View Poll Results: Should these threads remain fused?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything in one place is convenient. Keep em merged

130 29.15%
  • Nah, split em back up.

121 27.13%
  • You should add Fairy Tail to this thread.

122 27.35%
  • Leave it be for 500 pages

73 16.37%
Closed Thread
Page 400 of 499 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 450 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 9979

Thread: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

Default Re: Cuddly Kyuubi watches the Blank sunset I

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Honestly, in my opinion the straight man reaction is best used sparingly. We'll get that the gags are supposed to be weird/shocking without the normal person chorus chiming in every time. If they must chime in, make what they say funny in itself (some snide jab, trying to rationalize the gag, etc.), as opposed to just going "that thing you did was WEIRD! Look at the face I'm making!!"

Basically every series is guilty of this.
    Yeah... the "Look at those poker faces" was okay. After that it would've been funnier without her commentary.

But heck.. at least she's SPEAKING.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    Yeah... the "Look at those poker faces" was okay. After that it would've been funnier without her commentary.

But heck.. at least she's SPEAKING.
    I like that part as with those two it'd be hard to tell if it was their poker face or not. It's sorta funny, maybe I'm used to that style of comedy but I still chuckle when characters scream and point out the obvious. One Piece has a lot of gags like that. It seems to be comedic go to for Japan.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: Blah Ramen is better with Ketchup I

I read that some people were upset the Nine-Tails got "humanized" with a name. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the One-Tail called Shuukaku?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Shukaku DOES mean One-tail if I'm not mistaken.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

One tail is Ichibi.
    eaf4e9

*insert cute 'Naruto is ripping off DBZ, YYH and HnG!' joke*
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

We're more angry at Kishi revisiting a minor background thing like the One Tails's name a good few hundred chapters later just all out of the blue.

Another Rock Lee special: http://mangastream.com/read/rock_lee/32865992/1

Oh lord that last page. XD

That last page is so sad for me to laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Without further ado, Ch. 2 of Just Add Tournament Arc, Starrk vs. Ishida:

Spoiler:

Chapter 2: Starrk Vs. Ishida

Mayuri's sinister laboratory was a bit chilly in the morning.

He rubbed his hands and shut all the windows tight, he even sealed up the most microscopic of drafts with his tried and true slime. But nothing could keep the heat in; he supposed this creeping chill must be an odd side effect of his Space-Time Rape Machine as it thrummed into action, pounding the fabric of reality with its phallic piston.

“Kurotsuchi-taichou, we’ve just got the test results back!” said a junior 12th squad intern (#607) as he handed Mayuri the documents. Mayuri swiveled in his chair as he licked his fingers and leafed through them.

“And? How are the specimens faring?” Mayuri asked, clicking his long fingernail casually against his desk—which meant “fetch me a coffee.”

“All the Arrancar you wanted alive are still in their tubes for the moment, but they’re showing remarkable progression! With the exception of Yammy Riyalgo, who…”

Pound pound pound pound pound

“Uh, captain… I thought we’d scrapped that machine, for the plan?”

The Space-Time Rape Machine had nothing whatsoever to do with Mayuri’s mass resurrection scheme. Mayuri simply liked having space-time a little raped every morning.

“Fuck’s my coffee?” Mayuri growled.

“—

Too late. A final tap of his fingernail and the junior trainee’s head immediately imploded into a singularity, the rest slumping lifeless.

“Probably should have asked him about Riyalgo before I killed him,” Mayuri told himself, but he quickly jettisoned this ridiculous notion, since a high turnover of trainees was what fueled his scientific enterprise and promoted efficiency.

The familiar pounding of the piston jolted Mayuri’s memory. “Oh, that’s right, now I remember! I was tinkering with that Arrancar’s head while in bed the other night. Nemu!”

“Yes, father?” Nemu teleported kneeling at his feet.

“The head implosion technique is still leaving more of a mess than is acceptable, kindly wipe the floor using 607’s body while I make myself a little coffee and attach Yammy’s head to his neck.”

Mayuri strolled over to his bedroom and sure enough, there was Yammy’s massive noggin; in fact, it was hard to miss, since it took up around 93% of the room (2% was his futon and 3% was a prototype portable Space-Time Rape Machine). A gaping slit down the forehead told Mayuri that he had been handling the vanquished Arrancar’s brainmass towards some end, but what exactly that was he could not recall. But now the head’s purpose was to see battle screwed on the tiny decapitated neck of an intern.

