+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2847

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

1) So if I understood correctly, the gift cards work as a substitute to the US credit card, alright?
    2) What shipping address shall I put for the gift cards?
    3) The volumes aren't on Itunes. Where am I supposed to buy them?
    Last edited by Astro123; January 7th, 2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro123 View Post
    1) So if I understood correctly, the gift cards work as a substitute to the US credit card, alright?
    2) What shipping address shall I put for the gift cards?
    3) The volumes aren't on Itunes. Where am I supposed to buy them?
    1) Yes, iTunes gift cards to use for the payments insted of the credit card, you can buy them from local stores or online.
    www.apple.com/shop/accessories/giftcards
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/gifts/
    2) your own address, you can also buy them directly from local apple/tech stores near you.
    3) From apple's appstore via the viz app, Use a vpn to create a free apple id if you don't already have one, select US as the counrty(and enter a US zip, address and phone no), select non for the payment then later on add your credit card or simply use the gift cards.

Download the viz app from the apple's appstore.

Amazon alternative:
    Download amazon app store for android http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?node=2350149011 or
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=2350149011 then download the Viz app from it and pay using amazon(accepts most credit card from almost everywhere)

You can also buy Amazon.com Store Cards from http://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/sto...lattr=PLCCFOOT

Viz website use a vpn
    Last edited by Kaizoku_Ou; January 8th, 2016 at 02:59 AM.

Last questions:
    1) Where do the gift cards get delivered? To the address or the e-mail?
    2) What's the requirements for the Viz weekly subscription?
    3) Is it possible to read the chapters that came out before the current one? How far behind can you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    1) Yes, iTunes gift cards to use for the payments insted of the credit card, you can buy them from local stores or online.
    www.apple.com/shop/accessories/giftcards
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/gifts/
    2) your own address, you can also buy them directly from local apple/tech stores near you.
    3) From apple's appstore via the viz app, Use a vpn to create a free apple id if you don't already have one, select US as the counrty(and enter a US zip, address and phone no), select non for the payment then later on add your credit card or simply use the gift cards.

Download the viz app from the apple's appstore.

Amazon alternative:
    Download amazon app store for android http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?node=2350149011 or
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=2350149011 then download the Viz app from it and pay using amazon(accepts most credit card from almost everywhere)

You can also buy Amazon.com Store Cards from http://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/sto...lattr=PLCCFOOT

Viz website use a vpn
    2. If you are not living in North Amercia that is not possible. Each region has different itunes stores. E.G: You can't use a french itunes gift card and use it in Spain, even though the currency is the same (Euro)
    3. You don't need a vpn connection to create an US apple ID

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Where did "Animal Kingdom Pirates" come from?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Where did "Animal Kingdom Pirates" come from?
    I guess because "Animal Kingdom Pirates" sounds more awesome than "All kind of animals Pirates" what is the literal translation

Animal Kingdom Pirates sounds fine to me. What are the scanlators throwing around?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWind View Post
    Animal Kingdom Pirates sounds fine to me. What are the scanlators throwing around?
    Hundred Beast Pirates/Beast Pirates/Beasts Pirates.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Default The Viz Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    Argentina? I guess you are the Mutaito guy again?
    Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    It's him again. Why is he's not understanding that you can't get volumes from people.
    No doubt about it. Once I opened my account on my comp and I started checking the notifications some days ago, I found a pm from him asking if I have volumes, lol. The same behavior that Mutaito displayed to Aohige.

Animal Kingdom came from "Hyaku-juu" which literally is the kanji for "hundred" and "animal" but it actually means "all manner of beast/animal." A common use of that is "hyaku-juu no ou" which is "king of the beasts" aka Lion.

Kaido's title is "Hyaku-juu no Kaido" so, given the implication, and the reference to him as the strongest creature alive, I called him "Kaido, King of the Beasts." As an analogue I decided to go with Animal Kingdom for his crew, since it's implied that he rules over them, and they obviously have a wide variety of animal-powers in the Gifters.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation. Although it doesn't sound as spectacular as "Hundred Beasts Pirates". We'll get used to it, I'm sure.

And I keep forgetting this, your translations are the official Viz translations we're all (or well, some of us at least :D) buying or are you only translating for ALPHA (that wouldn't make much sense I guess, but I just wanna make sure)?

Yes, his translations are in the volumes are well.

Only after Volume 65(?) or so though.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Alright, that was going to be my second question then, thanks. Looks like I haven't read any of his official translations yet.

I want that third box set already. Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Yes, his translations are in the volumes are well.

Only after Volume 65(?) or so though.
    Starting volume 65 as far as I can tell. But according to the edition notice he was also involved in volume 64.
    Chapter 652 was the first chapter that was included in the very first issue of Shonen Jump alpha (01/30/2012) when Stephen started working on One Piece if I remember it correctly.

If I remember correctly, Stephen said his first chapter he did was the one right after the flashback in 64, where the manga was introducing the New Fishman Pirates for a second time, where they were making the citizens step on a picture of Otohime. He said he did that one as a test/pre-screen.

Hey Stephen (or anyone else who knows about this), I've got a question about the terms Super Rookie and Supernova! Are they interchangeable or are Supernova distinctly only the ones from the Worst Generation (excluding BB, of course).

Because at least on the wikia (yeah yeah, I know), it looks like it's an interchangeable term:
    Japanese Name: 超新星(スーパールーキー)
    Romanized Name: Chōshinsei (Sūpā Rūkī)

I need to know in order to end a debate =))
    Thanks!

In Chapter 600, Caribou is called a super rookie, with the kanji for supernova - 超新星(スーパールーキー). Similarly in Chapter 706, Bartolomeo is called a rookie, with the kanji for supernova - 超新星(ルーキー). So yes, they're interchangeable.

Rookie or Super Rookie is also pretty much the only way even the Worst Generation are referred to prior to the timeskip (either as furigana for supernova, or with katakana alone); the only time I can think of off that they're called Choushinsei is in the chapter title "The Eleven Supernovas" (and the corresponding Volume title).

Quote Originally Posted by arkur View Post
    In Chapter 600, Caribou is called a super rookie, with the kanji for supernova - 超新星(スーパールーキー). Similarly in Chapter 706, Bartolomeo is called a rookie, with the kanji for supernova - 超新星(ルーキー). So yes, they're interchangeable.

Rookie or Super Rookie is also pretty much the only way even the Worst Generation are referred to prior to the timeskip (either as furigana for supernova, or with katakana alone); the only time I can think of off that they're called Choushinsei is in the chapter title "The Eleven Supernovas" (and the corresponding Volume title).
    That is correct - It has been only a couple of weeks that I checked that myself: Choshinsei 超新星 (Supernova) with Hiragana as Furigana ちょうしんせい only appears in chapter 498. Even Caribou is written with the Kanjis for Supernovae (超新星) but with the Katakana Furigana for Super Rookie (スーパールーキー) Compared to that Cavendish is called in chapter 704 only Rookie in Katakana (ルーキー) without the Kanis (超新星) for Supernova

Hello. I want to buy the digital volumes of One Piece, but it seems that having a US based credit card is a requirement. None of the possible ways explained above worked for me. Please someone tell me what shall I do.

It seems I have a stalker

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information