ichigo states that "LOL even if you pointed out the potential danger and stupidness of it I would just forget and join Ginjo anyway"...it's not. It makes him literally unbelievably stupid. And just the fact that Ichigo acts like "whatever, me joining Xcution was no big deal, so what if it happened", considering all the brainwashing, mental torture, manipulation....it's freaking bizarre. Like he has a bipolar disorder or something.
    Either that or he's so warped that as long as he has a sizeable safety blanket of power, he can block out any and all negative events happening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Machuran. View Post
    That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now; the delay is there to drag this series on for 10 years (or so I heard).
    I know, it's just bad Kubo's not really investing any effort to improve on the mistakes he made an arc ago.

There might be more unanswered questions based on Uryu's comments to Ichigo in this chapter, if it gets touched upon again.
    You mean....in terms of his race knowing about a whole bunch of subtitutes? Or something to that effect?

That's the main problem, this arc is already pointless, boring, and it's hardly advancing the plot right now;
    There is no plot to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Excactly. Well said. I'd just like to add that all the shinigami participants of this climax have been present for only four or so chapters with barely any lines of dialogue each -even more so than the underdeveloped Fullbringers, the fact that the shinigami have absolutely no relation to any of them or hell, any reason to be here at all, is what kills these fights for me.
    That's similar to what I said before. We really need some backstory or something, to explain why the Shinigami seem so ready and willing to end these people. Did they know these guys would trick Ichigo and take his Fullbring powers? Do they even know what a Fullbring is? I seriously doubt it. Kugo's apparent past as a substitute does suggest that he alone is responsible for some malicious deeds (we barely know anything, I'm assuming here), but not the others. I'd like to know who knows what here.

I mean, imagine if the first time you saw the crew post-time skip was when they were getting paired off with the NFP. Zoro gets to say two sentences, beats his opponent in a single page, then dissapears from the climax again.
    It would suck. I suspect Kubo brought back the Shinigami favorites to move things along and bring up his ratings a little, but he didn't plan it very well. On a whim has been his default style for a while now.

Because we barely any information on the Fullbringers, the Shinigami rushing in to defeat them seems......extremely superfluous.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Either Ginjo is dead, or alive or...something else?
    It's so clear now!! Ginjou is... a ZOMBIE!! yeah I got nothing. maybe it's cuz it's Ishida, but the moment he started talking, I just automatically zoned out. then they basically had him repeat it a second time which was a waste of a page.

I know, it's just bad Kubo's not really investing any effort to improve on the mistakes he made an arc ago.
    It's worse because he's just adding more mistakes instead of actually putting an effort to try to fix those mistakes.

You mean....in terms of his race knowing about a whole bunch of subtitutes? Or something to that effect?
    Well, it depends on whatever answer we get on why Ichigo wasn't told about Ginjou earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    There is no plot to advance.
    Oops, I forgot about it...just like Ichigo. http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/58795317/9.

It's worse because he's just adding more mistakes instead of actually putting an effort to try to fix those mistakes.
    Well....yeah. If you take this arc and view it in a collective sense, there's so many instances where I really have to know what Kubo was thinking.

Well, it depends on whatever answer we get on why Ichigo wasn't told about Ginjou earlier.
    Good point.

Ah, Sage mode, how I missed you. On to Bleach.
    (Naruto chapter- decent, the beginning was pretty boring)
    Next week the meteor destroys everything.
    7 years later a boy staring at the sea.
    Konohamaru's adventure begins.

Well....yeah. If you take this arc and view it in a collective sense, there's so many instances where I really have to know what Kubo was thinking.
    Was he even thinking?

Was he even thinking?
    Beats me.

If anything, I got a cheap laugh outta Rukia. Kinda reminded me of Chopper.

20 chapters of Kenpachi and Mayuri tearing shit up. Fund it.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Why the PSP kid couldn't just put every shinigami into rooms without air? We've seen him create a world for Chad with various effects.

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

anyone know how much Bleaches sales are lagging, cancel it sookn pls

Reading Bleach.... *sigh* I think I better skip a few chapters and come back later, it doesn't make sense anyways (Uryu noticing that thing about Ichigo's badge..).
    Next week the meteor destroys everything.
    7 years later a boy staring at the sea.
    Konohamaru's adventure begins.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuffyWinner View Post
    Ah, Sage mode, how I missed you.
    Agreed glad that mode wasnt completely forgotten, id like to see if he could combine the two modes as well. Decent chapter overall, but now things should really get moving along.

As for bleach, well nothing really happened, and im actually surprised an enemy finally stayed dead for once. And haha another title winner, i read it quick and thought silent but deadly
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

I do not know what this Bleach is, but it sounds disappointing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information