View Poll Results: Should these threads remain fused?

Voters
446. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything in one place is convenient. Keep em merged

130 29.15%
  • Nah, split em back up.

121 27.13%
  • You should add Fairy Tail to this thread.

122 27.35%
  • Leave it be for 500 pages

73 16.37%
Closed Thread
Page 498 of 500 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 10000

Thread: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach: not much happens I

I like how this Bleach arc looks like the start of a anime filler arc.

I came here to ITS NO USE Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    And lived. I just have to point that out every time this subject is brought up. She was cut cleanly in half and survived evn though she didn't recieve any immediate medical care. Nothing in Bleach is life threatening to the good guys and that's one of Bleach's main problems. There's no tension when it comes to 'Are the good guys in trouble'? Nope, they'll make it out alright. Not one good guy has died so far. At least I can't remember and we're on the final arc. Not one good guy has died so far.

Sasuke has a twin brother.

Oh god, it's Hipster Sasuke

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Oh god, it's Hipster Sasuke
    I have this thing called "Eternal Mangyeko Sharingan", but you've probably never heard of it

I came here to ITS NO USE Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

O hai my name is Aiven Aizuko.

What the hell are you doing in my bed?

Did you already forget about last night?

Get out you whore!

Oh hell naw *powers up to arc boss*

And Bleach.

Yeah. As if anything of this has any relevance whatsoever. Ishida destroying a whole hollow, Orihime healing whole two shinigamis and Chad having a whole line.

And lol at the Vaizards. Shinji, Rose and Kensei had to be reinstated as captain and go back live in Soul Society. The rest of them were allowed to live in the human world. So does this mean that Love got lucky because his seat was taken and remained in the human world?

The only hope I have for this is that Kubo doesn't have a russian or any other slavic language fad this time.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I like how this Bleach arc looks like the start of a anime filler arc.
    Kubo's learning from those who can make Bleach entertaining?

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach: Let's put this thread to bed I

This week's Naruto only reinforced my deep dislike for Sasuke.

Kubo: "Ivan" is a Spanish name right?

Ivan is obviously a смертный бог Captain from the Russian Soul Society where Aizen Rasputin is trying to overthrow the Spirit Czar and control Russian Soul Society with his army of Hollow KGB agents.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Yeah. Sorry mangastream. People aren't going to keep coming to your site just for descriptions of chapters.

Or this.

Hidden:
    Last edited by Robby; February 15th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    And now Hiyori has stolen Peronas face. Joy.

Bleach was more boring than bad, but that "badass" 2-page spread is just incredibly pathetic. Not only is it rich that Kubo tries making Ishida, Chad and Orihime look competent given their roles last arc, it's just a fucking lazy spread. No particularly dynamic poses, Chads arm isn't even powered up yet, Ishida just lounging in the back with that sad little bow...For a full two page spread which only basis for existence is to hype up the Mains in the eyes of a new character, which shows nothing new and has no real dramatic resonance, it was kinda underwhelming is all I'm saying.

Also, Inb4 Ivan is the top secret unmentioned totally not asspulled Aizen Science pupil who has been restoring the arrancar in order to bring them back as fanbai- I mean, back to the story.

I agree that characters can always be looked at in a different way, but an author with foresight should try to mine them of all their potential before he kills them off; that way you avoid the stink of lazy, bad storytelling that appears when you go "Wait wait wait, I just thought of some more lines for Nagato! Crap he's dead. Here he is as a zombie! Ok, he said his lines, now he's dead again."

Mostly I'm annoyed because this is the friggin series finale, and we've been served up reheated leftovers as the main course. Before this war, the antagonist-checklist included Kabuto, Zetsu, Sasuke, and Tobidara and his pets. 60 chapters into the war we're only just starting to get around to them because of a horribly pandering series-extending zombie apocalypse noone asked for.

