Closed Thread
Page 255 of 592 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 11840

Thread: Post How Your Day Was..

  1. #5081
    Ttorquaresz Nia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Crazy Bird-Lady from Germany

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    I'm now wearing contacts for the very first time.
    Good lord, it was so hard to get them out .... it took me AT LEAST 10 minutes. I'm not that squeamish, but I just couldn't grab the lens, not even with the tweezer thingies.
    Doesn't help that she gave me the most slippery, smoothest they have (which I appreciate because I don't feel the lens at all, but getting it out is a nightmare).

    I won't be able to wear them often anyway because I'm working on the computer too long, but it's nice to know that I do have something I can use in casse my glasses break.
    Last edited by Nia; March 21st, 2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Oh God, I'll have to take them out again tonight ... craaap.

  2. #5082

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    I'm now wearing contacts for the very first time.
    Good lord, it was so hard to get them out .... it took me AT LEAST 10 minutes. I'm not that squeamish, but I just couldn't grab the lens, not even with the tweezer thingies.
    Doesn't help that she gave me the most slippery, smoothest they have (which I appreciate because I don't feel the lens at all, but getting it out is a nightmare).

    I won't be able to wear them often anyway because I'm working on the computer too long, but it's nice to know that I do have something I can use in casse my glasses break.
    Oooh, are they that bad? A few of my friends use contacts and they've all said that they struggle a bit when they take them out. I've always thought about using them, but that aspect put me off.
    3DS Friend Code: 1762 -3677-8048

  3. #5083
    Ttorquaresz Nia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Crazy Bird-Lady from Germany

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    Oooh, are they that bad? A few of my friends use contacts and they've all said that they struggle a bit when they take them out. I've always thought about using them, but that aspect put me off.
    Well, it was my very first try at getting them out ... so I'm sure at least 90% was my clumsiness XD At least it doesn't hurt ... well, the pressure of squeezing your eyeballs for ten minutes was kinda uncomfortable though XD
    But yeah, they're so slippery and smooth, you don't even feel them when you actually DO get them out. I only noticed because I didn't see anything anymore, lol.

  4. #5084

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Well, it was my very first try at getting them out ... so I'm sure at least 90% was my clumsiness XD At least it doesn't hurt ... well, the pressure of squeezing your eyeballs for ten minutes was kinda uncomfortable though XD
    But yeah, they're so slippery and smooth, you don't even feel them when you actually DO get them out. I only noticed because I didn't see anything anymore, lol.
    Haha, I remember feeling my brother's contacts once, that was some slippy shit. I'm not really squeemish or anything, so I don't think touching my eyeball would be a problem, but I'm pretty clumsy with my hands too so I'd probably poke myself in the eye on numerous occasions.

    I'm assuming they're better than glasses, so would you recommend getting them? 'Cos these flimsy little buggers are getting on my nerves.
    3DS Friend Code: 1762 -3677-8048

  5. #5085
    Ttorquaresz Nia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Crazy Bird-Lady from Germany

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    Haha, I remember feeling my brother's contacts once, that was some slippy shit. I'm not really squeemish or anything, so I don't think touching my eyeball would be a problem, but I'm pretty clumsy with my hands too so I'd probably poke myself in the eye on numerous occasions.

    I'm assuming they're better than glasses, so would you recommend getting them? 'Cos these flimsy little buggers are getting on my nerves.
    Well, at least you can't hurt yourself because the lens covers everything that has nerves. You can poke your eye all you want XD

    Hmmm, they give you a lot more freedom and you really don't feel a thing, so they're pretty neat.
    I'd definitely at least try them once.

  6. #5086

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    I'm now wearing contacts for the very first time.
    Good lord, it was so hard to get them out .... it took me AT LEAST 10 minutes. I'm not that squeamish, but I just couldn't grab the lens, not even with the tweezer thingies.
    Doesn't help that she gave me the most slippery, smoothest they have (which I appreciate because I don't feel the lens at all, but getting it out is a nightmare).

    I won't be able to wear them often anyway because I'm working on the computer too long, but it's nice to know that I do have something I can use in casse my glasses break.
    I totally understand. I've been wearing contacts for several years now so it's gotten much easier, but when I first started wearing them I had to add an extra 10-15 minutes to my morning routine just to put them in. Getting them out can be even harder... I just try to do it as quickly as possible. I saw this youtube video that suggests a different method, which involves kinda pinching your top & bottom eyelids down and together so that they squeeze the lens and it kinda just... pops out. It terrified me but maybe that will work for you. It's supposed to be safer than using your fingers, but don't take my word for it!!!! Don't try it unless you're comfortable with it :P

    Generally speaking, though, you'll probably just get used to it as time goes by.~
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

    Avatar credits to rcerione

  7. #5087

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Sweet, I'm definitely going to try them then. You have my thanks, m'lady.
    3DS Friend Code: 1762 -3677-8048

  8. #5088
    Ttorquaresz Nia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Crazy Bird-Lady from Germany

