+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece New World arc on 2nd October

Default Re: One Piece New World on 2nd October

Yeah, I know the simulcast will air it on Saturday. *goes back to calendar and changes date*

And I believe Alexis Kirsch said that the "New World" sub-heading may not be permanent if there's an obvious arc break.

The Devil's best friend.

I once made a useless thread, predicting this that got canned. I learned the hard way.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31883&highlight=

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

From everything we've seen, it looks like this is going to be the "New World" arc and not a "New World" series. There's no guarantee that's the case, but judging from the wording in the accounts we've seen thus far, it seems it's just announcing the start of the arc.

The Devil's best friend.

I don't normally care for the anime, but even with this premiering October(whether its a new series, or just a minor title change) I'm not sure they'll have enough chapters to work with and not pad the hell out of the material like Toei did with Dragaonball's 'Z' portions.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    And I believe Alexis Kirsch said that the "New World" sub-heading may not be permanent if there's an obvious arc break.
    I know, but I think that keeping Volume 61+ as "New World" is a better idea than changing it every arc. It would be neat I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I once made a useless thread, predicting this that got canned. I learned the hard way.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=31883&highlight=
    Oh, yeah. I remember that thread. Good times.
    Reminded me of why I don't like AL.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    I know, but I think that keeping Volume 61+ as "New World" is a better idea than changing it every arc. It would be neat I think.
    I agree. It would be neat, but I don't know exactly how they're going to handle it.

still no pictures?
    i want to see the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by diogosnt View Post
    still no pictures?
    i want to see the announcement.
    someone here should bug mangastream about it on their twitter account

but who is gonna do it?

any volunteers?

If anyone here has this week's WSJ early, can you please scan the page for us? Plus, I don't think mangastream themselves has the JUMP, they just scanlate what they get from the raw providers. I'm surprised no one on Manga Helpers has posted even a low quality scan of it.

Trust me, I would if I had the JUMP. But the local import store around me doesn't have the current JUMP issue until like six days after it gets released in Japan. Or, sometimes they might not even get it at all, and just skip it and go after next week's issue. But I'll keep my eye open for it.

I know there are people who buy JUMP regularly, so hopefully we will have the picture when WSJ goes on sale domestically this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

I seriously doubt they'll start anew, especially with 510+ episodes.
    Dragon Ball only had 153 episodes before Dragon Ball Z took over.
    Naruto had 220 episodes before Shippuden took over.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

dragonball to dragonballz is quite obvious....
    the age difference between EVERYONE and the whole
    tone of the series was upgraded... ,
    i don't know how much time there was inbetween the original japanese airings and between the end of DB and the start of DBZ, but i don't think DBZ started right after DB ended...

naruto is completely different,
    if they hadn't caught up to the manga so fast (only a 15 chapter gap when part 1 semi-finished with ep. 135)
    they would have simply continued with the naruto name and numbering.
    because they went too fast they had to insert 85 filler episodes in a row to create a better anime/manga gap and with that de-rail the series , the ONLY reason imo that the name got changed was so they could bring new attention to the naruto series and begin with a fresh start again for all those who had dropped it during the filler madness...

Quote Originally Posted by evilvanessafan View Post
    i don't know how much time there was inbetween the original japanese airings and between the end of DB and the start of DBZ, but i don't think DBZ started right after DB ended...
    Dragon Ball Z episode #1 aired the week after Dragon Ball #153. The animation teams were the same teams with the same chief animator and designer. Had a viewer missed the news about the new title (and the opening) he would think he was watching the same series he always had been. Save for giving Chichi and Bulma new outfits and hair styles and coloring the Kame dougi's symbols white instead of yellow, none of the designs were different from what they were in the last thirty episodes of Dragon Ball.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

Quote Originally Posted by evilvanessafan View Post
    Um, what about the time skip that occurred after Gohan defeated Cell? That was even longer than the time skip that took place after the fight with Piccolo Junior, however, it still retained the "Z" title. There isn't enough for One Piece to become a new series. The characters just got mildly re-designed and gained a few new powers. Other than that, it's pretty much the same stuff.

Not Shonen Jump scan, this is a poster from last V-Jump issue.

Redon, our savior. Thank you.

And does Robin's face look a little...off?

I think that's just the angle. The poster doesn't look like it's flat or directly facing the camera

Yeah, it's probably the angle. Everything else looks real good so far.
    And seeing how there's no new title near the One Piece logo, I guess we can all agree there won't be a new anime series.

I'm liking the shading and extra color and whatnot in this poster, really gives off a "higher budget" feeling.

Really hoping this is indicative of what the actual show will look like, and that it's not just pretty poster art.
    New World is best world.

Um. Did they even look twice how they drew Robin's skirt. Imagine if Chopper wasn't infront of her, how would it look! ._.
    Nami's hips look pretty odd too but who cares. I'm glad we got atleast something!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information