It mostly comes down to this for me: you know when a video game pads the game by throwing past bosses in your face just before the final boss? I hate that. You can argue that it's fun to see you/the hero take them out with all his new moves, but when the opponent is litterally copy-pasted, it just feels like a waste of time.

As for the new zombies, yeah they can give some *cool* fights, potentially, but for the finale I'd like the fights to have a bit more emotional weight, and not be that shallow. I.e. I hope that for the inevitable straw hat- Blackbeard showdown, there'll be at least some prior interactions under the characters belts, so that Usopp vs Van Oger is more meaningful than Usopp vs Chew.
    Who is Chew? Looks like I missed something.... I wonder who is Chew? Chew can't be in Bleach, no noway there is anyone Chew in Naruto; must be in Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Who is Chew? Looks like I missed something.... I wonder who is Chew? Chew can't be in Bleach, no noway there is anyone Chew in Naruto; must be in Fairy Tail.
    You're either a bad troll or don't read One Piece.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Some of the storyboarding in this week's Bleach got pretty bad towards the end. Dull chapter, but still better than the tripe we've had to put up with recently. I know that every artist has their own idiosynchrouses when drawing, but how is it possible to talk conherently whilst your mouth is puckered like that?

Naruto, on the other hand, was just out-and-out terrible.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

where's juju to tell us how this week naruto chapter was awesome and how it defined how awesome of a character sasuke was???

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Chad can be the maskot of Bleach now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Kubo: "Ivan" is a Spanish name right?
    Kubo: They speak Spanish in Europe, right?

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Ivan is obviously a смертный бог Captain from the Russian Soul Society where Aizen Rasputin is trying to overthrow the Spirit Czar and control Russian Soul Society with his army of Hollow KGB agents.
    Seems to be the case. Although, смертный бог means mortal god, while бог смерти - death god.

"We are 500 years behind mortal countries. We must make good this lag in ten days. Either we do it, or they will crush us!"
    - General Secretary Sosuke Aizen

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Yeah. Sorry mangastream. People aren't going to keep coming to your site just for descriptions of chapters.

Or this.

http://img.mangastream.com/m/43/9403...c9e0fc32e9.jpg
    Seriously, Mangastream, WTF? Are they going to pretend the chapters are not available online?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    You're either a bad troll or don't read One Piece.
    I don't think the guy is trolling... he probably is not recognizing the name because it's often romanized as Choo or Chuu. Anyway:
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Chew

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    Seriously, Mangastream, WTF? Are they going to pretend the chapters are not available online?
    They released this before any of the Jump manga chapters went online. So it's basically a neat and tidy spoiler release. Pointless.

I don't think Kubo can draw backs of heads. Thats why there are soo many times the person always gets behind someone.

He's like okay i want both of these guys in teh same shot. Be weird for both enemy and hero to be standing side by side. I can't draw backs of heads. So how can i make them both facing me? I GOT IT. He will appear behind him. Puts on shades and smirks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    They released this before any of the Jump manga chapters went online. So it's basically a neat and tidy spoiler release. Pointless.
    They need to be out by a large margin for people to care. Only a few hours isnt' going to make people care.

I know I've said this a million times, but Ichigo's life really fucking sucks.

"Goddammit, a-fucking-gain!? Why couldn't I have been born back when none of this shit decided to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    "We are 500 years behind mortal countries. We must make good this lag in ten days. Either we do it, or they will crush us!"
    - General Secretary Sosuke Aizen
    I thought we already came to an agreement that every soul society was different and that each continent EDIT: Country get's their own, japan the "good guys" get a feudal society and use swords and america soul society has tanks guns and nukes, spanish people are clearly evil so there hollows, and now the russians the 2nd strongest military power in the after life, besides the american soul society is now trying to take over japans after life

and of course Australians use Boomerangs cause what else would they use right???

and this last arc is essentially the cold war where Naruto will come from his own series to this one and single handedly talk no jutsu everyone out of the destruction of the after lifes

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Closed Thread

Thread Information