It had been Mayuri who had raised a fuss to keep the tournament on schedule, despite Soul Society’s recent spate of rather hard luck. And he’d lobbied hard to arrange the matchups, with partial success.

“Oh good, Nemu, you’re here already, be a dear and pour me some coffee.” Mayuri’s pharaoh chin strap turned into a cup he could bring to his mouth by jutting out his jaw.

“Yes, father.” Nemu opened her mouth up wide and regurgitated the espresso—a glitch that was now a feature.

“Excellent work, Nemu,” Mayuri grinned as he rewired individual nerves in Yammy’s brain with plucks and twangs. “Though I have a feeling the tournament today will be the thing to truly wake me up.”

Nemu’s body temperature plunged now that the coffee had escaped her system, but her teeth chattering was lost to the

__*__*__

The first Arrancar to be ushered from the resurrection tubes to the battlefield was Starrk, who, as the strongest of the Espada, was the first to awaken.

"Dammit, I came to whip some shinigami ass," Ishida kvetched. "I mean, I just don't know if my heart will be in this one. Where's Mayuri!?"

Starrk stared. "...What are you? You a human or what?"

The crowd waited with bated breath as the two sized each other up, bated breath not because they were seized with excitement but because Mayuri had injected the soul dango with an amazing array of exotic soul parasites.

"I mean, I kill Hollows for fun, I pick my teeth with 'em," continued Ishida airily. "One time I invited in a whole host of Hollows just to annihilate them all. But you? You don't look like you're even worth the time of day."

"Wow, Ishida is getting pretty good at smack talk," said Rukia.

"He was a bit rusty but he's come a long way," said Ichigo.

"...I am a whole host of Hollows," said Starrk. "And frankly, as a single human soul you're not exactly what I'd call a worthy opponent.” Starrk sat down on his ass. “Can’t we just… talk?” he asked, lethargic and lonely.

“HAHAhh! I knew you’d do that!” Ishida shouted.

“What, sit on my ass?”

The anti-Arrancar landmine (yeah, remember that?) activated, toasting Starrk nice and crispy.

Starrk spat out some soot and scratched his head. “Ugggh. Ow.”

Ishida trained his shining arrow directly between Starrk’s eyes. “Any last words?”

“Sure. Kick about, Los Lobos.

Starrk’s gunslinger form transformation reverted him to full power. From now on the firearms would do the talking.

Literally, in Starrk’s case.

“Oh man, you had to release for a chump like this guy!?” Starrk’s guns were infused with the essence of his other half, the uncomfortably loli Arrancar Lilynette. (Lilynette Gingerbuck, if you really must know.)

But Starrk was ready with a new tactic to silence his irksome soul-twin. Coolly he raised a single finger to his lips and went shhhh. I got this.

“I never realized your nosehairs were so long,” she said, since as he shushed her he was still grasping that gun.

Ishida had never seen a spirit being with revolvers before. He wondered what sort of strange unfamiliar attacks Starrk might boast in his roster, and took a defensive stance with his bow-shield.

Of course, Starrk’s eclectic roster of attacks turned out to be LOTS OF BEAMS.

__*__*__

“Parallel lines, parallel lines, draw the parallel lines to make the moneeeey! Yeah!!” Kubo sang as he rocketed out about page a minute. His assistants pondered which rock anthem he was blasting into his ears that carried that beat. For lack of better things to do.

__*__*__

Ishida was no stranger to dodging ceros; getting thrown into a pit of insanely advanced and grotesque Hollows was his father’s idea of a therapeutic reprieve from training. These beams were coming pretty thick and fast, but it wasn’t anything lethal if he just broke a little sweat.

The real consternation was that of the audience, which couldn’t see what in the hell was going on. And hey, who knew so many Rukongai residents were epileptic?

“Run circles around ya,” Ishida panted. “Maybe you’d be better served launching paper airplanes those beams are so, huff, pathetic.” Ishida hid the stitch in his side.

“Admirable resolve,” complimented Rukia from the stands. “With smack talk like that, he’ll go places.”

Starrk let up his beam spam for his final, unavoidable onslaught move. Dozens of explosive ghost wolves spawned beside him, snarling and gnashing their fangs of pure energy.