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    I totally understand. I've been wearing contacts for several years now so it's gotten much easier, but when I first started wearing them I had to add an extra 10-15 minutes to my morning routine just to put them in. Getting them out can be even harder... I just try to do it as quickly as possible. I saw this youtube video that suggests a different method, which involves kinda pinching your top & bottom eyelids down and together so that they squeeze the lens and it kinda just... pops out. It terrified me but maybe that will work for you. It's supposed to be safer than using your fingers, but don't take my word for it!!!! Don't try it unless you're comfortable with it :P
    Strangely enough, putting them in isn't a problem at all. I'm just very, VERY clumsy when it comes to taking them out XD
    And that technique sounds pretty horrifying, yeah XD Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep that in mind and might give it a try once I'm used to contacts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    Sweet, I'm definitely going to try them then. You have my thanks, m'lady.
    My pleasure *bows*

  9. #5089

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    It's currently sping break. Spring break = campus closed, campus closed = no work, no work + no school = super bored.
    Watch Bakemonogatari and play Tf2

    that was also my life for now btw

  10. #5090
    Discovered Stowaway Riddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    I often thought about buying contact lenses so I could really show people my pretty, pretty eyes. But it would be so annoying to always take them out when I read something (which I do a lot). Putting on glasses on the other hand can be done in a second if I need to. Heck, I only wear my glasses when I watch TV or drive around or something like that anyways. I don`t care if I walk into walls the rest of the time.

  11. #5091

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Wow is it beautiful outside today. It's not supposed to be this nice in March.

    Barely made it to my first class this morning. I overslept. I also just got an email that one of my other teachers that class today is cancelled, so I'm happy about that.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^ Feel free to add me on either ^

    Thomas & Friends: 70 Years of Friendship

  12. #5092

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    First day of my filmmaking marathon. Got 2 ideas that are now transforming step by step into proper scripts.
    Havent been this excited in a while
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

  13. #5093

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Today was typical as hell, and you might find that hard to believe.

    Well most of the day was the same old day to day routine of work and shit, until I left work and met three people. The first guy was asking for a smoke and decided to befriend me on my journey for a few minutes. Apparently from what I could understand....this guy had some kind of metal rod in his arm that the doctors placed in him, for whatever reason that may be. But in the same breathe was calling them all cunts and saying it was some conspiracy. When I asked him why he was hanging around at this time of night he told me he was on the look out for bad guys. He elaborated....saying that he trekked in the roofs looking for graffiti artists and robbers and villains. I short this guy thought he was a genuine kickass hero. Either way after a few more minutes of this he suddenly stopped, pointed at some random guy down the street and ran after him. I have to say I was belly-aching from laughter.

    After that I got some smoke from the station and walked only fifty metros around to corner to find two punks on the path. One flicked open a blade and smiled at me. Now you might think this is a bad thing, but they looked more malnourished than the average Ethiopian. After seeing the hero and then these two skinny faggots I just burst out laughing. Literally pointed at his face and just laughed. After several seconds of me just dying inside the one with the blade came towards me. Out comes my knife and surprise surprise one of them just sprints away leaving his mate, who looks at his mate half way down the road at this point and then looks back at me, before running off as well.

    All in all a fucking brilliant day I guess. Funnily enough though this is the third time someone tried to mug me, got laughed at and left. I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually has the bottle to follow through with these lame ass threats around here. Oh well....it'll kill the time from my journey from work to my house around the block.

  14. #5094

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    I think Smudge wins this page people.
    3DS Friend Code: 1762 -3677-8048

  15. #5095

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Discovered that my ovaries can regenerate because every week whenever I see every new chapter of One Piece they seem to explode...

    I wonder whyyyyy...

    Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri & the Lawfare arm-y.

  16. #5096

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    The only time I ever came close to some sort of knife encounter was when I was at a bar and my friend was joking around and said something to me and I took a bottle and smashed the bottom part off and said "I'll kill you!" (joking too of course). Then the guy behind the counter yelled "Hey, pick up that glass, don't ever let me catch you doin' that agian!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!


  17. #5097

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    All in all a fucking brilliant day I guess. Funnily enough though this is the third time someone tried to mug me, got laughed at and left. I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually has the bottle to follow through with these lame ass threats around here. Oh well....it'll kill the time from my journey from work to my house around the block.
    Huh.

    Ya know, I'd sort of start to consider changing the neighbourhood if I was you O_O

  18. #5098

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Speaking of knives and guns...............
    the price of AK-47's here have dropped from 3000 to 700. I'm thinking of buying one soon.
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

  19. #5099

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    I'm now wearing contacts for the very first time.
    I wore lenses for years. Hard to remember the first times but I think it took me quite some time to get used to it. Red, itchy eyes.
    Then it just became daily routine.
    I would explain how I did it but I believe that everyone has their own ways of dealing with it.
    It'll come :)

    After about 10 years I got lasik. It scared most of the people I know but after so many year of touching your own eyeball on daily basis, having a laser polish your corneas doesn't seem so terrifying.
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~


  20. #5100
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Post How Your Day Was..

    Read some Future Diary, finished with the French homework...

    Yesterday, I went to get my combined advanced certificate in English language. I amazed some of my teachers... it felt good to be honest~

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts