Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: Third Round Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Donuts View Post
    I'll be doing what I can to help Robin beat that nasty Croc.
    I hope you are aware that Crocodile has killed everyone who has had the balls to try to humiliate him.

Hidden:

And he impaled Robin.
    Hidden:

But I bet that the next time we see him, there will be a rematch against him and Robin and Robin will win, but that will be lame because Crocodile is a pretty cool guy.
    Hidden:

and that's really predictable anyways.

Your Magikgarp evolved into a Garpados.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

also, Robin camp: bring better campaigns than sex appeal. because that would be a painful repeat of last year, and it's the only reason I never vote for Robin. Just saying.

gasp, Gunkan! Crocodile wouldn't lose!! and tbh, I don't think they'd fight. Instead of a grudge match from hell, I see Crocodile's possible reunion (in the manga) with Robin to be more like a socially awkward situation.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    gasp, Gunkan! Crocodile wouldn't lose!! and tbh, I don't think they'd fight. Instead of a grudge match from hell, I see Crocodile's possible reunion (in the manga) with Robin to be more like a socially awkward situation.
    No, that's the whole point. Robin hasn't had many good fights (or not enough), and that's the crowning moment: a rematch against the guy who immediately defeated her, the only one of the people she planned on betraying who was smart enough to plan for that.

I bet that he might get played up as a good guy, and we'll learn a ton of crap about him, but then BAM! he'll betray them, but Robin will be like, "Hell no, that's what I do" and use her 1000 fist of nutsack breaking technique and win, which turns out to be his weakness. Or something like that, and it will be pretty awesome for her, and I've always liked Robin so that's cool, but it'll still be bittersweet because I'll be like, "Oh Geez Oda not like I didn't see that coming."

Either that or the opposite: he'll look like a bad guy, but then turn out to be a good guy, but I bet that somewhere along the line Robin and Crocodile will fight again.
    Your Magikgarp evolved into a Garpados.

Robin's only one-on-one fight was with Yama. though I'll never vote for her, it's kind of disappointing to not see more action. and no, bitch-slapping Spandam doesn't count as a fight. :P

Meh, I guess as it is right now, hard to say what will happen. but until he shows up again, I won't be convinced he'll fight with her. I think he'll be more of a "good guy" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    also, Robin camp: bring better campaigns than sex appeal. because that would be a painful repeat of last year, and it's the only reason I never vote for Robin. Just saying.
    Look at Robin's match against Mihawk. Not much sex appeal if any used for campaigns there. But to be fair. Croc gets tons of campaigns on sex appeal/cuteness too.

And Croc/Robin would totally fight. Or be ready to. This guy tried to kill her of course. And they were always planning on betraying/killing each other in the end anyways. I always imagine them as the type of team when partnered Croc did all of the work while Robin just did a little and then went to read a book or something.
    Last edited by Cyber-Robin; August 14th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Also, why does it matter how many fights Robin has been in? She's a great character that has more than sex appeal. She has just as much ambition as the rest of the crew. I like Croc just fine, but it would be hypocritical to use those sexy campaigns of his if people are getting annoyed by Robin's sexiness.

Found an awesome Luffy campaign.

Spoiler:

won't hold back on ANYONE Noqanky's Avatar

MasterkingJC just gave me an idea for an awesome Usopp campaign

Spoiler:

PSN & NNID: Anax4Aero 3DS FC: 1504 - 6058 - 2691

This is awesome , I am looking forward to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    MasterkingJC just gave me an idea for an awesome Usopp campaign

This is beautiful. Usopp has won my vote before the match even started.

pffffft damn Usopp vs Luffy is gonna be so hilariously awesome.

won't hold back on ANYONE Noqanky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    This is beautiful. Usopp has won my vote before the match even started.
    8001 and counting!

and really, I would have never thought of it without your help, so thanks to you!

PSN & NNID: Anax4Aero 3DS FC: 1504 - 6058 - 2691

Quote Originally Posted by CatMonster View Post
    it would be hypocritical to use those sexy campaigns of his if people are getting annoyed by Robin's sexiness.
    interesting point...

it definitely seems that "half naked manly man" sex appeal gets the A-ok, while "girls showing some skin" sex appeal gets booed off...
    even though they're essentially the same thing.

Hello!!

Spoiler:

Buh-bai~! :D
    Last edited by Chrissie; August 15th, 2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Trolling? Me? Never! :3
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Rock and Roll~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Spoiler:

This one is awesome @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Look at Robin's match against Mihawk. Not much sex appeal if any used for campaigns there. But to be fair. Croc gets tons of campaigns on sex appeal/cuteness too.

And Croc/Robin would totally fight. Or be ready to. This guy tried to kill her of course. And they were always planning on betraying/killing each other in the end anyways. I always imagine them as the type of team when partnered Croc did all of the work while Robin just did a little and then went to read a book or something.
    I was referring more to last year's tourney. Much more so. There were some good Robin campaigns, I won't deny that. But the majority of it... In fact most people didn't even bother seriously campaigning for Robin until she went up against Usopp. If you look at the comments, people were actually deterred from voting Robin because of all the talk about cup size and borderline-hentai pics. It's not as bad this year, so far. Dervish and Trashcat had plenty of non-sexy campaigns last year.
    Last edited by piratemarimo; August 15th, 2011 at 06:23 AM. Reason: awesome pics Chrissie

I agree about the lack of people seriously campaigning for Robin. Look at Mihawk's match. But It's pointless campaigning when you know they don't need it. I'm sure there'll be tons of campaigns here for her come match time.

I suppose that is a fair point. I mean, nobody really had to do anything in Croc vs Whitebeard either because it was such a landslide (though a couple people prevented it from being drop-dead boring). I have different vibes this year than last. So I feel confident that we will be seeing some great campaigns for both sides because of the high stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I agree about the lack of people seriously campaigning for Robin. Look at Mihawk's match. But It's pointless campaigning when you know they don't need it. I'm sure there'll be tons of campaigns here for her come match time.
    Yeah I was going to put out more campaigns for Robin against Mihawk, but Mihawk put up much less of a fight than I thought he would.

I am sure there are others who did the same.

yeah I don't doubt we'll see some great campaigns as well as ones from last year in it. I think with any campaign there'll be people who like and don't like. I've seen a few people saying stuff that they won't vote for Croc due to the cute campaigns while others love it. Personally I try to find better images than 'she's hot in this!' for Robin too. If only cus I think saying someone's hot is a shallow reason for voting for them XD In an ideal world there'll be unique campaigns every round. But nobody has the time to do that all the time.

Thread Information