Starrk’s glare of resignation clearly conveyed: This is the end. I wish you had been stronger.

Oh, now it was on. “You know something? ‘Pure energy’ is just about the worst weapon to use against me.”

The wolves pounced and sprinted towards the poor defenseless human. Half the crowd averted their eyes and braced themselves for the sounds of screaming and vicious explosions.

What they were met with instead was the heavenly hum of rushing spirit particles, coupled with the whimpering of a chorus of wolves.

“Before, you asked me who I am. Well now I’ll tell you.”

Ishida obliterated every trace of Starrk with a single gigantic shot, powered by the recombined energy of his own wolves.

"I's a Quincy, BEEITCH!" he crowed with a triumphal shove-up of the spectacles.

"And there he goes off the edge," said Rukia.

ROUND 2: ISHIDA WINS!!

NEXT ROUND: KON VERSUS THAT STUFFED PIG GUY

Lol, great stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Another Rock Lee special: http://mangastream.com/read/rock_lee/32865992/1

Oh lord that last page. XD
    Page 6 is just...well, lol.
    Everything's Eventual...

Was that a little jab at Kishimoto at the end there

Springtime author, you sly dog

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    That last page is so sad for me to laugh
    Me too.

Kishi doesn't like Lee. He is all over that Sasuke bitch.

This page literally had me rolling. Sweet jesus.

http://mangastream.com/read/rock_lee/32865992/3

That smile.

How on earth did Tenten get an invitation? But then again... she's done more in this war than Lee has.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    We're more angry at Kishi revisiting a minor background thing like the One Tails's name a good few hundred chapters later just all out of the blue.
    What? They can talk and have personality, they would have name. How is a revelation make you angry.

Ch. 3!!

Spoiler:

Chapter 3: Kon Vs. That Stuffed Pig Guy

The day before the tournament

The dim lights of the former Xcution base of operations flickered while Riruka played with her official Soul Society Shinigami Tournament hell butterfly, perched on her fingers, as she waited for that stuffed pig guy to pick up.

Click. “Hello?”

“Greetings, stuffed pig guy.”

“Hey, that’s Mr. Pork to you!! Wait…”

“I hope you know that the time it takes you to answer my calls counts towards your fifteen minutes,” she threatened. “Now get your ass over here.”

“But, but I can’t come over, oyabun’s orders—“

“If you don’t then I’m going to have to stuff you into an even cutesy wootsier little stuffy wumpkins, and then wouldn’t your oyabun find that interesting. Oh, and bring donuts.” Riruka hadn’t become quite as enamored with donuts as Ginjou was with ramen, but Orihime was determined to addict her. “We’ll have two glazed and a… what is it a girl like you eats? Creatine donuts?”

“Tell me again why I’m supposed to like her?” Tatsuki sighed.

“Don’t doubt my tried and true Friendification process! You’ve seen how Harribel’s been undergoing some outstanding behavioral therapy!”

“You basically just had Ichigo convince her to eat Hollows instead of human souls,” said Tatsuki.

And boy was Ichigo grateful he’d pulled that one off.

“And when we invite Harribel over for some Dance Dance at the arcade everybody seems to have trouble taking their eyes off her.”

The fat yakuza guy arrived at the dank Fullbringer HQ in record time, skidding to a halt on a stolen scooter.

“I got three glazed, I even added sprinkles!” he breathed, rushing in with bag in hand.

“You think ours are figures that can support eating sprinkles!?” Riruka seethed, swinging her hips to the side. “Tell him Orihime!”

“Thank you so much for coming!” Orihime gave the yakuza a bow.

Mr. Pork was so taken aback by Orihime’s genuine niceness he almost forgot to have an erection, but Tatsuki’s roundhouse to the gut soon assured him that his nethers had indeed sprung to attention.

“Oh thanks, you saved me from a spot of bother,” said Riruka. “Won’t have to bear his squeals.” She flicked her heart power at the fat drooling thug, shrinking him down and infusing him into the pig plushy.

“A marked improvement, I should think.”

“Why do we need to bring this creep again?” asked Tatsuki, a bit nauseated by the whole affair.

“When Ginjou discovered his badge was a monitoring device, Soul Society tried a different direction.” Riruka explained at length.

