Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Bounty Formula Discussion Thread

Default Re: Bounty Formula Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    Why the joke bounties from robin vs franky are different than their real semifinals' bounties? that didn't happen with enel vs zoro.
    That was an accident. You can probably figure out the source of the joke numbers pretty easily, but there's no real meaning behind them other than it was an accident.

The numbers on the real posters are correct.
    Last edited by Robby; September 2nd, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    the only thing that i could think of is that previous strawhats champions add 10 millions, strawhats who aren't champions add 15 millions, and characters who aren't strawhat nor champions add 15,5 millions. I don't think this is the solution.
    It's not. That bonus is my little contribution to the bounties this year; it's not something so random as that.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Oh, so there is an actual formula. I must admit it reminded me of the champions starter bounties too much to even look deeper into it.

check up from the neck up eerie's Avatar

Make sure you bug us if we don't do this soon, but we'll post all the formulas for all the rounds in here as soon ASAP..

Quote Originally Posted by eerie View Post
    Make sure you bug us if we don't do this soon, but we'll post all the formulas for all the rounds in here as soon ASAP..
    well, when are we gonna see that formulas? I'm very curious to know what were the formulas for the finals and semifinals.

sorry, been sick most of the weekend. I'll have to talk to Ubiq and round them all up.

Hope you're better now~ =)

So what about those formulae?! ;)

So, any of you want to post what you think the bounty formulas are before they're officially revealed? I know some of you got a couple of rounds, feel free to reveal and discuss em now if you want, this is your last chance to prove you know it!

1st round
    number of votes of the preliminarys x 60,000 if they ended first, x 30,000 if second and x 20,000 if third

1st round previous champions
    (21 + number of the tournament he won)x 1,000,000 + (last two digits of the year he won x 100,000)
    the 21 could stand for 21st century

2nd round
    previous bounty + previous round opponent's bounty + number of votes of the first roundx10,000 + number of votes of the preliminariesx10,000

3rd round
    previous bounty + (number of posts of his/her second round match + number of posts of his/her first round match)x20,000

4th round
    previous round bounty + (votes of the 3rd round - votes for the opponent in the 3rd round)x(votes of the 2nd round - votes for the opponent in the 2nd round)x(votes of the 1st round - votes for the opponent in the 1st round)x1,000

semifinals
    no idea

finals
    no idea

Finals: Old Bounty + Opponents Semi-Final Bounty + X

X = for each round, Round 1 thru Semi, then added all together ... ((thread replies + opponent votes)) x their votes)

I have the Semi Final bounty formula too, but the way Ubiq wrote it was very confusing, so I have to clarify with him what exactly he meant. So he'll have to clarify.

I also was the one who did round 4, and akagami's formula is correct. This is the way I wrote it:

Round 4 was:

Votes won by = V

V(round 1) x V(round 2) x V(round 3) = W

(W X 1,000) + old bounty (from round 3) = round 4 bounty
    Last edited by eerie; September 21st, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eerie View Post
    Finals: Old Bounty + Opponents Semi-Final Bounty + X

X = for each round, Round 1 thru Semi, then added all together ... ((thread replies + opponent votes)) x their votes)
    wow, I would never had resolved it, that's madness
    not saying that's a bad thing.

The Semifinal formula this year was the same as last year.

For each candidate, I took the margin of victory in percentages from each of their matches, rounded it up or down to the nearest ten, added the results, and divided by the number of matches. I then multiplied it by one million.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Congrats to Akagami for figuring out pretty much all the bounties. The last couple were extra tricky, as they came from the nigh-impossible bounty formulas of last year. Of course, that was the trick, if you thought to look up the old bounty formula, you would have had it.

The erroneous semi-final "joke" bounty was a template error, those bounties were from one of the semi-finals last year. I spent all that effort getting the real poster right, that changing the numbers slipped my mind when doing the fake.

As for the final victory match bounty of 3 billion, that one was mine, and it was completely arbitrary. I just made it the same winner bounty as last year. Whatever math got Whitebeard to that amount, I don't know, Robin just got it by a default as tourney champ.

All right, that's it for bounties, hope you all had fun figuring them out. Tried to keep them solvable, who knows what next year will bring!

Thread Information