“You’re kidding. Fluoridated water!?” Tatsuki looked aghast. All those conspiracy theories were still off the mark, but their only miscalculation was the perpetrator.

“A single solitary sip and Seireitei’s science department’s got you in their sights for days,” said Riruka. “Why do they want this little dude?” Riruka gave poor Mr. Pork a squeeze squeeze.

“Because he’s secretly a robot from the future.” Orihime nodded sagely.

“…No. Because this shinigami tournament has been repurposed as a PR stunt, with a focus on entertainment value. And if I don’t go… well, let’s just say Soul Society isn’t exactly tripping over themselves to absolve criminals.”

As if on cue, in came Rukia (in her gigai so Tatsuki could see her better), also with donuts. “I’m baaack,” she called, slinging her coat over her shoulder. Ever since Ichigo had regained the ability to see her, she’d enjoyed spending time on Earth with her friends immensely. Though she couldn’t for the life of her understand what Orihime saw in Riruka, she was willing to let the lion’s share of her animosity towards Riruka if it meant more arcades and karaoke—the finest friendship venues Japan had to offer. “Oh, are we all ready to head off so soon?”

Rukia couldn’t help it, her expression turned sour. It was maybe not the best afterlife when good old Earth was preferable in every way.

“It won’t be all bad,” smirked Riruka unsettlingly. “It’s the law of the jungle. We special people are in the minority, so we’re weak. And of course Soul Society is keeping an eye on us, to keep us down. But if I manage to stow away as many shinigami into dolls as possible, that’s the power balance shifted, isn’t it?”

“That’s sick,” said Rukia—sure, the shinigami corps in general were not a shining beacon of ethical integrity, but she had plenty of shinigami friends as well.

However, Orihime seemed okay with this plan. Rukia suspected she just wanted to see Ichigo in doll form.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be the one keeping an eye on her,” said Tatsuki, giving Riruka a vigorous noogie.

“HEY!” Riruka would rather die than be disheveled for more than a few seconds (on the whole she rather overestimated her own cuteness), so Tatsuki would prove herself quite the effective counter to Riruka’s diabolical plan.

“Arisawa-san, are you certain you’re ready to handle Soul Society?” Rukia had to ask.

“If an airhead like Orihime can survive, I sure as hell can,” Tatsuki grinned.

Rukia’s smile returned. “All right then. Off to Urahara’s.”

The hell butterfly landed on Rukia’s head.

__*__*__

Where had Kon been during the entire Fullbringer arc? Why, where else: chillaxing in Soul Society. He was no longer needed on Earth, and here he could amble freely through the streets, staring up as many skirts as was feasible.

Unfortunately for Kon, there were no upskirts when one was dueling to the death. Though, it had to be said, what Kon dreaded most was not his almost certain demise, but Charlotte’s commentary.

“And now for a face-off for the ages!” Charlotte announced. “Aizen-sama, your lordliness, if you could sound the gong?”

Aizen did so, never for a second tearing his line of sight from Ichigo, who was shifting in his seat over in the stands. Ichigo gulped.

START THE FIGHTING!!, screamed the gong.

“If you think you’re gonna make me kiss the pavement, you’ve got another thing coming, pal!”

Mr. Pork landed a solid uppercut on Kon’s gob, and it would have hurt like a motherfucker but for the fact that both our combatants were far too soft and cuddly to inflict any actual damage.

Kon pondered his options. He could maybe sweep the pig’s legs and pin its neck so he could try twisting his adorable plushy head off. Perhaps a double chop to the abdomen followed by a dropkick, or a seismic toss suplex and a claw to each eye?

Upon careful consideration, Kon chose his shrewdest course of action and executed his master plan as Mr. Pork loomed bigger and meaner before him.

It was time to start digging. How long would it be before he fell through the vortex of existence back to Earth? He hoped he landed on some boobs.

Mr. Pork lifted Kon up by the legs and shook him, like a true yakuza. To the Porkster’s surprise, a little pill rolled out of the lion’s mouth.

“Uhh… he stopped moving. Does that mean I win?”

Say yes say yes say yes say yes, thought the pill desperately.

“Aizen-sama, your call!” announced Charlotte.

“The soul remains, inside the pill,” said Aizen. “And anyone whose soul hasn’t been obliterated still has a chance at a comeback, at REVENGE, don’t they? Kurosaki Ichigo.”

Aizen’s hair tendril swung to a point and accused Ichigo.

“I’ve known about you since the day you STARTED TO SUCK!” Ichigo jeered, cupping his hands.

“Sit back down!” said Rukia. “You’re disturbing everyone!”

“HE’S disturbing everyone!” Ichigo shot back.

“Look, you knocked this poor lady’s popcorn out of her hands, you oaf,’ said Rukia.

“Thass not popcorn, cutey. Them’s my teefs!” gummed the old lady contentedly.

“…Oh.” Rukia blushed.

“You okay, grandma?” asked Hitsugaya.

Meanwhile, Mr, Pork picked up the pill, and, unable to put a dent in it, ate it.

What ensued was an epic clash of two intelligences over a single… intelligences? Ha.

The pig doll danced spastically as their souls wrestled for control. (Charlotte misinterpreted this as the pig trying to commit suicide from grief, but that didn’t stop him from playing up the cutesiness of it all).

I’ve got so much to live for! the yakuza wept. I was supposed to meet for tea with my oyabun’s daughter today! Do you know how fine that ass is!?

Kon was overwhelmed by the yakuza’s plaintive perversion, and could not fight on against such a noble character. The pig doll spat up his pill once again.

Mr. Pork pumped his fist to the azure sky, his first true victory in life.

Then Giriko’s timer ticked down to the zero mark and Mr. Pork turned into a pot roast, devoid of life.

“God is great!” Giriko exclaimed, sitting with the rest of the Fullbringers (sans Tsukishima) in the stands. “What? I was hungry.”

ROUND 3: MR. PORK WINS, BUT THEN DIES ANYWAY!!

Aizen pushed the modsoul pill back in Kon’s mouth, as was his duty as officiator.

“Later, you’re going to tell me about what it’s like being in Ichigo’s body,” he whispered.

But Kon knew he had chips in this negotiation. “Only if you tell me the whereabouts of one Tear Harribel.”

__*__*__

The yakuza woke up as a bona fide soul in one of Rukongai’s dingier hovels.

He raised his head weakly and looked around, but he was having trouble making out his surroundings due to the buzzing swarm of hell flies.

“Fuck.”

__*__*__

Editor-sensei chomped on his cigar and stared blankly at the “name” sketch of the chapter.

“Kubo,” he said at last. “When I told you that a tournament arc would let you use every character, that doesn’t mean you HAVE to use every character. Kon versus the pig guy? Really?”

“It’s a gag chapter,” said Kubo, fingers steepled confidently.

Editor felt like blurting out that every chapter from he received Kubo was a fucking gag chapter, but he was better than that. No--With his next cigar, he would be better than that.

“Okay, fine, Kubo, fine. Just keep in mind that the anime team can fully realize matches you might like to skip in canon! Save some characters for the studio to play with.”

“So you mean the next chapter shouldn’t be Rikichi versus Umesada Toshimori?”

“Next chapter, I want you to be a ratings whore.”

NEXT ROUND: HITSUGAYA VERSUS BARRAGAN

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord
    “Later, you’re going to tell me about what it’s like being in Ichigo’s body,” he whispered.
    lol Aizen is such a creeper. god I can't wait for the next chapter.

Still taking requests, but please no repeats of characters I'm already doing matches for (see post some pages back) until the prelims are over

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I read that some people were upset the Nine-Tails got "humanized" with a name. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the One-Tail called Shuukaku?
    My issue is with Authors using the same mythology to take tidbits from. I get that Japan is proud of their mythologies, even the weird stuff. But there's other myths to use a similar themed name from. Also I find it an odd choice to use a name that gets used too much or his notable in other manga. I was more disappointed in the name Goku being chosen rather than Kurama. Although I have to really question why he chose that name since what I read about it, it has nothing to do with a fox, just a powerful Tengu. Maybe he chose it just cause it's similar in their trickester ways, although Naruto's Kurama doesn't really seem to play tricks. He just destroys. No posing as a woman to lure men away or anything lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Perhaps the Nine-Tails was jovial in his youth. He clearly has a case of Uchiha*-induced PTSD and has good reason now to be bitter and spiteful.

*My spell-check seems to think Uchiha = Chihuahua

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I was more disappointed in the name Goku being chosen rather than Kurama.
    I thought his name was "hoo hee hurr ha haa"?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Closed Thread

Thread Information